I'm seeing zizek speak tonight. Is there anything I should know?

I'm seeing zizek speak tonight. Is there anything I should know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5hlPp-8SXyg
youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haus_Wittgenstein
youtube.com/watch?v=tStwu7vx5Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=OqpxT_iJ8Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=r1PJo_-n2vI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's trying to destroy whiteness
Choose right wing

1. How do you find out when he is speaking?

2. Please ask him very quickly his thoughts on Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Why does he wear the T-shirt?

Ask him what it's like to be such a Slovenian that he can L I T E R A L L Y never clean his beard properly

>2. Please ask him very quickly his thoughts on Ludwig Wittgenstein.

I second this, I listened to a ton of his lectures and I struggle to remember his name ever even coming up

How to write and pronounce Žižek.

Jye-Jack

Chee-check

Capitalism is a spook.

tell him to watch this

youtu.be/5hlPp-8SXyg

Жижeк

He gonna talk about the same topics he always talks about, using the same jokes and anecdotes. Don't if youve seen any of his previous work.

The sound isn't in English it's like the French J

He's going to be talking about object based ontology in architecture. Not anything I've seen him talk about before.
He's speaking at sci arc in LA.
I follow their lecture series.

>The sound isn't in English

Literally what is the s in "pleasure"

epic

Please ask him about Wittgenstein if you can.

Sure thing.
The lecture will eventually be posted on sci arcs website.
If y'all wanna email them that their video archive is broken it might get it fixed faster.
I'd sure appreciate it because there's a lot of architecture lectures lost in there.

Just remember you'll never be more embarrassing than this spastic

youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs

I know that Wittgenstein believed the most serious and profound problems and questions and issues could only be discussed in the form of jokes.

Also, show Zizek the building that Wittgenstein designed and ask him what he thinks of it seeing as it's an Architectural talk:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haus_Wittgenstein

youtube.com/watch?v=tStwu7vx5Aw

Ask this. Obtain video footage. Link to it in this thread.

As for what you should know, just watch one of the Pervert's Guide films, and you'll have a decent enough background.

It's really remarkable how obvious it is that that house is the work of early Wittgenstein - autistic, devoid of aesthetics, generally atrocious.

Imagine what beauty late Wittgenstein could have constructed.

shut up dfw

Don't like Minimalism, pleb?

>Imagine what beauty late Wittgenstein could have constructed.

Zi-zek

He's ugly

You zee... *sniffs*

Knee cha

Thee Zack

Objectively wrong

>Zizek
"In thish moment *sniff*, by means of pershonal feelings and sho on *swish*, I am in what Lacan would call the jouissance. But not becauje, you know, of any phony liberalism and totalitarianist ideology. Political, buddhism materialism and sho on. No, no *snort*... But becauje, you see, *swallows fly* of marxshist dialectic in the sense of the foucaultian genealogical method, *tugs shirt* there is this *sniff* enlightened shuffering that comes with tolerance, genocide, *unintentional voiced linguolabial trill* anti semitism, analogous to *wipes nose* some religious prophecy *sweats profusely* and sho on! *snort*"

He already wrote a book about what you need to know to get the most out of him.

I feel like all his other books are just pop cultural takes he wrote about his own idea. Something you'd usually delegate to some third tier author and interpreter of your work.

This is the only book you really need of him.

Serious question: what's with Veeky Forums and leftism? What turns you away from Austrian school economics and libertarian morality?

Don't sit in the front

>libertarian
>morality
nice oxymoron you've created there

>What turns you away from Austrian school economics and libertarian morality?
The ability to read.

I'm actually a lolbertarian, but that's pretty much a predefined, solved worldview, so there isn't much to discuss unless someone wants to directly challenge the axioms or do a libertarian analysis of fiction. Neither of these things happens very often.

Looking at things through a Marxist lens is fun, because you can appreciate Marx's insights while simultaneously rejecting his ultimate conclusion. Marxist literature also tends to be much more complex and interesting than libertarian literature. Again, neither of these things make Marx right, but they do make for good conversation.

Austrian school economics and libertarians rarely integrate ideas from novels into their works.
Unless it's like a court minstrel of theirs, like Rand.

They're some sort of timeless thing that just detatched itself from all of humanity and formulates precepts (and the very market itself) that aren't grounded in history or contemporaneity.
I guess that's why Nick Land likes it somewhat. It's a positively Shoggothian.

It's open to the public yeah? Let's do a meet up

Probably modern age commies and marxists. Or maybe perhaps the amount of idealism needed to think that communism can actually work.

Le everyone i dont like is a commie

Back to

It is. You can walk straight in.

ask his opinion on imageboards

I'll be wearing a cock hat and either an orange denim jacket or a mil surp overshirt.
I'll buy dinner for anyone who comes in recognizable DFW cosplay.

We must know his stance on the Trap Question

Pippin

Sick

Damn, I wont have time to do that.

I'll be in a Thrasher tee, round frames and holding the Book of Disquiet.
D-don't be afraid to say hello anons..

Decided to go to the Zizek USC lecture tomorrow instead of this one. Hope it's good boys.

Tell him he's a pseud.

I tried boys. I've had my hand up for the last 30 minutes. The fucker with the dumb ass Hume questions got the mic instead.
These fucking Californians care more about politics.

Try looking less like you browse Veeky Forums

it would look like "zh" if it was more common

Is Traps gay?

Did you at least go up to him at the end and ask?

ask him about zootopia

Is there a bigger sized version of this pic?
Really want to see her belly very badly.

You're a fucking failure and you should feel bad.

>tfw OP got BTFO at a zizek concert

feels good man
Love when Veeky Forums ventures into the real world

They whisked him away pretty quickly.
Shit sucks.
I wanted to talk about architecture at an architecture school and they wanted to talk about society.

Answer my question about the pic you fucker

Are you new to the internet? Someone posted a color pic. Use either one to reverse Google search ya bish.

Did you even read my question?
I don't want to find that exact picture, I wanted to know if there was a more complete version because I want to see her belly. Reverse image searching wouldn't help with that.

Ask him if he wants some fucking fruit joosch or something.

I saw a lecture he gave where he uses the Lacanian abstractions of masculinity and femininity to describe the early and later Wittgenstein philosophies. It was a pretty interesting insight but I don't think he developed it further.

I thought zezij was dead

:^)

Anyone else going to see the sniffy meme man in Amsterdam?

you made this, didn't you?

Żi-żek

Ask him what he thinks about Infinite Jest.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqpxT_iJ8Mc

In the video he says he likes The Ice Storm and that the director called him to tell him it was partially inspired by a book of his.

God fucking dammit I drove right the fuck through LA twice yesterday for a doctor's appointment, I would've gone had I known he was here.

Let's do this Veeky Forums
Seriously want to meet one of you fuckers

Ⰶⰻⰶⰵⰽ

>only

I don't know why ppl add this to his words. They did the same thing with the "verification principle." He just said that many jokes are philosophical. That's why he liked Lewis Carroll.

I totally would if I lived nearby

>psychoanalytical philosopher
>mfw

I'm wearing a Pursuit of Happiness beanie and a blue shirt. I've already met up with a few Zizekheads.

You will win $1 000 000 000 if Zizek spends more than a couple of minutes talking about what the poster says.

Should I?

hear ye hear ye

speculative-sniffling class is now in session

youtube.com/watch?v=r1PJo_-n2vI

as opposed to amount of idealism required to be libertarian?
lmfao libertarians are basically the cucks of political spectrum next to liberals

I would, since incidentally I'll be there at the same time he is, but I don't want to pay the 35 euro entrance fee. I'll watch the lecture on the internet later and buy some weed with the money saved.

I want to, but I have nobody to go with :(

Why can't you simply go by yourself?

Because, if you order a diner, you get the second one for free

Are a local le Amsterdammer?

Under-rated post