Found this aluminum dutch oven at my local goodwill outlet for a couple bucks. Thoughts on aluminum dutch ovens...

Found this aluminum dutch oven at my local goodwill outlet for a couple bucks. Thoughts on aluminum dutch ovens? Ive never used them before, only cast iron.

Other urls found in this thread:

wag-society.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably not that great since as far as I know it wont hold heat well

I found that french press to. I'm gonna clean it up and straighten out that.. plunger thing and sell it to a rube.

but it will be in an oven. Does it really need to hold heat?

Their only benefit is that they don't require seasoning.

Iron holds heat much better due to its greater mass, and also soaks up more heat in the oven due to it's black color.

itll still get the job done though, right?

I also got a whirley-pop. I usually airpop but i think ill enjoy this.

What you have found is this, a Wagner Ware Magnalite 8 Qt Cast Aluminum Turkey Roaster. Some of the older stuff is worth over $100 of so. There's even a collectors society for the stuff. wag-society.org/ . It cooks quite well and has a good reputation. If you don't want to keep it, you could sell it $$$.

>Does it really need to hold heat?
Do almonds really need to be activated?

there are plenty of these on ebay that aren't even selling. It seems to be a more common model. Also, I dont have this thing. Is it important?

That'd the equalizer sheet. If you put the dutch oven under heat without it the sides could collapse, but you can probably just line the thing with some forks or something and it'll be fine.

Enjoy your Alzheimer's

It's probably so your bird doesn't sit on the bottom of the pan and burn through conduction heat.

My mom has one of those, cooks turkey and roasts in it.

This. You should avoid aluminium cookware.

Then you should avoid eating food from ANY restaurant.

Enjoy your dick, faggot

That there is a Magnalite™ pot if I ever saw one.
Great for making rice and gravy and any manner of stews. You can pretty much cook anything from roux to thin soups in those things and the quality holds up over the years.
Hold onto that OP, one of those can feed two generations of families

I grew up watching my mom cook with this exact dutch oven, and I learned using it too.
We mostly used it for large portions of stewed chicken or beef that we'd cook with a brown gravy and serve with rice, gumbo, etouffet, couvillon. Basically anything you want to cook for 2 - 3 hours at a time or more for a while.
I'd recommend. Mom passed it down to me when I moved out and I still use it to this day.

only 2?

Yes

if you want altzeimers theyre great

No. Sorry for not specifying the potential lasting power of this fine piece of cook-ware relative to children and other spawn that you probably wont have you doughy fuck.