Good books that came out "recently"?

What's some nice stuff that got published in the last decade or so? I mean the kind of books that SHOULD be on the best of year lists, but never make it on there because people are too busy putting lesbian historical fiction and Stephen King novels.

Fiction, nonfiction - it doesn't matter.

Leon Ostrov

stop objectifying women

>>>/tumblr/

I'm so fucking tired of all this lesbian historical fiction and Stephen King novels.

The Nix looks like an actual good read. I've been interested in it but I haven't heard any anons discuss it though.

Don't forget all those Tolkien and GRRM wannabe copycat fantasy authors.

Welcome to the NHK is a pretty unique and great books, even though the prose is pretty average.

Modern books suck, Bob Dylan won the fucking Nobel price. Everybody just tries to copy Lord of the Rings or Star wars with their shitty genre-fiction bullshit.

Ready Player One

have yet to see lesbian historical fiction and stephen king novels make it best of year lists, thats something you completely pulled out of your ideological ass. historical literary fiction is a la mode now than i think it has been in the previous generation or two, but that doesnt mean the books are bad from the get. stephen king novels will show up on best sellers of the year lists but seldom on critical lists, unless the critic is tokenizing him or genre writers like him to show they are not so fussy and pretentious.

my personal recommendation would be a brief history of seven killings. magnificent book

Taipei

The first prehistoric artefacts we know of are small statues objectifying women.

Knausgaard's wife, Linda Boström Knausgaard, wrote a short novella, with a lot of auto-biographical subtext. It's well worth reading, especially if you have read through all of Knausgaard's statements on her.

Evan dara, eugene marten, anything from dalkey, all of the still living meme work,

Vodka Politics

The Fall of Rome and the End of Civilization is from 2005 but it's really good.

WHY ARE VELMA'S TITTIES SO BIG

I think Timothy Snyder's books on the Holocaust have a chance of becoming some of the more important non-fiction works of the decade.

Has anyone read Laurus by Vodolazkin?
Do you recommend it?

inherent vice

also, has anyone read the circle by dave eggers?

I quite liked The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes

yes, its very good. has a sort of magical realism tone set in medieval russia. rather funny too.

Thanks, I will definetly read it, is there something I should read before?

The difference is that their tits don't hang out. Fuck you

no pre-reqs per say, but a passing familiarity with christianity and the middle ages would probably help you appreciate it

Tell that to her tits.

cut, paste, print
you my friend have demolished them

They do not lie.

On the Edge by Rafael Chirbes

this and/or Remainder