Any of you boyz think this dweeb has incredible potential as a literary character...

Any of you boyz think this dweeb has incredible potential as a literary character? I'm not a huge fan of his comedy but somehow I've written and then scrapped like three different drafts of a story centered around a Hyde-like character. It's probably the most difficulty I've ever had writing something. Like he wildly oscillates between being pitiable and repulsive (with some mock-heroics in-between), but he's also the fucking synthesis of 21st century economic disaster, social malaise, and internet-overload: he's a fucking embodiment of neoreaction. It's difficult to describe. Like as a character he's probably most comparable to Underground Man or Mickey Sabbath, but there's some other dark shit with him too. Idk. anyone else feel this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxK1abRYXJo
youtube.com/watch?v=HtRZFGUJnOA
youtube.com/watch?v=SwYrwAxbkmY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sam Hyde is not a human being, well, he probably was one, long time ago, but definitely not anymore. the entity once known as Sam Hyde is what gallic post structuralist sages would call a an hyperreal schizofascist warmachine simulacrum /multimedia happening, a vicious glitch in the current system of spectacular domination. He is not of our world, but an invader from the realm of cybernetics, perhaps demonic in nature.

I don't know, man.

tl;dr

Has anyone read this?

Are you trying to take a character who is Sam Hyde as seen in MDE and move him into other situations or are you trying to do that with the Sam Hyde of facebook posts and HydeWars? Because there are key differences between Sam and the character he plays.

I think Charls is by far more interesting, did you watch the last bombstrap video?

I got the oxford edition, the introduction is great

It has already been done, read Don Quixote

The sheer intensity of his loathing- towards himself and everyone else is what raises his brand above other 'ironic' internet personalities

My story's inspired by the vertical-cam/Hyde-Wars/Facebook/twitter Sam. I feel like there are definitely points where he's caricaturing himself, but it's hard to tell.
Was really tense watching it. Almost horror.

When he did than thing with the coke sound I fucking lost it
I really cant tell if he is legit insane or a insanely good actor

You retards who string words together are so annoying.

I think he replaced the coke sound with audio of him pissing actually. Listen to it again.

>bombstrap video
things like ten fucking minutes long; I'm not watching that shit

tell me what it's of

just his walking around his apartment with lots of surreal audio edits.

b-but it's ironic

>burning white house

Canada's greatest achievement.

I think Sam is funny as fuck and my politics are the complete opposite of his. I do agree that there is great potential for a Hyde-esque character. I love it when authors write a protag who is basically a degenerate and make the whole thing humorous (e.g. Beckett's Molloy). I think you could definitely draw some inspiration from him to this effect although I wouldn't necessarily base the character completely on him.

Of course Sam has potential. Sam is Veeky Forums, and these two videos are basically Veeky Forums:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxK1abRYXJo

youtube.com/watch?v=HtRZFGUJnOA

>not wine party

I'm probably too old for MDE but that second Charls video was hilarious.

>I think Sam is funny as fuck and my politics are the complete opposite of his.

you are too good for this board. keep being a normal person and not a partisan meme person, please. we need more like you these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=SwYrwAxbkmY

The Jhonniey is like something I'd expect from Pynchon or DFW.

Definitely Veeky Forums

I've got the wordsworth version. I have a plastic sleeve for it as well.

If Brett Easton Ellis were to write a story about 2017 America the protagonist would probably bear a very strong resemblance to Sam Hyde.

The opposite of sam is partisan?

*non sorry

There is literally nothing wrong with Hyde's politics

The Jhoynnie is by far his best persona, aside from the "mom is cool" character he did ages ago.

Charles is interesting but I can't look at him the same way after he let that bull dyke do those terrible things to him

What did he mean by this?