Which one was the superior novel?

Which one was the superior novel?

I prefer the Bleeding Edge by a long shot. I really hope they don't make it into a movie.

BE is dogshit. The first user genuinely seems like a retarded person. Especially for that film comment.

Both are awful.

Both are good

Veeky Forums the thread

We've covered all the bases.

/thread

While I was reading Bleeding Edge the girl wanted to see what I was reading and she only saw the parts where Max is undercover at a stripclub then she gives a guy a footjob

Fuck you Pinecones

*the girl I liked, fug

I don't know.

>yfw

It's subjective

It's objective

THESE BOOKS ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR CANDLEJACK TO RE-

Bleeding Edge had more clever puns and I was caught off guard by there being nostalgia namedrops I actually understand 100%. IV was better plotted but it was boring.

Inherent Vice made me deeply sad at moments, and also annoyed that my parents didn't invest in California real estate when they had the chance. Dummies.

I haven't read Bleeding Edge.

kek

almost done with inherent vice. am i supposed to understand all the connections or even what's going on with the murders and fake deaths and golden tooth and secret towns?
or am i just supposed to go with the flow?

so which one, Veeky Forums?

I understood most everything. There is some stuff left cryptic, but nothing that seemed very important. I could at least make a good guess about everything, and I was satisfied with the answers I could connect easily.

Was there even anything? I remember most scenes but not the "plot"

I prefer Ready Player One to both of them

I think most things were wrapped up pretty well by the book without much speculation.
really the only open end I can think of, or perhaps that I am forgetting, would be why Wolfmann was taken. We get pretty good answers for everything else.

After posting I reread your post, do you mean was there even anything actually happening?
yeah, most every conspiracy actually lead to something Or turned out to be the truth.

how are they even similar at all?

V and Gravity's Rainbow and even Against the Day still stand today for me.
I found IV boring and trite, and BE felt like reading something from William Gibson's Blue Ant triology though not quite as sophisticated.

I dunno. I just wanted to see what reaction I'd get

Both IV and BE are masterpieces. Nothing about them is trite. Although you may find them boring. I don't. Do your research.

In Bleeding Edge, Pynchon rewrote Pattern Recognition to teach Gibson how to not be a retard.

Does Pynchon talk about POKEMON in Bleeding Edge?

I. LOVE. POKEMON

Yes, at one point he mentions a Japanese Psyduck card. Don't remember the context though.