How do you guys deal with the general stress and sadness of grad school?

How do you guys deal with the general stress and sadness of grad school?

by dropping out

reminding myself of how much pussy I can get when I have money

Yeah, that's not really an option for me, I really want to do research.

>Yeah, that's not really an option for me, I really want to do research.
dropping out is always an option

Fuck, I just started grad school, what am I in for? My biggest worry right now is not knowing what area of my field (mech engineering) to dedicate my life to.

OP here.

We're on the same boat, friend. I'm just starting my masters and having a hard time with classes + research

I feel like all my problems would go away if I could just find a thesis subject that I enjoy and a good professor to guide me. Classes don't worry me, you get your reference text, attend lectures, study hard and take the exam, done. Research though......

Where are you guys from?

Don't be a fucking cuck OP and others. Grad school is not hard, or depressing. Students get depressed because it's the first time they have to think outside of the box and solve their own problems. That and lacking any semblance of time management skills.

Learn to manage your fucking time, don't be a lazy asshole who does nothing, and read as many papers on your topic as possible.

It is pretty demanding, though.

My biggest problem is shame, actually. Even though no one is judging me (maybe my advisor only) when I get a bad mark it feels so humiliating. One week dedication towards that and it all goes down the drain. And my >biggest< problem isn't even not knowing how to do the questions, it's the time I take to complete them, to the point where usually the test ends and I left a blank question. Knowing I got a bad grade because of time feels extra bad.

>he fell for the academia meme

2nd year here familia

;_;

Grad school isn't that stressful man. If you're having that much trouble it's in your interest to drop out and become a code monkey.

smoka da gonja mon

>Grad school isn't that stressful man
only people that think that are the autists

drink and smoke

i see plenty of people with PhDs that are lonely fucks and i'm scared to shit i'll be one of them

Thinking about it. It's been really awful so far, and it doesn't look like there's much in the way of career prospects to look forward to if I did graduate.

What a waste of time and money if I do, just like the rest of my schooling.

If you have a math degree just drop out and go to wall street

i guess you've never had a real job

grad school is comfy as fuck

Just get a masters, all you can look forward to with a PHD is being an exploited Post Doc

I don't have any skills to use on Wall Street, otherwise I probably would. I genuinely can't come up with a reason why I'm doing grad school other than the hope it'll give me something. I have nothing right not and wouldn't get a job anywhere.

This desu

I have friends who complain about doing research and classes and having to grade papers and shit

Like bitch I used to stock shelves and wake up at 5 to work in a freezer, for 3 years, grad school is think a few hours a day about your research, grade a couple papers and get paid to do it? That sounds amazing

I skipped class today and the career fair because I feel so hopeless.

I'm in grad school and wake up at 3 am to scrub shit off of toilets at 4 am so I can be my advisor's bitch at 9:30

End my life

Medication

>only people that think that are the autists
The only people who should be going into academia are autists.

If mucking around with some comically specific useless theory for 13 hours a day isn't your idea of heaven why are you even going to grad school

>implying you'll ever have money, and by extension, puss
You should change your expectations before you get crushed into suicide later in life, user. It's not too late.

Iktf

The worst part is knowing you did know everything about the subject, but not getting the max grade anyway due to inbetween bullshit.

>why are you even going to grad school
cause i applied and got in

just drop out, happiness is important

remembering that everyone dies within a few decades on the outside is great. Also not actually doing grad school and just pursuing entertainments on my own terms is comfy as fuck.

Besides suffering a lot in the academia, I tend to look at it as a necessary evil for me. I've never been the smartest kid so I try to compensate it with effort at the cost of my sanity. Not really healthy, but I want to do research, so I have to go through it.

medfag reporting in

just started, shit sucks. studying all day every day. all the cute grills in my class are taken.

oh well, at least its pretty cool to cut up a dead body.

We'll make it through this

>I've never been the smartest kid so I try to compensate it with effort at the cost of my sanity
But that's how the smart kid becomes the smart kid, senpai. You're doing well.

T-Thank you, kouhai ;-;

I'm beginning my applications for grad school in the next couple of weeks. I feel like I'm probably too fucking stupid for grad school, but I'm going to try anyway (MS in bio).

I'm not content with studying just to get a good job and slave away for the necessities of life until the day I day. I want to really make an impact. But the truth is, that's very unlikely to happen. Am I being stupid? Should I concentrate my studies on subjects that have the most earning potential?