Lol i love Dionysus hes so cool XDD

>lol i love Dionysus hes so cool XDD
>BUT ALCOHOL IS FOR IDIOTS STRAIGHTEDGE 4 LYFE

What the fuck was his deal?

Schizophrenia.

He was too sick and weak for alcohol, his body would have rejected it.

However without the opiates he took he never would have been pain free enough to write.

He wanted to find a balance between the Dionysian and the Apollonian

Was the guy not a little bitch about everything?

>learn greek
>view greek drama as the highest form of art
>call their philosophies retarded despite similarities to your own

>study schopenhauer
>he resonates so much that he is almost practically a father figure
>dedicate your life to avoiding his philosophy

Well the guy probably found it but he had to acquire split personalities to do it.

>BUT ALCOHOL IS FOR IDIOTS STRAIGHTEDGE 4 LYFE
>What the fuck was his deal?
When it is said Nietszche really liked his fruit, do you think they meant unfermented?

He literally said that alcohol and christianism were corrupting the youth in Germany. Look it up.
"The alcoholic intoxication of Europe" too.

Buuuut he did opium

Absolutely you retarded tripfag, Nietzsche despised alcohol and wrote multiple times about how no free spirit has any business putting a drop of alcohol on his tongue because alcohol was liquefied Christianity and slave morality.

In the Schopenhauer part you went full retard. You dont know what a philosopher is. Rejecting your master's doctrine is usually crucial to form your own identity as a philosopher. Dont want to live under his

This. Aristotle rejected Plato, Avicenna rejected Aristotle, Descartes rejected all prior philosophers, Kant rejected Hume, Schopenhauer rejected Buddha, Heidegger rejected Husserl, and Wittgenstein rejected Russell. It's not universal, but the greatest philosophers tend to be responding to the brilliant errors of their forebears.

>view greek drama as the highest form of art
>calls Shakespeare as being better
>I don't know what I'm talking about

>study schopenhauer
>he resonates so much that he is almost practically a father figure
>dedicate your life to avoiding his philosophy
"Avoiding" is a terrible word. Disagreeing would be the non-retarded way of putting it. Also
>I don't know what I'm talking about.

So the next great philosopher is going to reject Nietzsche (by design?) or will he improve upon as requested directly?

t. Harold Bloom

tell me more about the anxiety of influence

>Wittgenstein rejected Russel
It's more along the lines of 'Wittgenstein rejected himself' but k.

What's the use of philosophy then? To set yourself apart from all other philosophers? Or are they moving closer and closer to something by improving on one another? Many of those listed didn't advance the work of the previous figure but rejected it to take philosophy in a completely different direction. What's are you suggesting is their endgame by that logic? Style? Individuality?

As you all know, Dionysus was also the god of misrule, unreason, ecstatic revelry, the instinctual baseness of man, etc.

As for your second implication, he was autistic. What do you expect?

didn't freddy-kun write nostalgically about going on drunken midnight study binges when he was a young student

He was implying that people like Socrate had taken away the mysticism and rigorous music etc etc, taken away what is most human. He is for a synthesis of Dionysus and Apollo, and not purely Dionysus. And there is also a clear difference between music and drugs. why do you spam Veeky Forums for attention, you clearly haven't read him

> let's find a balance
> BAN ALCOHOL 100%

yeah, sure is """"""""""""balanced"""""""""""

Face it, Nietzsche was a bit of an idiot teenager never fully grown up.

> aristotle rejected plato

But that's wrong and you're basing it on one sentence that you were probably taught in philosopher 101. Read Gadamer.

> dude alcohol is like TOO dionysian
> we need a balance ie dionysis needs to be less dionysian

so basically he's inadvertedly proving Socrates right, that, ultimately, everyone is working towards THE GOOD

nietzsche couldn't handle a radical dionysianism, it always had to be pseudo-dionysian, with everyone know that fully well that everyone is just faking it (ie. sober)

nietzsche argued semantics

He realized, quite correctly, that opium, chloral hydrate and pain-delirium from ingesting 5 kilograms of fruit every day was the drug experience of the thinking man.