Why is horse meat not legal to sell in the U.S.?

archive.is/wEX69

July 16 (UPI) -- Spanish police, in coordination with Europol, dismantled an organized crime group trading horsemeat in Europe sold for humans but unfit for consumption.

Spain's Guardia Civil arrested 65 people and charged them with crimes that included animal abuse, document forgery, perverting the course of justice, crimes against public health, money laundering and being part of a criminal organization, Europol announced Sunday.

The operation was coordinated with police in Belgium, France, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Switzerland and Britain.
In 2016, the Guardia Civil's Environmental Protection Service "detected a scam whereby horses in bad shape, too old or simply labelled as 'not suitable for consumption' were being slaughtered in two different slaughterhouses," Europol said in a release.

Meat from the animals, which came from Portugal and several parts of northern Spain, was processed and sent to Belgium, a major horsemeat exporter.

The beef market lobbied hard to keep horse meat from being consumed. At one point in the US there were more horses than cattle. As with anything in the US political system it comes down to profits.

same reason we dont eat dogs and poor people

Ok dogs I get but explain poor people. If the homeless are just going to die of disease or drugs or exposure, why not mix them into ground beef?

You think your average Veeky Forums stoner eating Taco Bell's meat mixture is gonna notice?

Already happening. Totinos peperoni and sauce is made by planned parenthood.

Nice argument you have there.

There's very few people who actually have contact with horses daily, I wouldn't mind eating a horse or two.

I'm so hungry I could eat out a horse.

idk why it's illegal, probably cultural bullshit

but meat is one thing I don't really want to buy on the black market

you mean because they taste bad?

Horse meat isn't bad it's just very lean.

>horses in bad shape, too old or simply labelled as 'not suitable for consumption'

Well, that's the reason right there.

There's no food horses in the states, all the horses here are work or show animals doped up on god knows what which makes them unfit for human consumption.

But I would pay good money for the novelty of food horses.

And you can, but it's a whole process.

Just import British beef if you want horsemeat on the sly.

oh, so different from poor people then

excuse me

ohs you didn’t know

bump

Oh, you haven't heard?

bump

oh sweetie

lemme guess... jewish conspiracy

My grandpa used to eat it, and I occasionally enjoyed it too. I also once had stew with chunks of horsemeat instead of beef, it was incredibly tender.

What country are you from?

Naw man, Deez niggas is being responsible.

Belgium

No joke, I have a friend who is Jewish and also a Freemason. Needless to say I joke about it at every opportunity.

My grandpa was a freemason but he was Catholic Irish.

>catholic mason

Then he was was excommunicated. Poor eternally suffering soul.

>catholic mason
good one

Horses helped us take this great land from the native corn breath prairie monkeys who were wasting it's great potential. When you think of America, you think of cowboys. And cowboys ride horses. As a thank you for their service and companionship, we don't eat them.

As for eurofucks, who knows, who cares. I guess knights rode horses too so maybe same reason

No just basic recycling. It taste good so why care?
What is it with you people and Jews?

Come on man that's cannibalism the best bet would be dog food

I was just joking. Seems like everything is a Jewish conspiracy nowadays on this website.

The JOOS are grinding up aborted babies and saucing pizzas with the vacuumed up slop.

You're confusing conspiracy with truth.

nothing selective breeding can't fix :P

kek

Because they have hooves but don't chew a cud.

I remember donkey meat being good stuff in China
Shame I haven't had any since

It's also fairly common in some parts of the Netherlands. We have smoked horse meat as cold cuts but it's also made into seasoned sausages or a thick meat stew often served with fries. It's tasty and the smoked cuts are very clean and lean indeed.