What to ask for for my 20th birthday

what to ask for for my 20th birthday. my family is middle/upper class and are generous to me and my siblings. What should I ask for for my birthday if I want to grow up and stop playing video games. I'm just starting college and have a nice laptop etc. thx Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/S-J-Abrams/dp/0316201642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488465165&sr=8-1&keywords=s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The sweet release of death.

a bottle of whiskey and three pairs of socks

The sweet release of death.

If you're asking for book recs, make a book rec. thread, but if you're just looking for gift ideas, fucking socks or a trip somewhere

surely some collection of something would be better. can u retards only recommend whiskey and death?

but something important, I've seen people on here whining about how expensive an Aristotle collection is, something like that. something /mu/ would reccommend.

I'm the first post. Whiskey is the next best thing desu. You should keep suffering if you think anything else is better.

im not suffering, but I don't want to suffer - unless I should to grow up in a good way. anything else other than whiskey? a book? something?

>for my birthday if I want to grow up and stop playing video games
Earn some money and take your family out for a meal instead of asking for presents.

yeah maybe ur rite, but not THAT grown up, Jesus Christ. I'm only 20, not 30 u dork. I'm just asking for a wise gift to ask to receive for crying out loud

>i'm not suffering
No you are, you just don't want to acknowlege it. No death or whiskey? Here are some books.
The Culture of Critique – Kevin B. MacDonald
The Decline of the West – Oswald Spengler
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race – Thomas Ligotti

2/3 r on my list now chers

Ask them to write you out of their will, you stupid faggot.

why write me out

Because you're on a fucking Bhutanese wallet crafting instructional forum asking other people what you think you should have because you've been given everything for too long. Trust me, it will build character knowing you won't inherit any of your parents money or assets and make you grow into your own person without the knowledge that you can just fall back on your parents stash.

u r almost certainly right. but how do I purposely sabotage myself without feeling crazy? I know what ur saying is true (probably) and that we should go thru hardship - but I cannot self sabotage - I'm too spoilt and just can't bear to do it

amazon.com/S-J-Abrams/dp/0316201642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488465165&sr=8-1&keywords=s

buy this. I want it.

the GREEKs

what though - and why, u guys r too vague and out there. just tell a faggot 20 year old who is kinda half spoilt and is just starting uni studying marketing what he should want for a gift

what do you want?

fiction? homer, sophocles, euripides, aristophanes, aeschylus, etc
philosophy? pre-socratics, plato, aristotle, etc
history? herodotus, xenophon, plutarch, etc

Be specific with what you're interested in you fucking turbo faggot

start with the Greeks

Ask for a cake.

(I think I had seen this image first almost a decade ago, the guy must have joined the wizard ranks by now.)

Just ask for Pynchon. Read every single one of his books. Move to California, preferably southern, a quiet beach town near a bigger one with a lively social scene. Bring only your Pynchon and the coolest clothes you have. Find a job working in a privatised industry, and develop character traits that make you seem well written, as if Pynchon himself had scribed you. Meet a girl and let her fuck you over. From there you'll know what to do.

why, I can't bear to do this, would my life be ruined? I'm starting uni
however that: , is almost literally me

oi thread don't fucken dog me

Just do it ok op

yeah duh probably a option that would be good but it;'d destroy my life, why doesn't everybody do it

Im Just trying to keep your thread from being 404'd because I like it. Read Pynchon anyways (serious recommendation)

Travel.

drugs

Crisis of the Modern world - Rene guenon
Apology of Socrates - Plato.

A good pack of cigars. Stop smoking cigarettes. They're not Veeky Forums enough

>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>Empire or six killer apps by Nial Ferguson
>The Bible

>studying marketing
You really should just ask for death you fucking parasite

>studying something practically useful instead of haughty ephemeral bullshit
>wow what a pleb
Humanitards should be culled right after graduation.

No, there are plenty of useful fields that are wholly respectable. Marketing is an outlet for parasites and greedy cynics who love nothing better than the intellectual and moral degradation of their fellow man

Were you molested by a travelling salesman or something?

In Search of Lost Time complete collection.

He's either
a) dead (very possibly OD)
b) a serial killer
c) okay, a neckbeard wizard
that picture is a tragedy

He can't grow facial hair

a blessing or a curse

Can poor single mothers not even bake their shitty neet sons cakes anymore? This could only compound his feeling of worthlessness.

I have come to hold a deep hatred for marketers after having seen what a nihilistic, selfish society the all-powerful advertiser has produced. If you actively study and work towards become another part of that cancerous tumour on society's face, then you are most likely human garbage

I agree with you friend, advertising is for scumfucks