Daily Reminder: Nobody is seriously working on life-extension medicine anymore

Daily Reminder: Nobody is seriously working on life-extension medicine anymore.

[spoiler]Except maybe Calico doing it in secret[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2016/12/researchers-rejuvenate-aging-mice-stem-cell-genes
cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(13)00645-4
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/03/harvard-scientists-pinpoint-critical-step-in-dna-repair-cellular-aging/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Daily Reminder: Nobody is seriously working on life-extension medicine anymore.
Speak for yourself.

Some of the most important ageing research articles have come out in these last few years... "life-extension" is a meme anyway, the scientific equivalent is ageing research.

>NO U!
Excellent rebuttal

Such as...

>Such as...
sciencemag.org/news/2016/12/researchers-rejuvenate-aging-mice-stem-cell-genes

cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(13)00645-4

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/03/harvard-scientists-pinpoint-critical-step-in-dna-repair-cellular-aging/

off the top of my head, there's probably dozens more if you actually search for it

>sciencemag.org/news/2016/12/researchers-rejuvenate-aging-mice-stem-cell-genes
Not humans. The longest lived mouse lived a bit over 4 years.

>cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(13)00645-4
>It's literally nothing

>DUDE NAD LMAO

Fuck I was expecting better than this. At least you could have pointed to real stem cell therapies in action or rapamycin or something. But even those are pathetic. Literally EVERYTHING in life extension medicine has been fucking theoretical for 30 fucking years now.

Reminder that biological immortality and >250 IQ is better than extincting the human race and replacing us with AI.

This is the type of research you don't wanna just openly publish. At least make it somewhat difficult for the Chinese to steal it.

Why? This shit needs to get out as soon as fucking possible if it's to be of value to anyone alive. We can worry about politics and economics and how people are going to use it LATER.

Filthy meat bags.

You're all going to be obsolete soon.

life-extension is a topic only narcissistic teens are interested in. grow the fuck up. there is no point in you living for hundreds of years, you're not that interesting.

>what is a normal distribution
>the fuck is a bell curve
If everyone becomes smarter, that would be the new 100 IQ

>Not humans
>It's literally nothing
>DUDE NAD LMAO

It's my fault for taking you seriously and responding. Sage & Report, you're the shitposter that has been spamming "NEVER" about life extension in every thread you make.

The universe is interesting.

Longer life spans mean long projects can be done. Since you don't have to depend on future generations continuing them.

There is for me. I have millennial plans.

You don't know what you're talking about, which is common for the plebs just dipping their toes into the subject. NAD will not even slow aging, let alone reverse it. The second link you provided was LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING. And any procedure that never even BEGINS to be implemented for human use is pointless. Did I miss anything? Wanna meme resveratrol too?

>LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING
lol

What kind of teenager unironically uses words like "life extension"? The same kind that thinks experiments in that "field" would be human pharmaceutical trials before even a theory of ageing has been established. Even if you've never worked in a scientific field, you could've read the paper even the authors state why it's important, no critical thinking needed. Or you could've looked at the citations.

The first step to approaching a clinical problem is to understand the science behind it, to define a scientific phenomenon by its "symptoms", the way it presents so the biochemical processes can be individually studied. It's arguably one of the most important papers in the ageing field (according to the professors I've worked with, mind you).

Animal trials are the only way to ascertain the effectiveness of pre-clinical treatments of ageing, if you have a problem, take it up with the government and their ethics committee. And why do you have a problem with it anyway? In your OP you asked about "life extension" interventions, you didn't specify "human". So why are you crying?

>NAD will not even slow aging, let alone reverse it
You do realise that there are many causes for ageing, right? Actually, just read the "literally fucking nothing" link I provided. DNA degradation is one of the causes of ageing. Only unified treatments/cocktails have a chance at actually making a difference in lifespan, there is magical chemical that reverses ageing.

Anyway, you are not a scientist. You have never worked in the field or contributed in any way. You do not understand it. You resorted to mentioning resveratrol hoping it is somehow relevant among biologists in ageing research, but it isn't. So stop larping as an "expert" in "life-extension medicine". Oh, and by the way, you'll be long dead by the time the "life-extension medicine" you dream of will be developed. Like you said, it's only for the animals :^).

The fuck does everyone think I am working on if NOT THIS ULTIMATELY?!

That's why you guys are having a hard time understanding me because I gotta teach you ALL THAT OTHER SHIT BEFORE I CAN LET YOU PLAY WITH ETERNITY!

She's a filthy slut, but ya gotta learn 'which hole OR which order'

Oh boy here we go. Guess what? I'm not even going to read your fucking rant, because I already know what it says. I saw the "You're not a scientist" bit and that sums up all of your retarded opinions. You're not either. Get the fuck out of my thread, you fucking know-nothing child.

And to put a final nail in this gish gallop horseshit, anyone who's going to argue "muh star gods in 20 years" needs to either point to ONE therapy that even noticeably slows aging that is at least in R&D, not even in practice, but NOT just in the theoretical stage or only used in mice (wah muh mice doe!). An actual medicine, therapy. SOMETHING that does or can bear results. Even rapamycin hasn't been shown to do fucking shit except lower immunity for organ transplants.

How does the current system of grant cycles support aging research? I mean, I feel like aging research is discouraged when most people are only guaranteed funding for 5 years if they are lucky enough to get funded by the NIH.

SENS alone has millions at its disposal. Look how much money was raised for breast cancer with no results - it was truly an absurd amount. And I'm pretty sure the cures for cancer we have now had almost nothing to do with that. Muh funding is a meme.

a lot of this research is done in institutes with "generous" donors backing them, so this doesn't happen