What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this book?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this book?

it looks nice on my book shelf. sometimes i carry it around without any intention of reading it. people see me as i casually walk by and (probably) think, "that guy must be really smart if he reads all those words."

it sucks dick player

Discounter pine cone. Great to meme pseuds.

Best book for young midwestern law students and other pseuds.

No disernable talent

Tbqh I just walk around with it underneath my left armpit and wear a bandana.

2 hours in, will finish and start writing my own. ONE DAY ILL BECOME PAGE KINO

He can't think, be can't write.

M M Y Y DDDD IIIII A RRRR Y Y DDDD EEEEEEE SSSSSSS U U
MM MM Y Y D D IIIII A A R R Y Y D D EE S U U
M M M M Y Y D D IIIII A A RRRR Y Y D D EEEEEE SSSSSSS U U
M M M Y D D IIII AAAAAA R R Y D D EE S U U
M M Y D D IIII A A R R Y D D EE S U U
M M Y DDDD IIII A A R R Y DDDD EEEEEEE SSSSSSS UUUUUUU

It's actually pretty good, a lot of people make fun of it for no reason, but it's actually very good compared to 99% of literature

name one (1)

the amount of shitposting in this thread makes me want to read it all the more

Shame that over the years it seems like there's been less posters on this board who have actually read it. Back in 2012 when I started lurking there'd be at least like 5 threads on it at any given moment.

Thought it was really great. Currently my favorite book ever

I never liked to wear bandannas before I read this book. I was also never keen on tennis shoes. After reading this I was irresistibly drawn to both.

saved

just watch seinfeld instead desu
any point dfw makes in the book is so painfully obvious and banal you end up sticking in it for the incredibly 1 dimension yet somehow still enjoyable sitcom-esque characters

cycle of meems. community something act retarded something something retards. y'know.

I wish this meant more people read it unironically to fit in, but it seems the opposite has happened

same honestly. i could do without most of the maranthe and ftr parts. enfield and incandenza parts are top.

that's phase two. or three. we're beyond.

maybe use periods instead of spaces next time bud

wait just a FUCKING minute
(spoilers)
Did JOI put his head in a microwave to destroy Infinite Jest V? since it was in there (allegedly)?

i was aware of it before this board, but ill admit part of the reason i read it is because i kept seeing it around on Veeky Forums

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I didn't come out of it converted to DFW's cause. Some parts were straight up corny. But it's an important moment in literature purely for pushing it's boundaries.

It's the Aeroplane Over The Sea of Veeky Forums.

this is the best book to trick your friends into reading

I want to read it this year, maybe in the Summer. If there's a Summer reading thread made I'd like to get involved with it. I'm wanting to read some of the longer novels I own so this, The Idiot and Les Miserables are the big ones I intend to read sometime this year.

No?