ITT: Authors no one outside of America likes

ITT: Authors no one outside of America likes.

the author of your diary

itt: authors no one ouside of an asylum likes

Hemingway is well liked everywhere. Fuck off, pseud.

Yeah Hemingway is well known and appreciated everywhere.

What strikes me is that the usual memes here refer to authors that are not even heard about at all outside America. I mean, Foster Wallace, or that guy called Something Harris, or the Something Gass, wtf ? I never heard about them in Europe. Looks like only the American praise them.

No he isn't. He's that other hack that professors will tell you about when they joke about USA literature.

Mark Twain

Literally never even seen people outside the US discuss him.

Because most people start and finish discussing him in middle school.

This.
t. European

America has produced the best authors of the past fifty years

America has produced nothing but shitty pomo trash in the last 50 years.

There are good authors actually, but your statement is exaggerated

Nah italy has.

For example I dont think they understand the massive sarcasm of white noise

I'm 11 and even I know you're retarded

User was banned for this post.

Get fucked newfreind, there are no mods on Veeky Forums.
I've been posting here since I was 7. You think this place would be the cesspit it is if it had actual mods?

Been posting here from the very start, when I was in my mum's belly, get fucked Jacob little-bro!

>implying there have been any good authors in the last 50 years

Nah south america has

No love for Ed Abbey? He's a literally who outside of the US, I disagree with some of his politics, but fuck, I love Desert Solitaire.

Walt Whitman

This is the best post

Add Pynchon to your list.

Name 3

>implying italy has produced anything of worth in the past 50 years

old man and sea was required reading in my middle school
tom sawyer also

Bob Dylan

It's a small group of devoted pseuds. They're not widely praised here.

Hemmmmmingway is adored everywhere by insecure closeted manchildren

shakespeare on the other hand is only popular because americans think of him as "that britsh play guy" he's a placeholder if ever i saw one

Garcia Marquez, BolaƱo e Vargas Llosa.

Sinclair Lewis

Fuentes (not technically south american but who gives a fuck), borges, bolano, cortazar (even tho he gets hated on a bit)

Even brazilians hate him.

>insecure closeted manchildren
no, i dont know any author that is praised by manchildren. now mde and all that alt right shit is pretty much what fanbase you described likes

shakespeare is shit, and he needs to be taken out of schools. we need modern literature

I like him desu

Only correct answer

My diary desu

I'm not an American, and I think Mark Twain is by far one of the best and most interesting of American writers. Not saying an awful lot, but still.

Rorty actually predicted the rise of the shitty left we have nowadays and the rise of a populist like Trump.

Really? :(

This.

This has to be bait. No one that reads. South American lit would give you those three names.

"Mama Mia" Giacomo Laroghetti Ferrari said to the chef cooking spaghetti "thatsa spicy meatball"

I really hate faggots. I bet you watch the godfather and think deniro's mumbling nonsense is actual italian

Actually true. Twain, golden age scify, and then the Russian import. That's it. Oh, and for to me unexplainable reasons, you see people talk good about Stephen King. Hemingway really is a joke, though.

>implying good authors exist

>I really hate faggots. I bet you watch the godfather and think deniro's mumbling nonsense is actual italian

said Luigi Barilla Battali, fuming while smashing his asiago crusted fingernails on the keyboard. That bit about Godfather really driving in his point.

Huehueheue here
no
kind of
yes
yes
who?
who?

By yes I mean they are known

canadian and mark Twain is a good wtf u on about

I went to disagree but nearly all of my favourite authors are American.

*not known

Nabokov.. Literally never heard of him before Veeky Forums

Stupid or bait?

>Muh po-mo.

McCarthy

I'm an American who studied in England and we talked a lot about McCarthy. The people across the pond seemed to like him quite a bit.

Antonio Di Benedetto