Did this guy seriously fucking invent his own mathematics to solve an unsolvable problem?

Did this guy seriously fucking invent his own mathematics to solve an unsolvable problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc_ver6.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/anpi-kakunin-jouhou.html
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/footnote.html
inference-review.com/article/fukugen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did homo sapien sapien?

>when your colleague gives his own exposition of the proof but the theorems themselves are still over a page long

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc_ver6.pdf

>The proposition immediately follows from the described algorithms.

does anyone actually think he isn't a hack?

>does anyone actually think he isn't a hack?
me

>does anyone actually think he isn't a hack?
he is a much better mathematician than you are

He's right, and you're wasting your time posting on a Malaysian Trout Fishing Imageboard

>claims to be right
>writes proof with undergrad tier "obviously it follows" claims
>proof vague enough to be impenetrable
>refuses to explain himself

"such an esoteric genius"

if your proof cant convince a clear-headed idiot, it's not a proof.

t. brainlet

and i'm much better at having sex than mochizuki

that's probably not even true
mochizuki would get as much pussy as he wanted if he wanted

He is virgin

>>writes proof with undergrad tier "obviously it follows" claims
proof: think

>if he wanted

I mean, the rest of his work was pretty good

>Let ... l be a prime number
>We assume l and p are odd
Stopped reading here. What a brainlet.

Source?

>caring about sex and being proud of it

found the woman

>>Let ... l be a prime number
>>We assume l and p are odd
>Stopped reading here. What a brainlet.
What exactly is the issue?

I think that his math is the limit of human brain and that we will need some super-nootropic or cybernetic implant to go any further, shit is getting clearly too complex to follow. Too many shit has to be in your head interconnected at the same time,

Well by gradually integrating all the skill components required for the proof in long term memory and perfect memorization of all the vocabulary/procedure, the strain on working memory should be tolerable.

Imagine being so retarded you forgot that 2 was a number.

I wonder how long it took him to write that paper all in tex

Maybe 5 years research and 15 years write it

unmarriage begin over 40 years old, enter princeton with 16 Y.O

That's what you have to do..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems

>those function names
how much LSD is this motherfucker smoking

? are you alright

etale-cohomology is not a "new math"

Algebraic Geometry is nothing new.

if the sentences are true/satisfiable/provable, then writing the proof is just an exercise for a calculator
you're not a calculator, are you user?

the most perfect paper is indeed just a series of true statements ended with "QED"

>t. haven't read IUT

What if you assume that a number can only be prime if there is atleast one whole number besides itself, one, and zero that is smaller than it.

Imagine that all numbers were imagined by people and still are...

>besides itself
>smaller than it
holy shit user what are you hiding from us?

True, for all the so called progress mathematics has given, people tend to forget that NUMBERS are just SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS!

Physics -1 Math -0

>What if you assume that a number can only be prime if there is atleast one whole number besides itself, one, and zero that is smaller than it.
Then you completely redefine what a prime number is. Holy shit this post is ridiculous. Imagine 10, get rid of 10, 1, and 0. So numbers 9 through 2 are smaller than it and 10 is prime, by your logic.

Are Japs master race?

he obviously means this condition is to be added to the current definition

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn...........

BUZKASHI
U
Z
K
A
S
H
I

What's with his neck and that dumb smile?

yup, but it's not like he did everything from scratch, there was already a field called Teichmuller theory. He just extended that to work on other objects. But yeah, it is a bit like knowing calculus in R^n and extending it to work on manifolds.

He's japanese, user, don't be racist.

Then it would be every prime number in existence other than 2. He could just say: "Where 2 isn't prime."

but 2 is a prime

>That's what you have to do..
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems
I'm not sure you understand what those theorems really mean

(You)

Okay everyone give me topology textbook recommendations.

Munkres.

But if you're really interested in this crap you should do Atiyah-MacDonald while doing Munkres. Then do Eisenbud's Commutative Algebra and Hartshorne's Algebraic Geometry. That should take you at least 2 years. Now you're ready to start learning the prereqs for IUTT.

Wow thank you user. Sometimes this board offers up diamonds among the shit.

>diamonds among the shit.
Nutshell Veeky Forums

>the most well known, canon books of their fields
>"diamonds"

Tells you how unfamiliar I am with topology and what constitutes being well-known.

Munkres' topology is a primo book for topology, used everywhere.

Once you get through the first 2/3 you should check out Munkres Analysis on Manifolds! No one ever talks about that but it's an awesome look at your seminal calculus proofs using topology instead of just analysis. It gets really high up there...maybe my favorite math text ever.

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/anpi-kakunin-jouhou.html

Do I need to read up on abstract algebra before Atiyah-MacDonald or is Atiyah-MacDonald self-contained?

On an unrelated note, I wonder what kind of anime does he like, being Japanese and all.

And I'm not OP, I don't know why I wrote "On an unrelated note".
I need to sleep.

Does anyone on Veeky Forums understand it?

Fesenko doesn't browse Veeky Forums, neither do God himself and his right hand. There's nobody else who understands it, so no, there's no such person on Veeky Forums.

>Fesenko doesn't browse Veeky Forums
page 6: kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc_ver6.pdf

Are you a retard or have you never used email?

>Are you a retard or have you never used email?
elaborate

'>' is used as quotation mark in emails, not everyone who uses it (in a fucking email) is a 4chin
if you were not an underage facebook shitposter, you would have known that by using email for communication, not just as spambox
i suggest you not spill your spaghetti on your profs, when you get to uni and they reply to your email, quoting you

>'>' is used as quotation mark in emails, not everyone who uses it (in a fucking email) is a 4chin
>if you were not an underage facebook shitposter, you would have known that by using email for communication, not just as spambox
>i suggest you not spill your spaghetti on your profs, when you get to uni and they reply to your email, quoting you
Did you even read the footnote.html page I linked? Go obviously knows '>' is used as a quote since he uses it himself that way. Please work on your reading comprehension

Some email software indent received text with ">" when you reply

The man is accusing another of making up false allegations in an email using ">"

Many message boards use ">" to quote text, and it's not something that was invented or original to Veeky Forums

>Some email software indent received text with ">" when you reply
>The man is accusing another of making up false allegations in an email using ">"
>Many message boards use ">" to quote text, and it's not something that was invented or original to Veeky Forums
see

As I wrote in my previous reply:
>Many message boards use ">" to quote text, and it's not something That was invented or original to Veeky Forums

At the bottom he writes:
>(These quoted sentences are not modified ones nor fabricated ones.)

You seem to have interpreted my post as implying Fesenko does browse Veeky Forums. I quoted that part because it was implying Fesenko understood IUT, while the footnote suggests otherwise

Indeed that was my interpratation, my apologies.
IUTeich is like a korean soap-opera, but all the people who claim to understand it say the same things. So either none of them does, or they all do. I don't care about these petty dramas. If he really fabricated an email, he's a dick, but that doesn't change anything about his understanding of IUTeich.
For even better drama, read some papers on string theory.

not a lot of professional mathematicians understand it.

so can anyone elaborate in laymans terms what exatly he did with his theory that wasnt doable before or what is exactly new or what will be possible in the future(maybe)? thankyou

no

no

>LSD
>smoking

>the joke
>you're head

yes

maybe

inference-review.com/article/fukugen

the longer i think about it, the more unnerving it gets

your*

this better be bait