Muh AI

>muh AI
>muh affordable electric car
>muh space

Will this faggot ever actually deliver on anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X
youtube.com/watch?v=ktO6IvLT2eg&t=0s
qz.com/885060/spacexs-leaked-finances-show-elon-musk-is-betting-big-on-satellite-internet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

his affordable electric sportscar has ai and he shoots things into space for NASA. He's been delivering for years. What have you even done.

Shitpost, apparently

Can't wait for the mars talk on Friday

Getting rockets to reusably land, which massively saves on costs and is something NASA would never bother with in a million fucking years.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ

Has any crony ever? It's like people honestly actually still expect trickle down cronyism to work one day.

>Still using century old rocket technology
Never going to make it.

It took decades for rocket technology to get anywhere near profitable. Would you prefer he dither around that long developing whatever screwball idea you're thinking of?

>profitable
What the fuck is this meme? Nobody ever questions why non-scientist, non-engineers keep getting put in charge of tech companies? It's because all of them are good at one thing: siphoning money like leeches. Elon Musk doesn't know a god damned thing about science. And we've had better than shit rocket technology for decades. But rockets are cheaper to produce, and don't actually accomplish shit, so they're a great money making scheme.

OK, how much more money can you scientists and engineers siphon out of social security, medicare, and defense to fund your wacky space adventures?

Oh, none?

Well at least you can all volunteer full-time and buy billions of dollars worth of equipment from your own pockets, right?

Oh, you can't?

Well shit, by process of elimination, looks like you need to siphon money and make profits as a business.

Dumbass.

Daily reminder that SpaceX test fired the world's first FFSC methane-oxygen rocket engine nearly a year ago and are currently leading the field in launch vehicle technology

Daily reminder that SpaceX launched the X-37B and caused ULA to shit yet another brick

Daily reminder that SpaceX is out competing all other launch providers, and the company that people usually say is going to be most competitive towards SpaceX hasn't even launched an orbital rocket yet (BO more like BTFO)

Daily reminder that if SpaceX didn't exist we would currently still be stuck in the launch market of the 2000's, with endless Atlas V launches and nothing new and risky being attempted

Daily reminder that all Elon hate threads exist only to collect (you)s from retards who suck Elon's cock for being the great space messiah (which he isn't, he's just a dude with assets and his head in the right place who's surrounded himself with good engineers, which is exactly how you run a good tech company)

>OK, how much more money can you scientists and engineers siphon out of social security, medicare, and defense to fund your wacky space adventures?
Was this an attempt at something?

>Well shit, by process of elimination, looks like you need to siphon money and make profits as a business.
>Cronyism is the only solution QED
LOL!

Btw he's not actually fucking accomplishing anything, so you know, if that's a sticking point, then Musk is a fraud and a failure. If all you're worried about is fleecing taxpayers to make Musk and everyone in his cabal wealthier, then I guess success?

>Leading the world in rocket technology
Yes, but who's leading the field in advancements in horse-drawn carriages?

Stop using my tax dollars to shitpost on Veeky Forums.

Y'all convinced me. Those rocket landings were faked like the moon landing. Musk is clearly an unaccomplished dumbass and we'd be much better off with your strategy of...of...

>Giving a flying (exploding) shit about primitive rockets
Internal combustion engines are more advanced.

>Internal combustion engines are more advanced.
More complicated, maybe, but definitely not more advanced. The internal combustion engine is a bloated nightmarish horror that only someone living in the 1600s could possibly invent.

You just described rockets, friend.

>rockets 1600
The rocket is a simple invention made by the simple chinese. You light shit on fire and the thing goes in the opposite direction. Makes perfect sense.

The internal combustion engine is like a bunch of rockets but at the same time and crudely welded together so they can't go anywhere. On top of that, it loses effectively all of it's energy to entropy because it's such a shitty machine, while a rocket in a vacuum works exactly as you'd expect it to.

Alien Musk will make ICE kill forever soon.

how to detect burger: 1)He lumps defense spending in with social security and medical insurance .

2) Implies everything must be profitable

>And we've had better than shit rocket technology for decades.

Like what exactly?

What other propulsion technology can get objects into orbit, go.

How can you honestly claim he hasnt acomplished anything lmao, the guy has single handedly created an industry and is working on another all the while taking insane risks nearly put him in bankruptcy, he is also the omega advocate of muh freemarket fixes everything. The man is a living personification of traditional American ideals yet is somehow disliked, the irony being that the rest of the world sees him and thinks while he isnt all great he does represent the best part of american ideas and gives you street cred.

There's a wide breadth of complexity between the least advanced rockets and the most advanced rockets, obviously. Even more so than the simplest steam engine compared to the most complex formula 1 race car engine.
Only rockets are capable of powering a vehicle into space, although once in space a few things are better in certain niches.

Are there any chinks in this man's armor?

Fuck, I picked an awkward time to be a classic car and nuclear power enthusiast

yeah, his inability to get his mind off the pussy

No but America will keep funneling money to him for more promises and conceptual ideas that will never really go anywhere whilst making him rich.

Fuck Musk. Fuck TESLA, and fuck everyone that likes him and his shitty anti-worker stance. Haha, they want to be paid and have better working conditions but how about frozen yoghurt?

>and is something NASA would never bother with in a million fucking years.
Erm that's not true sweetie.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X

Is your autism blinding you or something?

>NASA had taken on the project grudgingly after having been "shamed" by its very public success under the direction of the SDIO. Its continued success was cause for considerable political in-fighting within NASA due to it competing with their "home grown" Lockheed Martin X-33/VentureStar project. Pete Conrad priced a new DC-X at $50 million, cheap by NASA standards, but NASA decided not to rebuild the craft in light of "budget constraints".[6]

In case that's still not obvious, I'll spell it out. Reusable & cheap means no pork to be spread around to a minimum of 250 congressional districts. That defeats the entire purpose of NASA.

>Will this faggot ever actually deliver on anything?
no

he's bustin nuts into amber heard, so probably not

I saw a youtube video about OpenAI and Dota pro players (I already knew about the matter beforehand) and its title and content literally said that Musk did it all. Musk is a fucking chairman of OpenAI purely because he's paranoid about possible dangers, he doesn't know anything about it and he isn't on any team within OpenAI that actually does anything, let alone the one working on AI for Dota.

The cult personality shit is annoying, the man is a good entrepreneur (and a less cancerous one, his life doesn't revolve around scams and dumping projects after some quick profit) but knows literally nothing beyond that. It is tiresome to pretend otherwise, especially when he appears to genuinely believe the pretense.

0.02 has been deposited to your account

reminder: elongated muskstick pays rebbit 20 million a year for publicity

To be fair, if I could afford to be paranoid about AI, I'd be.

>total rejection of relevant facts
>hates the idea of workers being replaced by automation
>exists in delusional dreamland

you probably have a maga hat and live in the bible belt

Explain this normie

youtube.com/watch?v=ktO6IvLT2eg&t=0s

Shall I tell you why he is disliked? Because he's rich, good looking and wasn't born in America. Jealousy.

>internal combustion engine
You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know how rockets work

they already broke up

HE BURNED METHANE
WOW

This video is so retarded i'd have to write a full length paper to fully illuminate it. TLDR 12 million dollars on a test bed is chump change, thermal expansion doesnt invalidate the idea, a vacuum tube doesnt need to be a near total vacuum to have benefits, you will always have rust in any large scale steel construction regardless of what you do, and finally unless you have the total design blueprints and are qualified you cant comment with any degree of merit on ongoing construction. You know nothing about engineering, RND, or industry.

I do live in the bible belt but I absolutely hate Trump. Musk is a retard taking credit for the ideas of others and profiting immensely from their work.

I don't hate the idea of workers being replaced by automation as long as they're given their needs when that happens, but under Musk that certainly won't happen. He's a bourgie cunt that only wants more money and will promise, hype, and promise his way to more.

Mars, Mars, Mars, all I hear is Mars. What's the point of Mars? Where are my asteroid mining colonies?

>southern fried communist

I'm very sad that you can't be hunted for sport.

>Where are my asteroid mining colonies?
Asteroid worth billions in rare metals
Which will fund & make profitable further space colonization beyond the Mars meme.

I believe Elon is Noah reincarnated.

holy fuck i hate this faggot. good to know i'm not alone on that. seems like everyone thinks he is some kind of messiah.

Why?

I swear if you listen to this guy. You should not even consider being a scientist/engineer.

What ideas, currently his two biggest areas are electric cars and reusable rockets. Neither of these ideas are his and he has never claimed otherwise, he has claimed the credit for creating an industry around those two ideas which is fair given that he was the sole instigator.

>He's a bourgie cunt that only wants more money and will promise, hype, and promise his way to more.

If this is your primary reason for not liking him then you by default also dislike every politician and businessman in existence. Also bourgeoisie doesnt mean what you think it means.

Why what? Why is it illegal? I don't know. Certainly not because it's a waste of human life. Considering you evil pieces of rat shit try to ruin every civilization you come across and refuse to acknowledge how destructive your philosophy is when it kills millions of people, it really is a moral virtue to put a bullet in your skull before you can spread your mind virus any further. The only small comfort is that you educated "revolutionaries" are always the first to go to the firing squads when you've destroyed your host country and outlived your usefulness.

Die.

>sweetie
I fucking love this meme.

>capitalist apologist

Nevermind.

dude mars lmao

>If this is your primary reason for not liking him then you by default also dislike every politician and businessman in existence.

>implying I don't

Triggered.

fpbp

He needs to be bred.

Our children would have perfect noses.

Space X is really cool. Self landing reusable rockets are fuckawesome. But Tesla Inc. is some 17 billion dollars in debt, and has been operating at a loss for years now.

>Source=TSLA financial documents.

Also, Space X launch videos are really comfy, unlike OP's mom who must suffer through so much dick!

Brainlet speaking

>Nasdaq displays Tesla Inc with yearly revenue

>makes fun of a guy stating the truth
>l-look guys he's autistic. R-right colbert?
Unironically kys

Check again m8. Positive revenue, but negative earnings.

Earning before tax are postive.

Genuinely curious about your claim. ¿

Net income is listed at negative 674 million dollars.

So.....

If the adjacent bar graph is red then the numbers are negative? Also, these are in ....millidollars?

Not exactly, some are listed as blue even if they are an expense. For instance, research and development was an expense of 834 million.

And that's correct, at the top (value in 000's), so they had revenue of some 7 billion (fuck), but still lost 674 million after expenses.

Oh, I understand the arrangement now.

>revenue of some 7 billion
>
>674 million after expenses

Unless I misunderstand, this does not imply operating at a loss

I did see "value's in 000s"
did not want to infer....
para mi esta nuevo

These aren't exactly user friendly. Look at the expense of 5 billion for 'Cost of revenue'. That leaves TSLA with +1.5 billion in gross profit (before other expenses)

R&D and Sales, gen, etc. are an expense that exceeds their gross profit, leaving them with an operating income of -667 million. Parentheses indicate 'negative' in accounting.

This means they had to either, liquidate assets to cover all of their expenses (lose money), or borrow money to pay all of their expenses (lose money in the future). This has been happening for years to poor ole' TSLA.

Their total liabilities (basically debt) is some 17 billion. In a worst case scenario, they keep taking on debt and shareholders doubt their ability to ever turn a future profit.

oh! interesting.

Thank you for the little lesson.

>they keep taking on debt and shareholders doubt their ability to ever turn a future profit.

sounds like the USA ha ha ha

To be fair, I did use the expression "operating at a loss" incorrectly. Accounting is a shitheap of terminology.

TL'DR: Don't invest a dime in TSLA. At this point, it's very unlikely they'll bring in enough income to ever pay debts.

>taking investment advice from a brainlet that doesn't even know what 'operating at a loss' means

I'm a bit lazy - with an accountant in the family I definitely let myself slide in that field.

eek, good to know. i definitely have loved ones with their money in Musk ....... -_-

So, it would be unethical / illegal for Musk to shift his personal funds into TSLA? He is a billionaire ..

more information > less information
^if the information is true...
he simply explained the arrangement to me.

>i wish that were me in the gif omg

Then it isnt the people you dislike its the system that produces them, and thus complaining about individuals without qualifying your complaints as a symptom of said system is pointless. Particularly in this case where you attempt to create argument points against an individual from an unrelated stance elsewhere.

Yeah dude the "truth" is elon musk is some kind of sham that hasnt had ANY positive affect, you are literally too stupid to argue against. At least the other guy has a base he is willing to discuss, why do you even post you trog.

If nothing else he's created some clean energy hype.....

No he wont.
The actual goal of his company is to develop satellites that can provide internet anywhere on earth.
>qz.com/885060/spacexs-leaked-finances-show-elon-musk-is-betting-big-on-satellite-internet/

Gay comments get you tossed.

i disagree with the idea that he has contributed nothing more than hype hence my use of quotations

>What is the space shuttle

Oh, okay coolio.

>good looking

His money can't buy him genuine good hair genes. Women know deep down he's balding.

While that is true - my thick hair may even out his unfortunate phenotype

Why doesn't this faggot invest in something useful, for example, in ending the poverty of my third world shithole-country?

It's not good business to invest in something that's worthless, like you