twitter.com/AnonBabble

can't

why not

suck everything because portal produces black holes

Why would a portal produce a black hole

THIS THREAD CANT DIE

energy conservation

i'm sure you can think of a way to get infinite energy out of two portals

Portals as shown Portal violate conservation of linear momentum, angular momentum, and energy.

>but but "speedy thing goes in speedy things come out"
Momentum is a vector. Changing direction is a change in momentum.

>lacking an understanding of basic physics
This is an 18+ board..

Because teleportation isn't real

Right, care to explain how a physics PhD failed to have basic understanding of physics?

Quantum tunneling.

What if the energy comes from whatever is creating the portals?

Do you think the idea of a wormhole is the same as a blackhole

>portal on floor portal on roof
>put in turbine
>add water
so infinite energy right?

Except that it is. Ever heard of quantum tunneling? The Chinese just demonstrated it successfully.

then after going through a portal and ending up in a place with higher potential energy, the portal would use some of its energy, meaning there would be some point where the portal would close after you going through it, some point where it closes while you are half way through it cutting you in half, and some point where it closes before anything can go through it or maybe not even opening in the first place.

And this is just considering the potential energy part of the conservation of mechanical energy, which isn't even the only type of conservation of energy. All energy is conserved.

no imagine you drilled a straight hole through the center of the earth and jumped through. same idea

how the fuck is that the same idea? gb2 middle school kid. skipping class is obviously not working out for you

Reminder that portals are just holes and DO NOT affect anything that passes through them in any way.

Some autist on Veeky Forums would break it.

Jam several gravity disruption generators within micro spaces at the frequency of covalent and ionic bonds between molecules and have it vibrate in a gel to incite the bending of gravity that calculates the distance between it and another portal using radiowaves.

>physics PhD on Veeky Forums

just leave.

from the objects point of reference, when going through 2 different angled portals, the vector is not changing, its only for a person observing it from the outside. when you look through the exit portal back at the object moving towards the entry portal, the object accelerating through it, at no point is changing its vector from its point of view.

The momentum is expressed by the change in gravity once through.
The portal itself acts as a medium for interaction.

You are on the wrong board, kid.

>Momentum is a vector

Holy shit, nigger. Still stuck in the classical brainlet age? LMAO at u "physics PhD"

>care to explain how a physics PhD failed to have basic understanding of physics
Oh, do you know one?

>Momentum is a vector. Changing direction is a change in momentum.
What is centripetal force and how does it work?

That still doesn't solve the problem of breaking momentum conservation in the lab frame. Even in the object frame, there's the problem of instantaneous changes in forces.

Why would we not use classical mechanics here?

Several, in fact.

A centripetal force is a force, a force causes a change in momentum. It changes the linear momentum of the object in circular motion.

The Moon Dust they use is pure poison.

I am deathly ill.

Still, it turns out they're a great portal conductor.

Well if you look at the original Stargate movie or the Mass Effect series, or really any science fiction about teleportation through technology, it seems like there is almost always something nefarious that creates the portals or is waiting for someone else to use them so they can corrupt whoever comes through.

The only exception I can think of is Dune.

"The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory they are extinguished. The Protheans were not the first. They did not create the Citadel. They did not forge the mass relays. They merely found them - the legacy of my kind.

Why would you construct the mass relays and leave them for someone else to find?

Your civilization is based on the technology of the mass relays. Our technology. By using it, your civilization develops along the paths we desire. We impose order on the chaos of organic life. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

I think it might be best to avoid teleportation for now. I think it is bad enough that we have stuff like CERN.

So now we're gonna see if jumping in and out of these new portals can somehow leech the lunar poison out of a man's bloodstream.

>The only exception I can think of is Dune.
>Portals
>Dune

Que?

the world is flat and the new world order international shadow government is conspiring to keep free energy from us, so for all intensive porpoises you are wrong.

what makes you think linear momentum is actually conserved?
clearly we see it conserved in the world around us, but there aren't any portals in the world around us either so I don't see why you think that it applies to portals

If it could work, it would exist already

t. some guy talking about human flight in the 18th century

If a mechanism existed that enabled portals, then it would have been explored already. No such mechanism for teleportation exists.

You can theorize over bending space time and shit, but even then the gravity used in bending two positions together would interact in a 3D manner, not a 2D one. So it would not be a portal as seen in the game. Though I guess it could be shot from a gun. Although it wouldn't have to. It isn't like the exotic mass in the gun needs to leave the device to be turned in. As soon as the mass is generated, ideally from energy and not collected from the local environment, it would be warping space time.

The device found in the game cannot currently exist until some new mechanism is found.

flat earthers dont deserve internet

How about a spherical portal that conserved linear momentum like so. Surely this is possible?
whatever you're just part of the lizard conspiracy

If a mechanism existed that enabled instant communication across the globe then it would have been explored already. No such mechanism exists, you have to send a courier with a papyrus letter to walk hundreds of miles to send a letter from Alexandria to Constantinople and this is the way it will always be.
t. some dude in the Ancient Roman Empire

>The device found in the game cannot currently exist until some new mechanism is found.
oh wait you actually get it

Fucking dumbest thing I've ever read.

>>but but "speedy thing goes in speedy things come out"
>Momentum is a vector. Changing direction is a change in momentum.

What about

o r b i t s

idk m8, why don't we create a world where your argument is objectively false?

what is the point of coming in here and not applying our world's logic to the question.

>implying an orbit isn't a singular direction

> Applying quantum phenomena to macroscopic objects

It's Schrödinger's Cat all over again!

> Portals do not have to comply with the laws of physics

I mean, sure, it could be some miracle bullshit we somehow haven't discovered yet. But even then, the OP literally asks for a non-handwavy explanation.

Hey, retard!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroscopic_quantum_phenomena

This is a red hairy.

In which the cat is placed in a box, and remains dead, or COMES BACK TO LIFE!!!