Since economics is essentially just applied math, it logically follows that it counts as STEM

Since economics is essentially just applied math, it logically follows that it counts as STEM.

economics taught today are pure ideology

t. unemployed

t. spooked

>responding to an opinion with an insult
classic econ major attempting to justify why they didn't actually major in applied math

>economics is essentially just applied math
No

t. Econ B.S.

Econ is for kids not dumb enough to fall for social "science" meme but not smart enough to know that using math doesn't make something stem.

Econ is brainlet tier but can get you a decent job. If you have a complex about your intellect because you were scammed at uni you'll be stuck proving it to yourself outside the office by studying actual stem and browsing Veeky Forums on your own time. But everyone does need a hobby...

economics is purely a rebuttal to marxism and ancient greek proto-marxism. Anyone with eyes could see that there are no skills in the filed of economics

Advice for 2nd year bsc econ. Student?

Change majors to engineering. If you want to do a quantitative gig in finance/business they will hire an enginequeer over econ/finance major ceteris paribus.
Otherwise just get a second undergrad in statistics, math, or applied math so you will have an actual mental foundation for problem solving. You should be pratically handed a math minor just doing econ anyway so suck it up and add the additional hours for the double undergrad.
If you are thinking MBA and can't get into a top 5 -don't fucking waste your money -its good for fuckall beyond networking. Go get a grad degree in stats/math/ops research. Technical degrees matter not soft skill bullshit that will get automated away by the guys with the technical degrees. LEARN FUCKING PYTHON!!!

Stop trying so hard, you'll never be a part of our crew. Now go and sit with the psychologists over there while us science men talk.

>they will hire an enginequeer over econ/finance major ceteris paribus
All the big banks in my region are looking for economics graduates, not engineers let alone le math autists.

>economics is essentially just applied math
That's a weird way to spell unfalsifiable opinions.

>All the big banks in my region are looking for economics graduates, not engineers let alone le math autists.

As tellers sure...
Quants are going to be math/code heavy gigs. Maybe doctorates in econ are getting jobs. Who knows, you might be in the next class of GS analysts with an econ BS but I doubt it. Its ok though, all the finance majors think the same thing. Meanwhile the engineers automate away the need for jr. analcysts.

>As tellers sure
I didn't know you could post from the 1950s, but no banks don't go out of their way to find tellers lmao. I don't what meme you fell for but you're in the wrong field if you aspire to work in finance.

>>As tellers sure
>I didn't know you could post from the 1950s, but no banks don't go out of their way to find tellers lmao.
You got me Mr. Clever Trousers. One might say the effort put into hiring a teller as equivalent to recruiting an econ undegrad.

Minor in stats so you know how to do econometrics, which is where all the money is for econ majors now.

STEM or not, I think both Economics and Philosophy deserve a respect from STEM majors.

Agreed.

>unironically implying that economics ain't applied sociology

>applied sociology
You're thinking of Marxism

economics is literally applied game theory

So does that mean it has more in common with computer science than STEM?

You're full of shit re:econ. It is pop-psychology (and/or finance) for people who can do basic statistics.

game theory is a branch of economics, so no

ITT: people who have never taken an Econ class beyond introductory courses

Psychology is just applied biology, so I guess that's STEM too.

Behavioral analysis is pretty rigorous, falsifiable, and (likely) able to be quantified. But the rest of it is trash. Same with most of Econ. At least for now. It's in its Freud-tier days.