Butter and Margarine

Alright, which is worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/butter-unlikely-to-harm-health-but-margarine-could-be-deadly/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26655020
sophisticatededge.com/how-to-make-whipped-butter.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I havent used margarine in years
Butter tastes way better

margarine objectively but I still use it because 35 calories/tbsp is too good to pass up

I suppose margarine has it's uses, but butter is better by far.

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/butter-unlikely-to-harm-health-but-margarine-could-be-deadly/
Poor fat fuck

Not all margarines have trans fat...

Margarine is way worse. Fun fact: margarine was developed as a fattening agent to be force fed to to turkeys to make them extra plump and juicy

>Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès created it in France, in 1869. He was responding to a challenge by Emperor Napoleon III to create a butter substitute for the armed forces and lower classes.

Butter for cooking, margarine for spreading on bread.

Butter tastes better, provides some fat soluble Vitamin A and D, and half its fat content are unsaturated fats.

tewtsdfasdffsddf

The main difference is that butter tastes like a creamy morning sunrise waking up next to a fertile aryan goddess bearing your seed and margarine tastes like a rough handjob through a tub of movie theatre popcorn, my point is they both have their place.

Margarine is for poor people

Some people just get life better than others

margarine doesn't melt in the heat and that's about the only pro it has for my uses. Otherwise it is was actually invented to kill off poor people.

i made cultured butter from some creme fraiche i made. which i made from some heavy cream and a dash of buttermilk.

did you visit an art gallery with it?

no. I put it on sourdough toast. which I also made. it was fucking delicious.

though it was all too much work.

Did the buttermilk come from your own tiddies?

must have
I actually never made bread or butter

most bread in stores is garbage. most of of them are made from the same base dough. which has things added to it before baking to make it into what it is supposed to be.

real bread will get mold with in a week or go stale in a week. depending on how you store it.

keep real bread in a paper bag with the end open. it won't mold and will go stale instead. stale bread can still be made into toast, stuffing, croutons.

margarine is not as tasty as butter, so i use it for cooking (except for frying)

wtf how is this french who always brag of cuisine made this

Apparently the original was made with tallow and didn't taste too different from actual butter. It must've been higher quality than the cheap margarine of today.

Isn't modern margarine a product of peoples attempts to fatten turkeys?

Oh, I guess someone already said it.

good quality margarine is goodish..

Both are bad but margarine is hydrogenated vegetable oil so margarine is worse
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26655020

I laughed at this more than I should have.

>people still eat margarine
Fucking why
Butter is better for you, tastes better, and has way more uses in cooking.
Pic related, I get a pound when it goes on sale, either this or Kerrygold.

margarine is clearly worse, how is this an argument? margarine is a butter substitute that straight up tastes bad, use oils or lard if you can't have butter for some nonsense reason

I used to use margarine until I realised butter tastes 10x better and doesn't really spoil if you leave it out of the fridge, so the hardness isn't a problem
all unsalted butter tastes the same to me, unless different fat % or lactose %, wouldn't worry too much about brands

Retards still think saturated fats are bad so they avoid butter

please buy lurpak, the best butter for high class cuisine.

you're only paying for the fancy packaging. brand image and import costs

denmark has very high safety regulations and standards compared to pretty much anywhere else and exports their best stuff.

I use and enjoy smart balance margarine.

I love that artificial butter flavor.

Plz don't bully.

It varies. Both should be eaten never. The best margarine can be slightly better overall, many worse margarines much worse. Things to consider are saturated fat, polyunsaturated fats, trans/partially hydrogenated fat, and cholesterol.

Butter can last a few days unrefridgerated, even longer if you cook out the fats and make a Ghee

>Both should be eaten never.
lmao this faggit

Why would you go out of your way for those nutrient-free calories when the average American has seven deficiencies?

>nutrient-free calories
??
Neither butter nor margerine is nutrient-free, whatever the fuck you think that means.

Butter is the best, but margarine is sometimes nice on a toast, not for cooking tho.

if you are so scared about the butter quality get some high fat milk and beat it out yourself.

What's the difference between salted and unsalted butter? Thanks.

Shit tier buttermilk causes shit tier butter, you're just taking the same issue one step backwards

They add salt to salted butter

You don't make butter from buttermilk you use heavy cream. Buttermilk is a byproduct of the churning. Cultured butter is made by innoculating the cream with a bacteria and sweet butter uses plain cream.

margarine for cooking and cakes butter for sandwiches

One has salt, one doesn't.

Unsalted butter for cooking. Salted butter for spreading on toast/bread.

Salted butter also lasts longer because salt is a preservative.

Do you even know how butter is made?

Buttermilk is the LEFTOVER after whole milk is churned to make butter. It is literally the waste product left behind after making butter.

margarine

But butter melts to water if you leave it out the fridge.

Not if you leave it in a cupboard, unless it's summer and you live somewhere particularly hot.

>cook out the fats and make a Ghee

don't post again

Why not just give out the correct information if you see that someone is mistaken about something?

You don't cook the fat out of butter to make ghee, because ghee is fat. You cook out the water because water makes food spoil, and you remove the milk solids. Ghee is basically pure fat, butter is fat + water + milk solids.

Umm... no?

Also, what the FUCK is "cat furniture" captcha?!?

>Why not just give out the correct information if you see that someone is mistaken about something?

40°C average in summer.

Pedantic. English is not my main language

Honey, not everybody around here is female, and very few people around here (if any at all) are currently breastfeeding mothers.
Stop assuming that everybody does the same kind of weird shit as you do.

I lactate. It's my bf's fetish. You don't need to be a mother

Wanna take another crack at that sentence?

French scientist Michel Eugene Chevreul discovered a new fatty acid in 1813 that he dubbed acide margarique. Chevreul’s discovery contained lustrous, pearly deposits, so he named it after the Greek word margarites, for “pearly.”
I keep my bread in the fridge,.

Grew up on margarine, butter seems to have no taste, but I'm gonna buy some and give it another try.
Margarine couldn't be yellow in Quebec until 2008?

what's your problem sweetie? mommy didn't love you?

I like both, margarine is a good spread to moisten up sandwich bread but butter is better for putting on vegetables and popcorn etc

I love movie popcorn

Margarine is so bad even usa has banned it
stores have untill 2018 to keep selling that poison

Frig off Bobandi

Margarine is absolutely trash then again compared to butter it has its issues mainly that is a secondary type of beef product which is cancerous
Beef and cows milk in higher quantities will disagree

you're dumb

read it again and maybe you can understand

margarine, this isn't even a question

only if it's really hot outside, over here we rarely go beyond 30 degrees celsius

I really like the president and kerrygold brands of butter. They taste better than land o lakes. But I've been eating less calories so I can slim down and am considering margarine since it's less calories. Do any brands not use
trans fats? I want to avoid those.

you could also use lower fat butter

It really makes you think....

Yeah, just look for the kinds that don't have any partially hydrogenated oils in them. I use country crock light. You could also try whipping your butter.
sophisticatededge.com/how-to-make-whipped-butter.html