Ok, cool, I admire Joyce, the guy was clearly insane talented, probably the most talented writer to ever live, yeah...

Ok, cool, I admire Joyce, the guy was clearly insane talented, probably the most talented writer to ever live, yeah, he is superior to Shakespeare and Cervantes, but I'm just sick of not getting what he is talking about 50% of the time, I already made it to half of Circe it's been quite a ride, but I wouldn't reccomend this book to anyone, is fucking hell, my brain feels legit dusty after reading 50 pages. I just want it to end, I quited my job just to end this fucking book as soon as I can. I just want to go back to read my comfy Stendhal. I will, from now on, hide every Ulysses thread, don't fall for the meme. Dont say I didnt warn you when you end up like me. My pee came out red today ffs.

why do you think he is talented?

Same reason

you'll be back

>stendhal
you're a fucking pleb.

>he doesnt appreciate Stendhal
>calls others pleb
>mfw

oh fuck off loser. my IQ is only 115 and i read ulysses. and i enjoyed it. you have no excuse

The last really great chap. you read was Sirens right, or maybe Nausicaa. You've just come off Oxen after suffering though Cyclops and now you're fackfucked with Circe. And as a reward for that you get the let down Eumaeus.

But then you hit Ithica; then it's like The Telemachiad or Bloom's early episodes again. Then you get the always pleasurable Penelope. Then you can rest easy. Home after your long journey.

Later you'll go back and really start to puzzle over Oxen and Circe. But for now rest easy. Sleep tight. You've done a hero's work.

sorry I meant facefucked not fackfucked, how embarrassing

What's so good about Stendhal?

did he write anything better than Charterhouse of Parma? it was good I guess but not in the same league as Balzac

Is comfy

nothing.

After I hit Ithaca, I started asking my girlfriend questions like she was the narrator.

Not sure if that was to the improvement or the detriment of my social skills.

t. Nabokock

once again, imdislike nabokov intensely! how odd that we align so often today.

>he didn't start with the greeks
we tried to tell you idiot

>tfw starting with the greeks after reading Ulysses
MOM'S GONNA FREAK

Try reading Finnegans Wake next

>I quited my job just to end this fucking book as soon as I can
Kek. If you took that step you could have at least bothered to buy that annotated Ulysses book by Don Gifford or to search the internet for the explanations.

Ulysses is a goldmine for knowledge though, the first time I read it I had to read synopsis' for each chapter as I ended them, with that I had a sense - be it a rough one - of what he was going for and why people loved it so much, I went back and read it again with more supplementary material to help me understand it just that bit more, that was an annotated Ulysses which I almost religously cross referanced and a podcast dedicated to explaining the referances that little bit more.
I wanted to get as much out of those pages and sentances as I possible could. I've always wondered though, it's an incredible esoteric book, but would people from Dublin actually find it as difficult to understand as everyone else. In the same way that a good chunk of the referances made in Don Quixote will be lost on most people.

Yeah, he's kinda comfy but Balzac is objectively superior

The only stuff I dont get is all the refernces (as you know there is a lot of that), it is annoying to read full passages or pages of stuff you have no context what so ever, but I think they are not really that important, at least in the first read. Thats why I didnt buy any guide or whatever, also because I'm broke as fuck, I'm going to get kicked out of the place I'm saying since I have no money because I quited my job because of this damn book (thanks a lot Veeky Forums! thanks a lot Joyce!)
I will have to ask my friends for money now, bye.

Good job, made me fall for the bait

I love Stendhal... Im currently reading Charterhouse for the first time and I love it

wtf double satan