>mfw currently on page 900 of a collection of essays i intend to self-publish

What's stopping you?

You do realise waiting for an idea is retarded, right? You do realise waiting for that moment, that burst, of pure genius to come is a pipe-dream, correct?

Just write, idiot!

Just write!

Post a sample.

no one will read you

But I dont know what to write about
That idea or "burst" usually comes at night, so I dont sweat it

lol, that's what you think, brainlet.

You won't get a taste! I'll be immortalised through history and you will be forgotten!

Writer's block is bullshit. I've been writing for close to a decade now, and have not the faintest notion of the thing; it's merely a euphemism for slaves who want to make a living out of scribbling because they are too lazy to do anything else. If a writer has something to say, it comes out by itself, if he doesn't, then what's the point in WANTING to write? — Money, of course

you can't release it all at once OP you have to draw people in

Good point but I want to release it all in one collection as publishing essays incrementally without improved quality will only lead people to think I'm a brainlet

By publishing it all at once in a given year, I can later reject them

>making money by writing

What subjects and themes do you write about? What keeps the whole collection together?

this op

Leaving printed copies of your weird poetry and rambling essays lying around on park benches and Barnes and Nobles bargain bins is not self publishing.

This was the last bait for today.

Goodnight Anons, see you tomorrow.

Seriously: is leaving printed copies around really a bad idea? If so, why?

You might be on to something here, OP. In fact, why even self-publish when you could put it on your own Web site? Bam, instant exposure to everyone on the internet.

You could call it an "e-journal" or "Web-log" or something. Maybe it would catch on. If only I'd thought of it first.

People don't often value what they get for nothing.

Sorry, can't.

I write about everything, there is nothing that keeps it together, I will have to decide how to organise them all. I will probably arrange them by subject.

you sound really unqualified for this project

Only 900? That's adorable.

kek

you are a fucking weirdo gas-kun.

All those pages full of stream of conciousness rambling written by some legitemately retarded numale. Too bad no one will ever give a shit about it or you for that matter.

Just imagine, one day after you kill yourself, your mom will throw that all out, and it will truly be for the benefit of humanity.

Please timestamp Gaskun. Gassy bum.
BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Someone said you killed yourself. I wish they were right.

Too late. Shits already moving to market. New book out next week. Made Reddit front page twice week before last, started getting fan mail, and have interview with a lit website this week. Shits coming up daisies.

I don't believe in qualifications.

>Reddit front page

lol

wow, the self publishing thing is really kicking in for you. You must be making dozens of bucks.

Prove it, cuck!

Daily reminder to always look up the author of a work before reading it.

is there a reason you print everything out? You know we have digital storage, right?

Although it is funny picturing you in your fag boots, sitting cross legged on a dirt gas shack floor, one finger pounding on a typewriter.

Trips demands it.

Don't pump gas anymore. Office manager.

Digital stuff gets lost all the time, brother

Thanks for doing what I wanted.

Now that I have your mobile service, reddit account, location and IP, I'm going to make sure you're never published!!

Those are the original first drafts. No need to print anything else. Individually it doesn't mean much but combined it gives a visual cue of the size of the series

wow, well you sure showed me.

Good luck, I'm behind seven proxies.

Yeah, you're right, much easier to just print out thousands of pages than making a backup file.

Not really it still leaves much to be desired. The trade off is I can finish my work ahead of time and write on the clock

Congrats my man. Some of those Amazon reviews are savage though lmao

I've noticed, over the years of reading your dumb posts, that you don't seem to get sarcasm.

What's up with that?

Last post and I'm gonna probably bail. This was an email from somebody who liked my work. If you're writing, don't stop.

lol

Acknowledging it gives you credence.

Listen, bud. Documents are always being find from hundreds of years ago, on what? On paper. That doesn't apply to harddrives.

>Yahoo Mail
>Android

*rubs hands* the destruction of publishing has been made much easier!

you did acknowledge it though, you replied seriously to what was obviously sarcasm you fucking....

You know what? Congrats on your fan. Uh...enjoy the steak dinner you'll buy with the profits, and uh....keep embarrassing yourself for our sakes. K?

well...no, they used parchment back then, because paper actually does degrade very quickly.

Thanks guy! I don't post much anymore. Too much shit/memeposting and I'm too busy writing. What do you do with your time?

*smacks lips* well i guess all those WWII documents they keep finding must be worthless!

Still haven't address harddrives or bit degeneration btw

>page 900 of a collection of essays i intend to self-publish

you idiot

How come?

ww2 is hundreds of years old huh?

you also haven't addressED paper biodegrading.

Hey man....

You ever think about writing about whatever fucked you up?

Like, whatever that thing you're running from, that damaged right down to your gay ass soul and turned you into such a weirdo? You ever think about writing about that? There's an off-chance that would be interesting.

Don't need to, account breaches, hacks, server failures and harddrive failures are far more common and likely to happen than biodegrading.

I like the word "weird". People use the word weird because something has taken place they can't define by conventional terms, tropes, or terms of convenience. If you'd been with me during the whole crazy trip it would seem boring but to an outsider it seems "weird". I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what you're looking for or what response you're attempting to extract. I could write the piece you're suggesting but no one would believe it. It's too alien. Between the abusive father, the military deployment overseas, the drugs, the sex, the music and the drinking, I don't think anyone would be interesting enough to regard it as anything other than deplorable.
Do you really need a memoir of LSD, goth clubs and jobs in industrial parks surrounded by rednecks? I doubt it.

>Between the abusive father, the military deployment overseas, the drugs, the sex, the music and the drinking, I don't think anyone would be interesting enough to regard it as anything other than deplorable.

Yeah....best write really shitty, cooky cutter sci-fi then. Way more interesting than any of that.

You haven't read my stuff, let alone the entire work. You should buy a copy or I could send you some if you like.

Wait, so this person is sharing on reddit simply that someone said good work about a book they hadn't even read, and over 4000 have officially liked this... could you even call it an event?

I mean, what the fuck is going on in this world?

It's something of an accomplishment to finish a project. I haven't read Gaskun's books tho so I can't say whether there's any merit to his writing.

fine you seem unfit for this undertaking

>to an outsider it seems "weird"
>it's too alien
>that cliché description of the life of a suicidal homosexual failure

Holy shit that edge. I know you already considered suicide and people already asked you to kys but this is just hilarious. Just write about it and it maybe will be regarded as good contemporary metafiction.

You seem upset

>66:6
Thread confirmed illuminate

Do I? I rather think it's absurd and laughable.