“Men always say that as the defining compliment, don’t they? She’s a cool girl...

>“Men always say that as the defining compliment, don’t they? She’s a cool girl. Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot. Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl. Men actually think this girl exists. Maybe they’re fooled because so many women are willing to pretend to be this girl. For a long time Cool Girl offended me. I used to see men – friends, coworkers, strangers – giddy over these awful pretender women, and I’d want to sit these men down and calmly say: You are not dating a woman, you are dating a woman who has watched too many movies written by socially awkward men who’d like to believe that this kind of woman exists and might kiss them. I’d want to grab the poor guy by his lapels or messenger bag and say: The bitch doesn’t really love chili dogs that much – no one loves chili dogs that much! And the Cool Girls are even more pathetic: They’re not even pretending to be the woman they want to be, they’re pretending to be the woman a man wants them to be. Oh, and if you’re not a Cool Girl, I beg you not to believe that your man doesn’t want the Cool Girl. It may be a slightly different version – maybe he’s a vegetarian, so Cool Girl loves seitan and is great with dogs; or maybe he’s a hipster artist, so Cool Girl is a tattooed, bespectacled nerd who loves comics. There are variations to the window dressing, but believe me, he wants Cool Girl, who is basically the girl who likes every fucking thing he likes and doesn’t ever complain. (How do you know you’re not Cool Girl? Because he says things like: “I like strong women.” If he says that to you, he will at some point fuck someone else. Because “I like strong women” is code for “I hate strong women.”)”
Is this supposed Cool Girl phenomenon real?

What state of feces is this shit.

The hot crime fiction novel of the decade, of course!

>he wants Cool Girl, who is basically the girl who likes every fucking thing he likes and doesn’t ever complain

A novel thought.

Don't want to burst her bubble but every time I have heard a guy call a girl 'cool', he meant she was an easy slut but it wasn't appropriate in that environment to say that.

It's meant to be the character, who is bitter and cynical and hates men in an over-the-top fashion, not an actual real truth.

>who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang

She sounds like a total chode

I read this entire thing, it was really bad, don't read it, just watch the Fincher flick (it's way better)

wtf, I hate men now!

I dated a "cool girl" once, she was a complete manchild.

I've seen the movie, so I have an idea of the character. Though the main criticism for it was that the entire build up lead up to a not-so-novel idea which could've been cut down. The author doesn't really write it in a grabbing way either.

memen are such fucking plebs, holy shit
I wish I was a lesbian so I wouldn't have to deal with their absurd expectations

>Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot
it literally doesn't.

weren't female writers supposed to 'get' men?

if I were a young large titted asian girl I'd be a Cool girl

Sounds like a girl whose company I would not enjoy. I can only speak for myself, though.

Oh man, now that I think about it, me too.

Fuck, if I were just a big-titted girl in general, I'd be as Cool as possible, then deny men sex at the last possible minute. I'd leave a carrion mound of blue balls in my wake, merrily skipping away from any act of consequence in a relationship.

No, you can speak for a lot of people.
"Cool girl"s are the just attractive manchildren with a vagina in place of a penis.

this is true
guys want cool girls the same way that women want male feminists

>no one loves chili dogs that much!

Sonic the Hedgehog is spinning in his grave

dang, fincher really improved on that monologue

>How to get raped 101

lol

Sonic's dead?

I'm guessing none of us actually read this book and just saw the movie.

Long ago I decided to stop looking for the Cool girl,and be happy with a Tolerable one. Found one,but she ain't perfect.

Which is a good thing,because neither am I.

You say that as if women didn't feel lust too. Sooner or later you'd find you couldn't resist fucking.

>directing this much pent up fury at the concept of gender

How long do you think her neckbeard is? She could probably get a job in a sideshow

It's not even extreme in any regard, it's literally just the Hopsin approach to gender crit. Wow, you figured out that heterosexuality has a dynamic based around appeasement and posturing. Congrats to you.

I'd also have a rape fetish

It's extremely silly and poorly written. Not all heterosexual relationships employ this dynamic, while many non-heterosexual sexual relationships do involve people who posture and appease, treating their significant other as they would a stubborn ass.

Do you go to comedy shows to the end of pointing out the logical faults in jokes? Or are you merely humorless? Would you like me to twirl your cape in deference?

Obviously that dynamic is not innate. I was just pointing out the way that author trying to out that in exists in certain capacities isn't a redpill in any case at all.

Also a lot of people like the author make the mistake of thinking that solely describing actions occurring within the dynamic as being innately a critique of it (mostly due to the normie-propogated misnomer of fake-feminism being 'objective').

dumb animeposter

I love how you guys disagree about the way you agree.

These pages should be covered in a big watermark saying "THIS IS WHAT WOMEN ACTUALLY BELIEVE".

Guys don't actually think a 'cool girl' does this.

we didn't though, he was implying that gender crit was useless, i was implying that her's was useless

>I was just pointing out the way that author trying to out that in exists in certain capacities isn't a redpill in any case at all.
What the fuck? What kind of half-baked, inbred, proto-Foucaltesque mongoloid are you? Does your ability to use english language grammar pour out your ears every time you speak? The point: what the fuck is that post even about? You're saying that criticizing the actions within a situation is not the same thing as criticizing the situation itself? No shit, they're different things, this argument is completely trivial.

Right? I feel like I've OD'ed on anti-psychotics

No, I didn't imply that at all. You inferred it because you are a L I T E R A L mongoloid. I was implying that her criticism, not all criticism, was, indeed, useless, hence my specific reference to HER neckbeard.

We agree, you seem to be too angry or stupid to see it

stfu stupid fucking faggot shit

>Is this supposed Cool Girl phenomenon real?
The belief by a lot of women that interesting women are doing this is common. It doesn't kick in for men until they're about 30.

It's basically people who know themselves to be lacking, who haven't lived up to the moral image of themselves they had as a youth, stop believing anyone else could really be doing that thing just because they want to. It's old news.

Russo and Ellsberg were on trial for publishing the Pentagon Papers, a psychiatrist advised their defense not to allow too many people over thirty because by that stage they would be so likely to have compromised themselves that they would never believe two young men with their whole lives ahead of them would have put all that and more at risk just for the principle of an informed public.

Flynn's character doesn't like hot-dogs so she assumes any girl who does is just in it to get her freak on, and not that chili dogs are fucking awesome. You'll see a lot of "smart" women who are very worried about these girls because these girls having genuine interests is a threat to their "smartness" which is largely based on having tits and not drooling at the same time. I've seen lots of such women quote this passage about other women, and usually it's because they're aging out of the market and not being called smart for tying their shoes any more.

>you can't act a certain way or like certain things because I say so and also I have a vagina which validates my opinions! Despite my ranting, I'm not bitter or angry about anything! I'm just reasonable and justified!
OK

>Is this supposed Cool Girl phenomenon real?
No.

Also, the opinion of a first-person character isn't necessarily the opinion of the author.

Where have you been the last two decades in gaming?

It's only male writers who don't get women, not the other way around, you shitlord!

Manchildren is such a passive aggressive snarky word and I've only ever seen it used by people whose company I would not enjoy at all

cute

>Abloo Bloo bloo

manchild

>“I like strong women.” If he says that to you, he will at some point fuck someone else. Because “I like strong women” is code for “I hate strong women.”)”
Reminder that owmen cheat more than men (because they get bored more easily and they have more access to the stuff)

This. I don't get why everybody's being autismo about this shit.

It's funny watching this whole gender shitshow progress

The harder women play at being "strong" the more obviously unhappy they appear in traditional relationships. And so they try even harder to be "strong"

You guys are making yourselves miserable over something that has been and can be so simple

lmao. Judging a book by a paragraph.

I guy I met once told me he likes "alternative girls" because he thought they won't judge him. So, maybe there is some truth in it.

Checked.

And it's curious how the harder they try to be strong and the more feminism is spread, the more predominant fetishes such as BDSM, daddy roleplay, being dominated and so on are getting mainstream.

Not everyone wants simplicity out of life. Some want achievement.

I liked the book.
Similar ones?

I thought women who acted like that were being themselves while more traditionally feminine ones were succumbing to societal pressures? Either way, it's always other women doing the criticising. Sad!

I understood this as a delusion of the character but it also felt incredibly self-inserting from Flynn.

Not that guy, but Gone Girl is fucking awful. I'd almost rather read John Green

Plenty of women want achievement handed to them, which is fundamentally impossible as it's a contradiction in terms.

The funniest thing ever is realizing that feminism is literally women demanding more privileges from men with zero awareness of how this only reinforces their position as wards of men.

Who wants a traditional relationship?

>wanting a woman who has the same interests as you and doesn't bitch and whine all the time is bad

Also i don't want women(or men) farting or burping or being slobbish in front of me, it's just not proper.

Now that polygamy has become shoehorned trendy propaganda, a lot more people are starting to become more outspoken about monogamy, the concept of a soulmate is starting to die out, which sucks.

I certainly do. Once you have enough casual sex and contrast to longer relationships. Unless you mean having both, which is a near myth.

>unfalsifiable meme concepts are starting die out

good riddance

Female authors are a joke.

>>Now that polygamy has become shoehorned trendy propaganda,
women are naturally flighty and men cannot stand this

*women are naturally flighty and untermensch cannot stand this
ftfy

Men who live for themselves let women fly as they please. As selfish women let men who fly.

seems pretty cool.

that bit about russo and ellsberg is really interesting

thats true
but people on Veeky Forums dont want to hear it

Lol

Cool Girl with caps is meant to refer to an archetype that the character is laying out. It's dismal writing but not for that reason.

Why do women have to be so vapid and ephemeral bros? I just want a modest, kind hearted qt

Who doesn't desu

This actually quite bad
I bet fincher's movie is better than the actual book

That's pretty much his thing anyway.

Lol, I actually just finished reading this book. It's starts ok but gets worse and is generally too long. tldr: men are pigs, bitches be crazy

A girl from a Judd Apatow movie, no thanks