Daily reminder that the idea that George Orwell predicted the contemporary surveillance state is a constructed...

Daily reminder that the idea that George Orwell predicted the contemporary surveillance state is a constructed narrative to get normies to believe that they are "free thinkers" without having to think very hard. There is a reason the government has allowed this book to become popular.

What the fuck are you talking about

conspiracy fag retard, definitely believe in 9/11 being an inside job or chemtrails

So, in a round table game of poker, the government let's the people see its cards ... because somehow it ensures it wins?

I think you're a bit retarded m8.

I never thought of it like that

>predicted
Orwell didn't "predict" anything - he simply described Stalinism.

They are fun to believe

Doesn't matter what Orwell actually did. People will revise whatever history they need to further their agenda.

This topic is truly stimulating and I look forward to observing whilst anons debate it using logic and reason devoid of fallacy. May the best man win.

it's a shitty, predictable book that is written amateurishly and of which there are at least 1000 better instances of the same idea in prior literature.

there is nothing special whatsoever about the book '1984' except that it's easily digestible pseudo-intellectual rubbish that has been popularized because it helps stupid people feel smart.

when I first read 1984 is was fiction. Now that trump is resident it becomed non-fiction

It's just another instance of a familiar strategy. Make the public feel good, and they won't rebel. If people in an oppressed state are led to believe that they can think for themselves, then they won't even notice that they're being oppressed.

Trump has been a resident longer than you were alive, buddy.

No the book is enjoyable to read, it has an interesting narrative with nice prose

You're just mad because normies refer to it constantly without having read or understood it but the book itself is not bad

you mean now that someone who isn't a part of the Party is in power, it's become Fiction?

this is the most basic bitch philosophical level, people.

the reality that you can't accept is that what has to happen to rejuvenate society and restore our souls is... bad things. there needs to be a Tyrant. trump is not that tyrant, but hopefully he is prefiguring someone who will crush the world beneath his heel, who will cause vast devastation of everything in your life.

what our nation needs is to grow stronger. a bigger army is not us becoming stronger. what will make us stronger is hardship. americans must starve, and fight over bread. americans must feel chains and suffering.

you want to fix the healthcare system? your fucking 'solutions' are cancer. single payer, universal, free market, obamacare, blagh, fuck you, you fucking idiot. you want to fix the healthcare system? de-regulate it by force of collapse. i want to see people getting a broken bone set in someones bedroom for 20 dollars by a first year nursing student. i want to see fake doctors accidentally killing people in shady backstreet clinics - that'll teach you to be aware, won't it? i want to see a black market for meat, i want to see suburban housewives trapping squirrels for food. i want to see the public education system deteriorate completely until they can no longer obtain gas for the buses, and a generation grows up half illiterate. THEN we will learn to value education.

america needs to learn, and we're not going to learn until every measure has been taken to try and cling to our insulating wealth, and we fail.

the Tyrant who presides over our subjugation will be the messiah who reminds us to value freedom. the destroyer who takes away the things that we're trying so hard to 'have because we need' will teach us what is truly necessary.

the ultimate truth is that what people want is not what people need.

it was good prose when i was in 6th grade. but now that i'm older, i honestly think that 'hank the cowdog' books had better writing. it's just poorly written. the guy who wrote it is simply a sub-par writer and it is a mediocre book.

>becomed

bait made me laugh

>There is a reason the government has allowed this book to become popular.
You mean the 1st Amendment?

>what our nation needs is to grow stronger. a bigger army is not us becoming stronger. what will make us stronger is hardship. americans must starve, and fight over bread. americans must feel chains and suffering.
*tips fedora*

It's listed as humor on Amazon, lol.

Orwell is a good man. I just wish people would stop abusing his legacy.

t. Huxley

>there are at least 1000 better instances of the same idea in prior literature.
please compile the list :^)

Hmm...

...really makes you think

>You mean the 1st Amendment?
Yeah. It sure seems curious that the government would allow freedom of speech, doesn't it? It doesn't seem that such a ruling would benefit the government at all... unless the government has some ulterior motive. That they allow the freedom of speech just because they're nice is too charitable an explanation.

If the government has control over what you read, Then how can you possibly read anything that they don't want you know ? Or are you implying that they are competent enough to control the markets but not compent enough to control material flow since all information has material basis ?

>defending hitler
wewlad

Don't lie OP, this is the only book you've ever read.
Congrats, now you are a social justice hero.

I seriously hate anybody who has read this book

nah not quite, there is the ministry of information? i think in 1984 and all kind of hard control for media (banning)

but the modern society is a twist on that, nothing needs to be banned (at least for state security reasons), the banning has to do with de facto normalization reasons

so you can free think all you want the government doesn't care

so big brother doesn't have to watch you if every thing you do is predictable

This desu.

>but now that i'm older
I don't think 8th grade is something to brag about chum

Nice dubs friendo

>surveillance

sure but more than that its about the importance of 'wrong' thought

It was a response to authoritarian and facist leaders across the world.

The German and Japanese people didn't believe they were wrong or at the cusp of defeat.

Propaganda and nationalism are v scary things and Orwell reminded us of that