It's possible to selectively and forcibly (in)breed livestock that's so brain damaged they don't register pain or...

It's possible to selectively and forcibly (in)breed livestock that's so brain damaged they don't register pain or stress or respond to any outside stimuli at all. So why don't we?

If all meat animals were mentally vegetative it'd be easier to store, force-feed, fatten, drug, and slaughter them however manufacturers want without any moral controversy, and vegans wouldn't have a reason to exist.

ask ur mum

Don't we already do that to Americans?

it wouldn't be easier to raise them
and they would be gross tasting. fatty and atrophied

>ur mum
clever and original. i like it.

>without any moral controversy
How about the fact that you're purposedly raising retarded cattle

its not worth the time, effort or the money.

We'd have to find a way to mechanically excersise them so the muscle fiber wouldn't be all fucked up. It's easier to do what you're saying by growing tissue, honestly.

American jokes are replacing Godwin's law for inevitable thread derailment

What's wrong with that? They wouldn't be suffering. They wouldn't even be self aware.

>So why don't we?
Because that sounds fucking retarded and so do you

>food chain works since who knows the fuck when
>vegans decide nature is wrong

We should kill all white sharks since devouring seals while they are still alive is unethical. Get fucking real it happens all the time

Because I don't care
Let them suffer

They already are. Vegans are just anthropomorphizing.

>rape is natural
>cannibalism is natural
>cyanide is natural
Please do all the above to yourself

>respond to any outside stimuli at all
makes for shit meat

>don't register pain
they would fuck themselves up constantly without noticing

I jerked it when I was drunk and ate the cum is that rape and cannibalism?

You want me to jerk off angrily into my mouth while eating apple seeds?

Animals don't have feelings

>waddles up to barbed wire fence
>leans on it like lazy fatass
>half the carcass is scar tissue or boils and needs to be thrown away
self-preservation preserves good meat

I'm not eating retard meat, get fucked

Are you kidding? Grown ass adults won't even eat a fruit or an actual vegetable if it even slightly looks weird bc it grew "deformed".

Ain't no way in heeeeeeelllll you're going to convince people to eat the meat of some 2 headed 8legged octocalf that was stillborn with its tongues dangling from their bleeding faces, all bc you tried to placate vegetarians by further torturing the delicious sentient animals we eat.

Honestly, plants have it bad too. They live, breathe, change, grow, feel pain, they even fucking communicate with each other when there's danger and shit.

Yes.

rape and cannibalism are bad because they mess with human relations, making it less likely for a group of humans to survive
morality is an evolutionary trait that applies only to fellow humans, applying it to animals or plants is absurd
life is impossible without consuming other beings and the universe doesn't give a fuck about your feelings

You ever had to chase down 6 cattle in the middle of the night because they busted through the fence after fireworks were going off?

Imagine trying to do it where they don't resond to getting wadded with a stick or prod. That's why.

>or respond to any outside stimuli at all

How are you supposed to get an animal to move where you want it to if it will not respond to outside stimuli? How is an animal supposed to see where its food is if it cannot receive outside stimuli?

>vegans wouldn't have a reason to exist
Can someone be this retarded? Vegans are against the exploitation of animals. Raising an animal to kill and sell it is no bueno regardless of its sensory capabilities. Also consider that vegans don't give a shit about bee welfare. They do give a shit that bee's honey is taken from the hive and sold.

Extending your OP, would you be fine if it was mandated that every woman who wanted kids had to have one baby that was genetically modified to be retarded so its organs could eventually be harvested?

Somebody hasnt heard of veal huh

>Extending your OP, would you be fine if it was mandated that every woman who wanted kids had to have one baby that was genetically modified to be retarded so its organs could eventually be harvested?

That's actually fucking brilliant. Maybe instead of requiring that, we could just incentivize it, though. Like "Get IVF to have an organ baby and we'll pay you the market rate for the organs it produces"

>Extending your OP, would you be fine if it was mandated that every woman who wanted kids had to have one baby that was genetically modified

That's an entirely different issue altogether. Not only are you talking about creating a modified organism, but you're also compelling the mother to go through the effort of bearing a child. It's not comparable at all.

A better question would be to simply ask if you were OK with cloning a brainless child in a lab to harvest organs.

>we could just incentivize it, though
Agreed, that's a much better idea.

Dude, if they don't respond to outside stimuli they wouldn't notice fireworks at all

Why can't we just raise livestock responsibly? Give them area to roam and feed them right, it's not like it requires an incredible amount of extra effort (I don't think). The problem is that we're basically torturing animals for meat instead of using them symbiotically.

>"My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?"

Here's an idea, how about we just grow the meat in the lab ourselves and bypass the whole animal part?

>clever and original.
It's hardly either of those two things, are you 7, retarded, or both.

Isn't the whole point of veal that they move as little as possible so as not to toughen up the muscles.

Chairman Yang was always my favorite faction to play on Alpha Centauri.

I either went with him or with Lady Deidre because I also liked burrowing my mind-worms into the living, screaming heads of the bible-thumping believers or UN cucks.

Let's see how your 'UN resolutions' come in handy after I glass half your territory with sea-launched, fully-upgraded Planet Busters and then use the resulting fungal bloom as a highway for my mindworms, driving your army insane and terrorizing your citizens as I raze the remaining cities to the ground and let nature retake its place!

Because most consumers don't give a shit and only care about cheap cheap cheap.

I am highly opposed to factory farming. Not just because of the animal welfare issues, but also because it results in shitty flavorless meat.

Wat's sad is that many people simply aren't aware that their meat could taste so much better via alternative raising methods because they've never been exposed to the alternative. Factory farmed meat has been the norm for so long that that's all many people have known.

I've got no problem with the idea of lab-grown meat.

But I fear that just like factory farmed meat and GMO produce that the focus will remain on "cheaper" at the expense of taste.

The whole point of veal is simply that it's a young animal, and it's a practical means of using up the male calves produced by the dairy industry which otherwise would be useless.

It's only some veal that is kept moving as little as possible.

>no outside stimuli

Far enough. However, that also means they are too dumb to feel pain. Which means they'll lean on or run into whatever, even if it starts giving them open wounds.

Yum yum, that's the beef I wanna eat.

>it's not like it requires an incredible amount of extra effort (I don't think)
>it's not like
>I don't think
Yes, you clearly didn't think. Try doing some research before making unsubstantiated claims.

such delicious irony.
also, sick trips satan.

True, animals already do dumb shit like that though anyway, here in aus our kangaroo's are suicidal or some shit, when you're driving and they're on the side of the road looking like they're gonna cross the road they'll wait till the last minute to jump across and jump straight in front of your car

Satan can't notice sarcasm.
You thick cunt. Lurk more.

Do you honestly not have any idea why an animal's panic might set in when you get close? We really sent the cream of the crop down there. BAKA.

Well excuse me cunt, sorry I'm not a master in animal psycology and anyway, my family isn't even British at all, not a drop of pom blood in me, my family came over during the gold rush cause shipbuilding wasn't working out for us

Panic makes sense.

Running directly INTO the source of that panic does not. What would make more sense is to run AWAY from the source of panic.

Because inbreeding will cause genetic disease way before it makes them not respond to pain
Then you have to deal with livestock getting sick and dying before they can grow enough to be sold

Why can't we give them a strong dose of opiates before we cut their necks – nullifying potential discomfort? Or maybe cows should just stop complaining. The dopey cunts get fed well enough, they should know they have an end to keep.

Lmao let's just create freak cattle. No way the vegans will get butt hurt by that.

have you ever been around animals ever

I suppose we could, but instead we just blow their brains out with a bolt gun.

we have 3d printers, we should instead print meat

i'm in a meat science class and slaughtered a steer for the first time yesterday morning. the only source of discomfort for the animal was the fact that it was put in a chute and there were people around -- which is the exact same conditions that occur during basic husbandry/veterinary care.

the instant we hit it with the bolt gun, it collapsed, unconscious. there wasn't any time for it to register pain or discomfort.

i had no idea how i was gonna feel about the process, i'll tell you that, but when it's done responsibly i can confidently tell you that there is no discomfort.

even if ranchers/cattle owners don't care about the animal's comfort from a welfare standpoint, stress fucks meat up. it benefits them economically to keep the cattle calm, to do things fast and cleanly.

ok, this is the last time I visit ck. ffs.

>le nihilism the universe is a darwinian competition
The point of veganism is that you can eat a nutritionally complete diet without contributing to animal suffering.

This for the most part...farmers tend to keep their cattle well fed, sheltered from bad elements, lots of room to wander around as it allows the product to retain it's value...
For the farmer, it's an investment in the cattle, to recieve a better return at the end sale...

>hasn't HERD of veal :)

go fuck your mother

Sorry, retard. Whether you eat meat or not, actively participating as a consumer in modern society inevitably contributes to animal suffering of some kind. The vaccines that protect you from barbaric illnesses. The various products you use which you can be assured of the safety of because they were first tested on animals. The leather of your couch and car interior. Even the space race which brought us the advanced computing technologies you happily use today involved launching numerous animals out into space to die for the betterment of mankind. And before industrialization, animals were essentially our slave labor, ploughing fields and taking us from point A to B.

Human civilization is built on animal suffering, so get fucked.

>Going through the trouble of selectively inbreeding cattle to produce stupider-than-average cows that will be a hassle to care for, and probably won't even taste that good due to just so we can try to make vegans shut up

It's not like we have CRISPR/Cas9 to do this or anything.

Other people have mentioned that, but it would come with its own set of problems like probably being even lower quality meat. It also seems a bit horrifying, like it could eventually be done to humans. Lab-grown meat is a better solution, I think. Like you said, it'll cause veganism to be obsolete.

One would think the Dark Prince would have a sense oh humor.

We do, OP. Just look at yer mum.

you think that bear is uncomfortable?

I grew up with many pets and currently maintain a clowder of wonderful cats. I also do my best to feed the muskrats when I bike by their habitat. (They like it when you toast nuts and oats for them.)

Let's face it. It's both weird and depressing when a squirrel runs straight into your car. This tendency still exists after umpteen generations in the city because they exist in huge numbers as nature's potato chips, and often pass on their genes well before they fuck up this way. There's no good reason for any adaptive behavior to circumvent this, if you look at it from that perspective.

>human action is pointless, free will dun exits, suffering is inevitable
Fuck off, Schopenhaur. Yes, medications are tested on animals. Yes, animals are studied for their products to make consumer products.

Veganism is about minimizing animal suffering. If you had no choice other than to eat meat, you would. But that's rarely the case and in our modern day we can make choices that make us less complicit in causing animal suffering.

I'm not even vegan, you're just being a pretentious cunt about it.

veganism is about how much cock you can take in each of your delicate holes you faggot, nothing more.

Poor thing, I think it is acoustic.

That's why your mum comes to all the vegan meetups, then.

It will be easier to grow pieces of meat in a lab

Lets grow chickens with 8 legs first, sitting in cages with VR headsets on.

When that doesn't make 99% of people disgusted try again

Lmao what the fuck? At what point did I describe human action as pointless or speak of free will? I'm not the original poster in that comment chain.

All I am doing is pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of vegan platitudes about "preventing animal suffering" through consumption while enjoying all the other perks of animal suffering.

It's certainly not impossible. One could easy go live innawoods, detached from technology and living on fruit and grain. If this is perfectly doable, doesn't that make the modern, Western way of life an unnecessary act of suffering upon animals? Oh wait no, that would be much more inconvenient than simply not shoving (non-human) meat down your gob and you wouldn't be able to virtue signal about it on the Internet, either!

>I'm not even vegan
Lol, okay bud.