Is Mythbusters Veeky Forums approved? Who was the better host, Adam or Jamie?

Is Mythbusters Veeky Forums approved? Who was the better host, Adam or Jamie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not a white male and I think my IQ just shifted by -7 points.

What has any white male ever contributed to society, anyway? That's right, nothing.

I had no idea Mythbusters was this based.

Kari Byron

wtf blacks or asians are biased, too, even in science
that guy is a bit nuts

What a cunt.

I don't care about any of this Adam stuff one way or another but I always like Jaime more when I would watch the show as sparingly as I did. He always seemed more knowledgeable and to the point.

I love Adam Savage now.

Mythbusters has always done a terrible job representing actual science. A good chunk of their tests could be confirmed or debunked in minutes with high school physics (airplane on a treadmill). Other times, the assumptions made didn't have anything to do with the theory they were testing (rain at an angle). In all cases they misrepresent "two gay guys fucking around" as "this is what all engineers/physicists/chemists do"

You're clearly talking out of your ass.
You're forgetting that physics and chemistry are experimental sciences.
If you're making assumptions, you have to test them in reality, regardless if your calculations give you the result.
Good job looking like a fucking fool.

Grant Imahara

Doing "real" science would be too boring for tv. The whole appeal of the show is instead of explaining the physics of an airplane on a threadmill, they actually fucking do it. I think the show is super based, I was watching it since I was a wee laddy.

>Mythbusters Veeky Forums approved
I remember an episode where the "myth" was that flames from a grease fire can be 30ft high (or something like that). They tried ONCE to create 30ft high flames using grease, got them to go 25ft high, and said that the myth was busted. Not even "plausible," just "busted." That was when I stopped watching the show.

I do remember one cool thing they did, which was firing a tennis ball at 60 mph, backwards, out of the bed of a truck going 60 mph forward. That was actually very cool to watch.

Wasn't it the myth that you're not supposed to pour water on a grease fire? And you sure as fuck are not lol. I thought the fact that they made fuck huge fireball just by pouring water on a grease fire was phenomenal. I basically just watched for the explosions and shit.

>for the explosions
Yeah this was really the point of the show. They occasionally admitted they weren't doing real science. Then they'd just drive out into the desert and blow stuff up.

>Wasn't it the myth that you're not supposed to pour water on a grease fire?
The myth was that pouring a cup of water on a grease fire could produce a "thirty foot fireball."

Much of what they did was pointless. They could have just done the math.

Eventually, they ran out of stuff to do, and began polishing a turd, literally.

youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

What a shit show.

Mythbuster is basically just a show about breaking stuff and hitting things while occasionally using the word "science" to make it seem smarter than it actually is. Sure it's an entertaining show, but that's all it boils down to. Watching Mythbusters is like watching football; they use statistics, numbers, and data but it's usually kept brief and is nowhere near the main focus of the show. There are some interesting episodes, but I think this show belongs more in /tv/ than it does in Veeky Forums.

If you want to watch a show that's more focused on science, rather than just spectacle, then watch something like Nova.

I remember when the show first came out, they did a thing to see if tomato juice worked to remove the smell of skunk after being sprayed.

They couldn't get a real skunk to spray them for some reason so they brought out some "liquid skunk" (I think it was actually synthetic). They rubbed it on, used tomato juice and concluded it doesn't wash off skunk smell.

I could never watch another episode after that. What a fucking retarded thing to do. Assert some sound "scientific" conclusion when you didn't even do experiment correctly.