Why do people say white people don't like spicy food when this exists

Why do people say white people don't like spicy food when this exists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uC7pTCjp0R4
independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-way-we-used-to-eat-the-tudor-kitchen-978348.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're discussing a general trend, not making a 100% statement. There are exceptions to everything.

Colman's is awesome, BTW. Though I've never seen the jar look like that. Pic related is what I buy.

I just googled it because they sell hot english mustard in Australia but Colmans isn't that common.

Also when I used to work in a supermarket they gave us free BBQ chicken and I had Tabasco in my locker and was putting it on mine. Some Indian guy asked to try it and said it was too hot. I thought those cunts loved chilis

Great mustard.

Depending on your definition of 'white,' I'm either 100%, 75% or 50% white.
Despite 50% alpine background, I fucking hate strong mustard and, especially, horseradish. Can't take it. However, chilli and I get down.
One side of the family love their mustard and horseradish and the other love spices and chilli. I've taken more after that latter side, I guess.

You're either white or you're not. There's no gray area.

People like making sweeping generalizations a stiring up arguments because it makes them feel better about themselves. That's why a lot of white people get riled up by those comments and start making generalizations in return, to try and save face. Really we should just ignore it until they go away, and in the mean time just enjoy our food. Or food from other cultures, because your skin color doesn't define what you can and cannot eat.

I like both mustard is way different kind of hot it goes up your nasal passage, chillies burn your tongue or lips

Am I white if I actually do like spicy food?
Video is my latest hot sauce review
youtu.be/uC7pTCjp0R4

>eating plain hot sauce
yeah no you are just a retard

Stop with the insecurities ,its just retarded twitter niggers picking at whites so they can justify their utter pathetic failure of a race. Dont fall into the game and take them seriously

I like hot food, but hothead "culture" is just pure cancer

>all europeans are white
Not Italians or Maltese, according to some. That's why I said 'depending on your definition.'

yikes bro i understand if you're upset because you just burned your tongue on some mayonnaise but keep it to yourself

I don't take it seriously i'm just asking why they don't see that white people have been eating spicy/hot foods for centuries and the only reason they didn't before is they had no access to them

The reason why many southern Europeans aren't white is because they were formerly highly multicultural Empires which lead to a lot of race mixing; i.e. near east integration in Greece and North African integration in Italian and Iberian peninsulas.
Genes don't lie though, and genetically pure Europeans are white.

Exactly. I have a big, non-European schnozola so mustard and horseradish have a lot of room in there to cause me discomfort. Chillies aren't much a problem, though.
My half brother from mum's first marriage loves mustard and hates chilli. His dad's a Dane. Mine is half Italian, half Sandnigger.
Funny thing, tho, he's lactose intolerant and I'm not, even though my dad is. Genetics is weird sometimes.

>1.8% Eastern European

You have to go back.

>i'm just asking why they don't see that white people have been eating spicy/hot foods for centuries

We do see that. It's just not relevant because the majority of "white people" and traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice. Exceptions do not invalidate a trend.

And it makes perfect sense historically. White people tended to be from northern Europe with a short growing season. Hot peppers and spices just weren't available there. That's why traditional Scandinavian, German, French, etc, cusine tends to be mild. You don't encounter hot peppers or lots of spices until you get to brown or black people territory in the tropics.

It's just a general historical trend, but for some reason some people take offense and get their panties in a twist about it.

What about Hungarians and Finns?

>white boi thinks we're a failure of a race
Stay mad. We're breeding your women and taking all your cities, and all you can do is moan on Veeky Forums. And you know what? you let it all happen.

yeah but do non Europeans think traditional euro food taste good?. I'm 100% anglo and I like it. Also like spicy food, only thing i'm not keen on is overly sweet things

Hungary was invaded many times by Asians, so the indigenous people of the region, sure. It's not much different than the situation in Romania. As for Finland, the Sami are definitely white, however during the Migration Period there was a lot of Asiatic migration from indigenous Slavs who were not white.

>yeah but do non Europeans think traditional euro food taste good?

I would think so. For example, there are tons of very highly rated French and Italian restaurants in Japan.

>traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice

European countries put a huge amount of effort into conquering and then fighting over various SE Asian, African & Caribbean lands precisely because they valued spices so highly. In fact it's the driving force that ultimately ends up with your great-great grandpappy standing in a cotton field.

>nice quads
yeah I thought so but I never know if they are just going for status since lots of that stuff is because it is seen as high class. Do they like Sunday roast?

Sure, but those spices were as valuable as gold. Sometimes moreso. That was the domain of the rich elite, not the common man. It doesn't mean squat if the 1% had imported spices when the 99% did not.*

I'm not even sure why we're arguing about this. Look at any classic French, German, British, etc, cookbook. Those traditional dishes we associate with those countries are all very mild compared to the cuisine of tropical regions.

*And in many places in europe this problem continued until very recent history. I remember talking to my grandmother in Denmark a few years ago. She would make special cookies and such for Christmas, and even as late as the 1970's it was fantastically expensive to buy things like nutmeg or cinnamon there, whereas nowadays it's easily available at any supermarket.

>Sure, but those spices were as valuable as gold.

Some where, but not all of them. It's a myth that the common classes couldn't afford spice. They could, and they did purchase them.

>I'm not even sure why we're arguing about this

Because you're perpetuating a common myth. Your definition of "traditional" appears to be "anything without any spices or seasoning in it", which is a handy position for you to take but clearly rubbish.

yeah but no they have access to those ingredients they get used. So it's not a case of whitey doesn't like spicy it's whitey didn't have easy access. Just like why africans didn't build sky scrapers until western engineers helped them build them

>Because you're perpetuating a common myth.

How is it a myth at all when the facts are perfectly clear in any classic cookbook from those regions? Look at Mrs. Beeton's in England, or Escoffier from France. That's night-and-day compared to tropical cuisine. End of debate.

You seem to be taking this as some kind of personal insult or attack. I wonder why? It's not "bad" or insulting, it's simply a historical trend based on fucking climate. Hot peppers and spices simply didn't grow in northern Europe so their cuisine naturally lacks those things. That's not good or bad, it's not something you should take personal offense to, it's just a historical fact.

>>So it's not a case of whitey doesn't like spicy it's whitey didn't have easy access.
Correct. But those are pretty similar. If you grew up eating spicy cuisine because you had limited access then of course it could be overpowering when you are introduced to it.

>>Just like why africans didn't build sky scrapers until western engineers helped them build them
Yep. And the food thing is no different. Now whitey does have access to spicy food from tropical regions, and it's really popular.

I'm not sure how that invalidates the historical trend of classic dishes from white countries tending to lack spice though.

>If I pick cookbooks from a period when people didn't use many spices, I win!

Good work user.

>You seem to be taking this as some kind of personal insult or attack

Calm yourself negron. I just hate people talking bollocks.

the worst thing about it is people putting pineapple on pizza

The "white people bland food lmao" meme was unironically started by sjws with the intend of teaching empathy through negative stereotypes. Like "wow, that's hurtful, better not say bad things aboit other races!".

>>If I pick cookbooks from a period when people didn't use many spices, I win!

I'm happy to stand corrected. Can you point me to some cookbooks from those countries which did call for a lot of spices? I'd honestly love to see them.

>>Calm yourself negron. I just hate people talking bollocks.
Fair enough, the burden of proof is on you now. Provide classic recipes from those regions which did use a lot of spice and weren't the domain of the rich elite.

independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-way-we-used-to-eat-the-tudor-kitchen-978348.html

(In b4 "Herp derp Hampton Court Palace": of course the sources these days will be places like stately homes)

Note things such as
>Equally, we 21st century types have forgotten other fantastic ingredients, says Meltonville. "When chillies came over from the Americas, they virtually killed off the more subtle peppers that we'd been using for hundreds of years – for instance, the north African "Grain of Paradise", the Javanese "cubeb", and the long pepper, which looks like a little catkin. These three, ground and combined with ordinary black pepper, can give you a fantastic range of flavours.

Things like ginger were popular (Gingerbread is a Tudor invention), mace & cloves were readily available (and gave us the flavours we now find in modern dishes like fruitcake & christmas pudding, and peppers were a thing.

It's nowhere near as bleak as people like to pretend.

>It's nowhere near as bleak as people like to pretend.
Nobody is pretending it is or was bleak. We're just saying it was mild relative to tropical cuisine.

>>mace & cloves were readily available
Yeah, those are pretty much the only spices mentioned in Mrs. Beeton's, except for the ever-present mushroom ketchup and harvey's sauce. And you'll see the quantities they were used in were staggeringly small. I'm looking at a recipe right now that is supposed to serve 12 people and the only spices are a half-spoonful of salt and 4 pounded blades of mace. That's roughly a teaspoon's worth.

I'm going to read that link now and then get back to you.

>We're

You'r

>just saying it was mild relative to tropical cuisine.

a) "tropical cuisine" came 2 centuries later.
b) That wasn't your argument

>traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice
>Hot peppers and spices just weren't available there.

Both statements are wrong.

OK, just got done reading the recipe.

None of those dishes mentioned contain anything "hot" or "spicy".

They did have some spices from foreign lands, but that is in the context of meals for people in the king's palace. The article then states that the average peasant ate things from their garden and were too poor to eat a chicken. If they were too poor to afford to eat a chicken, then how could they afford foreign spices? And a British peasant garden sure as fuck wouldn't contain spices--the growing season was too short for them (which is why they had to be imported from thousands of miles away).

I'd say that article supports my claim more than it supports yours.

>None of those dishes mentioned contain anything "hot" or "spicy".

Ginger, clove, mace, cinnamon and saffron are all spices.

The article explicitly mentions peppers; both "traditional" and "new".

>And a British peasant garden sure as fuck wouldn't contain spices

Mustard is also a spice.

>I'd say that article supports my claim more than it supports yours.

Yes, you would, because you're wrong and desperate to be right.

they just grind mustard, I don't see where the brand loyalty comes from

the heat from capsaicin is not the same as the heat from mustard.
The heat from mustard dissipates in seconds.
Have fun washing your tongue out with milk after licking a ghost pepper.

>>traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice

Prove me wrong then. Name a traditional dish from northern europe that does use a lot of spice. Name a definitive cookbook from Northern Europe which contains recipes calling for a lot of spice.

>>Hot peppers and spices just weren't available there.
Sure, if you were a rich person, you could get them. But that's not relevant for a discussion of cuisine in general. What a rich man ate has little bearing on a country's cuisine as a whole.

>>a) "tropical cuisine" came 2 centuries later.
Utter bullshit. You're telling me that people that lived in countries where hot peppers and spices grew locally didn't eat them?

>>b) That wasn't your argument
Sure it was. I'll repeat my argument again in case it got misunderstood:

Traditional dishes from "white" countries in Northern Europe are relatively lacking in spice compared to those from tropical regions. This derives from climate. Northern Europe has a short growing season so spices weren't readily avilable there, whereas the longer growing season of countries near the tropics made those things available. Since every cuisine is based on what's locally available it makes sense that areas without lots of spices had a cuisine that was relatively light on them whereas cuisines from areas that did have easy access to them used them in their food.

this is obvious by comparing traditional recipes from Europe with Tropical areas:
British meat pies, puddings, and roasts. French sauces. German sausages. Those are all very mild compared to Indian and southeast asian curries and stir-fries, African stews and meat dishes, Central American chili pastes, and so on.

>Ginger, clove, mace, cinnamon and saffron are all spices.

Yes, but they are mild in flavor. That's obviously not what people mean when they discuss "spicy food".

I know the difference but mustard is still hot

yeah but they say white people like bland food, would you say foods spiced with those things are bland?

I've tried a bunch of different brands of mustard. Most of them are terribly mild.

Colman's is one of the few that has a nice strong flavor to it.

It irritates your nasal pasages it's not really hot more pungent and stinging to your eyes and nostrils.

Chili will fucking activate your pain receptors for days.

chillies do the same shit just to different parts of your palate

>Yes, you would, because you're wrong and desperate to be right.

How can you say that when your very own source says that poor people (which are the majority of the population at that time) ate foods from their own garden and couldn't even afford to eat chicken?

That one section makes it abundantly clear that the traditional cuisine wasn't spicy.

I think you are taking personal offense to this and are desperate to disprove it. Why? It's not an attack or insult, just just observation of fact.

I wish that board tourists would stop making threads about identity politics.

not even close.
Capsaicin is about 3 times as potent and has 1/3rd the LD50 of the active ingredient of mustard.
You can rub mustard on your skin all day and feel nothing. You shit fire after eating chili.
Try rubbing some chili peppers into your ball and feel the burn.

Personally I'm enjoying watching the two nerds argue about historic recipes.

I take it you jerk off of your trans girlfriend with you left hand while you fuck "her" boipussy

what is mustard gas

Not related to mustard at all

That's pretty sad user, you need a hobby.

>only Real co/ck/s like me can shitpost :)

f a g g o t

okay

>Prove me wrong then

I have. I have literally given you recipes that use a lot of spice. You have even read them.

>Sure it wasn't. I'll change my argument in case it got recked:

I literally quoted your own post back at you. That was your argument. You made two definitive statements, both incorrect. Do you normally deny having said things that you wrote moments ago?
Are you Donald Trump?

>People don't mean spices when they say spice

Okay. I can't help you here if you don't have a basic grasp of English.

>I think you are taking personal offense
>just just observation of fact.

There you go again. I am simply allergic to bullshit.

>I have. I have literally given you recipes that use a lot of spice. You have even read them.
I did read them. Those dishes, while they might happen to contain spices, don't seem spiCY at all.

Christmas cookies contain ginger, nutmeg, and mace. So they certainly have spices in their ingredient list. But I don't think anyone would call them "spicy" in normal conversation.

What do people commonly refer to as "spicy food" in normal conversation? Curry. Chili. Mapo Tofu. Mexican Salsa. Piri Piri chicken. Foods that set your mouth on fire and burn out your anus when you use the restroom. Do you not see the distinction between the two?

>tfw fell for the dijon meme

Who eats this garbage? Tastes like shit. As far as spicy mustards go, normal mustard with horseradish is a dozen times better.

>contain spices
>don't seem spiCY

You seem to be misusing the word "spicy" as a synonym for "hot". I can't help you here if that's the case.

>What do people commonly refer to as "spicy food" in normal conversation? Curry. Chili. Mapo Tofu. Mexican Salsa. Piri Piri chicken.

Normal people refer to those as "hot".

>Do you not see the distinction between the two?

Ironically said by somebody who doesn't understand how "spice" and "spicy" relate to each other and doesn't understand the distinction between "spicy" and "hot".

>>People don't mean spices when they say spice
woah got a real aspie here

normal people use the word spicy to refer to food that is very intensely flavored usually hot/burning

just because a food has a spice in it doesnt make it spicy it depends on how much and what spice

I'm saving that gif for later usage, keep your eye out for it :)

>You seem to be misusing the word "spicy" as a synonym for "hot"

Yes user, that's what normal people do.

Nobody says "wow, this French-style roast chicken sure was spicy" even though it's loaded with herbs and spices.

How many nanoseconds do you spend in the real world and not in Mommie's basement?

>normal people

I think you're confusing the word "normal" as a synonym for "people who speak American English". Sorry, but it's incorrect and it's sad & wrong to suggest that food that contains spices is not "spicy" because it's not 50% capsaicin.

That usage is just an extension of the "WOOO HOTSAUCE!" dumbfuckery that already infests this place. Spicy food doesn't have to be hot (but mustard is hot, and a spice)

>How many nanoseconds do you spend in the real world

Long enough to learn English, apparently.

goat mustard

My family is half British. I've lived there for years.

My friends and family there would refer to a hot curry as "spicy" but they sure as fuck never used the term for anything that wasn't "hot". My grandmother used to make her own sausages. They contained loads of spices but nobody ever described them as "spicy". That term was reserved for things that were hot, like the aforementioned curry, or a chinese takeaway.

>>Sorry, but it's incorrect
It is. But news at 11: the way people speak isn't always 100% correct to the dictionary.

>People don't mean spices when they say spice
>Okay. I can't help you here if you don't have a basic grasp of English.
How's life on the spectrum, buddy? Its incredibly common to refer to piquant food as "spicy", and you'll find that definition in most dictionaries.

hey buddy, you are a faggot just so you know

So despite the silly argument over "spicy" and "hot", let's just go back and check what the original argument was:

>the majority of "white people" and traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice.

Note that the word used is "spice" or "spices" and not "spicy".

Both statements are incorrect.

OP said "spicy" and was clearly referring to the heat of mustard.

>OP said "spicy"

If I was replying to the OP you might have a point, but I was replying to who said "spice" and "spices".

>Both statements are incorrect.

I'm bored, so I will translate normal person talk into sperg for you. Perhaps that will clarify things:

>>The majority of traditional white cuisine doesn't involve very much flavor that would be described as hot or pungent.

>>Hot peppers and pungent spices were expensive imported commodities in white countries and therefore were only available to the rich few. The average person had no appreciable access to these and therefore they were not used to any significant degree in the traditional cuisine of white countries. As a result the resulting cuisine lacked strong heat and pungency"

>>this is in contrast to tropical regions where the climate allowed hot peppers and pungent spices to grow. In these areas spices were not an expensive import and therefore were widely used even in peasant cuisine. As a result, traditioanal cuisine in tropical areas is often hot and pungent".

Is that better, sperglord?

>My inability to use words correctly is your problem.

If you meant "spicy" (even if I accept that "spicy" should mean "hot") then say "spicy". Do not say

>the majority of "white people" and traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spice.

Which are both incorrect.

Your sad post and name-calling is just a pathetic defence of your incorrect post and the fact that you got called on being incorrect, and then you've tried to move the goal posts and failed there, too.

Now as you're bored, why don't you find another thread and go away? Nobody will ever know how wrong you were on an anonymous Haitian Bus Forum .

Your inability to read past the dictionary and see how normal people use language in their everyday lives literally *is* a problem you are facing.

You can't fight the tide user, even if you are literally correct. You can wave the dictionary around all you want, people will just laugh at you. Expecting people to use language literally correct all the time is futile. You should figure this out before your head pops from a spergstroke.

Protip: When people say something is "bad ass" they are not talking about an ill-behaved donkey.

>Your inability to read past the dictionary and see how normal people use language

Words have meaning. Even in the context of the sentence, you can't just replace "spice" with "spicey" and it make any sense. Watch

>the majority of "white people" and traditional white cuisine doesn't involve a lot of spicey.

If the poster meant "spicey", he didn't say it. At all. Watch me fix his ill-formed and incorrect sentence so it has the meaning everybody else claims it should have:

>the majority of "white people" and traditional white cuisine is not spicey.

Fuck that was difficult, wasn't it?

Again: communicating badly and then acting smug about it just makes you smug, and wrong.

>just makes you smug, and wrong.

I freely admit to acting smug, and also using words in a manner that isn't dictionary correct. Guilty as charged.

Yet that has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that any normal person knows damn well what I meant, and what I meant was entirely accurate.

I think there's a few people who just misused the word "less" on this board when they really should have written "fewer". Go correct them and see where that gets you.

First world countries with white people can easily import spices now you moron. British people aren't still sucking on limes are they? Times are different. There's no reason to not become acclimated to spice now.

> There's no reason to not become acclimated to spicy now.

ftfy

>First world countries with white people can easily import spices now you moron

Absolutely. But nobody is talking about what people eat here and now.

We're talking about the classic, traditional, foods associated with different races/countries.

>>There's no reason to not become acclimated to spice now.

Agreed, but irrelevant to the discussion. We're talking about a generalization based on history, not the present day.

Where did this trend of "white people don't like spicy food" even come from? From my experience, it's usually white boys who like ordering hot wings and putting sriracha on everything.

Sriracha's no big deal.

As an actual honky, I can only have pizza when I make it myself because most are too spicy for me.

Niggers will be niggers. Facebook just gave their autism a face with memes.