How physically fit do you have to be to be able to work in a hotel kitchen?

how physically fit do you have to be to be able to work in a hotel kitchen?

Not even remotely

apparently not very

so what's the deal with kitchen being such a physically demanding job?

who says that?

literally everyone?

I was a dishwasher for a few years and that was harder than cooking shit

It's all demanding when you need to stand for 12 hours doing labor.

it's hot in a kitchen and you have to stand, but it's not at all a physically demanding job

Abloohoo some things are harder even if you're both standing

ive got a heart condition

am i gonna be having problems cooking in a kitchen

condition, or diet-inflicted injury?

I've done both and found cooking harder im my kitchen. Probably just depends on the kitchen, but generally its a job thats going to hurt your body. Lots of people pop Tramadol and other strong painkillers all day long

i'm fat

i've seen lots of chefs being fat fucks and still doing the job. how?

The real reason cooks are skinny is because they don't have time to eat
I went from 260 to 190lbs in six months of working as a dishwasher

how were you able to handle it physically while being that fat?

bump

It's just a bunch of faggot who have never worked a real job in their lives bitching about having to stand on their feet for more than three or four hours at a time.

Being a cook is in no way a physically demanding job unless you're a complete pussyfaggot.

My job working on the line in a busy country club kitchen in the middle of the busy season is pretty demanding. Ive lost a lot of weight mostly because we're working hard all day with no down time and never really eat properly. I work 12 hours a day on the weekend and am on my feet 100% of the time only eating what I snack on from my prep here and there.

I wouldnt say its physically demanding, but the hours are long, you gotta walk around with haste most of the time

Depends what kind of hotel.

We're running around all day, usually sleep deprived by the end of the week. 14 hour shifts everyday, running around in ridiculous heat.

So I'd say have a decent level of fitness, but as I said depends where you go

Obviously a salty KP or chef de partie

or just has no experience in kitchens

/kill yourself

if it were genuinely physically demanding there wouldn't be so many fat fuck chefs.

Chefs yeah. Not cooks.

There's a difference. A cook is the one running around all day. If it's a half decent kitchen everybody will be skinny.

I lost a shit ton of weight within 3 months of starting my current place, try working a 16 hour shift in 40 degree heat while running

I work 13 hours a day in front of a pizza oven

I take about a 5 to 15 minute break to eat almonds and drink something sugary and send a couple text messages

some days I make a poop and that's a nice little break too

I could be a slacker if I wanted to but I'd rather work hard and maybe be somebody someday...

I dunno, it was my job

Here's a (You)
I've done cooking and I've done dish washing. Dish washing is cushy compared to cooking. You're not surrounded by multiple hundreds of degree temperature ovens and stoves and what not. That said, I'd rather cook but that's just me being a faggot who's got a passion for cooking.

I work in a warehouse lifting any where from envelopes to a few hundreds of pounds and half my coworkers are fat as fuck.sure they have muscle under that but the chefs I've known have calves of steel.

That girl is fat.

And water is wet

ive got a heart transplant and some artery disease, but ive always wanted to get into the restaurant business

user, I've worked in kitchens for 20+ years. You can be fat and work in a kitchen, but it's not going to be easy. It's hot, you'll be standing 12+ hours, you'll have to lift and carry heavy shit, and you need to do it as fast as you can. Honestly, if you're so concerned about hacking it that you posted here, you're probably not going to hack it.

But that's good, because restaurant work is a terrible way to try to make a living. Go be a garbage man or a ditch digger or anything else. You'll probably make more money, have more time off and be happier.

you can be fat as fuck and work almost any physically demanding job

i live in south florida and i see 200lb 5'3 mexicans doing yard work all the time