Hi, /lit, /pol here. What books do I have to read to stop being a hateful bigot...

Hi, /lit, /pol here. What books do I have to read to stop being a hateful bigot? I am thinking specifically non-fiction books about history, politics and economics.

Fritjof schuon - Castes and races

Dude, just give it up. People are cool. You don't need books to stop being a bigot. Just acknowledge that nothing makes you special. That other people are just as unspecial as you are.

Wow, really makes you think.

Any.

stopping going to /pol/ would be a good first step

A Conquest of Bread by Pyotr Kropotkin

Adam Smiths WON and then Ricardo's Principles or Mill's Principles, you pick which one

no book can do that. only giving others a chance, even if they are a race you donmt usually associate with. sure you will meet assholes. but that's most often not about race but about personality

Well, why are you a bigot?
Just read up on the history of the people you're bigoted against.

If you honestly want to change, good on you. Every culture has it's high points and low points. Every culture knew something better or worse than another one. A lot of "ethnic" cultures were sterilized to look like retards compared to "civilized" cultures. A lot of knowledge was lost and a lot of misconceptions propagated.

History books will only teach you that white people were and are the best people in the world

I just bought The Last Interview with James Baldwin and it's an immediate favorite.
He was a gay black activist during the civil rights era/Harlem Renaissance. White people hated him for being black, blacks hated him for being gay, and he kept his composure with incisive, clear arguments, empathy, and existential philosophy. plus it's short but packed with information, since it's in interview form.

also try Dostoyevsky
also try going outside

Dostoyevsky hated blacks and gays, wtf are you talking about..

Actual /pol/ here. Books probably won't help you with that. Also this is the wrong board for acceptance. Instead of having nigger hate threads they make fun of plebs.

>Dostoyevsky hated blacks and gays, wtf are you talking about..
wtf are you talking about?
I'm not exactly a Dostoyevsky expert but I've read his works and about his life; it's pretty clear he didn't hate anyone except probably himself. He gave a famously impassioned speech in the honor of the Russian author/poet/playwright Alexander Pushkin, who was part African.
In the Idiot one of his characters briefly mentions racism in America, in the context of it being morally reprehensible.
I've yet to read anything of his regarding homosexuality.

feel free to cite your claims

/thread.

welcome newfriend.

Just get off Veeky Forums forever and make some friends from different places.

I've probably been on this site longer than you have. Not that it is an accomplishment. This extension of r/books doesn't have the moral high ground on /pol/. Blacks are largely illiterate. They don't even have the ability to be plebs.

there are actually quite a few black people on this board at a given moment

>I've yet to read anything of his regarding homosexuality.

Trivia question: what religion did Dostoevsky value quite highly?

Yes. I understand how statistical outliers work. I'm not a racist ideologue. There are plenty of black people that I admire and respect. It's tragic that their shitty culture will call you an Uncle Tom and physically attack you for enjoying literature.

disapproval of another person's lifestyle choices, sinful or otherwise, is not an indication of hate.
believe it or not but some people can disagree with a person without hating them.
In fact it's quite popular to hear Christians say "we don't hate the person, we hate the sin"

by "cite your sources" I meant something written by Dostoyevsky himself, not some underwhelming intuitive leap your brain shat out

>statistical outliers
hardly. statistically there are more black females in American colleges than any other demographic.
>It's tragic that their shitty culture will call you an Uncle Tom and physically attack you for enjoying literature
this is just a stupid statement. there's a lot wrong with black culture but reading books will not make the average black person victim of physical attack. THAT would be a statistical outlier.

>only intelligent people can go to college
Okay. I won't offer up any anecdotal evidence. If you have a positive view of the average black person I wouldn't want to taint it.
>t. person that went to Detroit Public School and is constantly immersed in black culture

well I'm black, so you probably don't want to make any moves towards the authoritative high-ground.
why don't you just post some charts or something

>I'm black

get out!!
this place is for humans!!
>no irony was found that day

take your sperg pills

I'm not a Stormfag. I don't irrationally hate dark skinned people. I just happened to notice that your culture has some crime problems and is violently anti-intellectual. Most people wouldn't need charts to see that.

b-but that's racist.

To be fair to the black American population, they do all read Pimp and that UFO form of Islam books. If you're going to pick one book to live in a corrupt system, Iceberg Slim is slightly better than Machiavelli. I don't know what the Nation of Islam fascination stems from.

I think overcoming bigotry has less to do with learning to respect other cultures and more to do with dispelling the myths of superiority around your own culture.

>only intelligent people can go to college.
Don't mix things. Your previous statement is about black illiteracy while the other user talk you about black women as a large college population not as a prove or intelligence whatsoever. You are misunderstanding or depraving simple statements for the sake of your benefit and your inability.

It depends: who are you despising?
Muslims? Homosexuals? Jews? Women?

I'm honestly not. I don't care about any debate on this Chinese fingerpainting subreddit. If you think black American women are the most educated demographic in America (as I've seen shitty image macros imply) more power to you. From my many dealings with them it hasn't been the case.

sorry, had to go to class.
anyways
>I just happened to notice that your culture has some crime problems and is violently anti-intellectual.
going to assume this is your "I'm from Detroit" anecdotal evidence
>Most people wouldn't need charts to see that.
by that logic most people would be outwardly racist
>From my many dealings with them it hasn't been the case.
Same as first

Anyways, this argument comes down to "in my experience, black culture is terrible and that is a biological factor" vs "black culture being terrible is due to environmental factors"
Detroit is an academic shithole, elementary schools on up are extremely underfunded and this is a pretty huge issue and, arguably, the primary contributing factor considering the fact that the children's futures are ruined right out of the blocks.
biology vs disenfranchisement, ostracisation, and neglectful environment is a popular enough subject that we don't have to hash it out here, but that's the fundamental argument.

bear in mind I live in the number one most illiterate city in the United States, with the number one in drug use(heroin, I think?), STD(I forget which one), air quality, drunk drivers, and, ironically, white supremacy. Google it if you don't believe me.

The world is bigger than your world and certainly bigger than /pol/

>hardly. statistically there are more black females in American colleges than any other demographic.
This is not true. And even if it were, college does not suggest intelligence. In many ways the opposite is true.

That's racist. The statistics that corroborate it are also racist.

>using the mythical shithole of Detroit as a way to deflect and dismiss all criticism of black culture
That is one sound argument.

What's wrong with racism?

Start with the Greeks.

It's not very nice and often arbitrarily so.

>It's not very nice

Sometimes the truth isn't nice and people need to accept that.

Smoothie is the most beautiful cat of all time.

>American """""""Colleges""""""""

They're learning to be legal office assistants and dental hygienists. Black females aren't some sort of intellectual powerhouse, lel.

I'd say Hobbes would be a great philosopher for this

And what is this truth? The fundamental divide between the faculties of any race except aboriginals is so minimal that it really doesn't warrant focusing on.

It's intellectually lazy, replacing the human with statistical factors about the possibility of that human and fundamental misunderstandings about statistics and psychology.
I couldn't count how many times I've read some /pol/tard say "I'm 15% more intelligent than blacks" or "I inherently have X amount more IQ points than blacks." That's not how it works at all and to wield it that way is to have a complete misunderstanding of your own ideology. Approach humans on the level of complexity demanded or stop being critical. It's every bit as lazy as SJW culture trying to catalog humans into a million pronouns

>I just happened to notice that your culture has some crime problems and is violently anti-intellectual.

Shots fired.

>implying user would even care to make such a distinction if he didn't know that others would find it controversial
/pol/fags are just the other side of the sjw coin

You're supposed to hate everyone, not pick and choose who you think is worse. Try reading the sticky and hating yourself. Read Candide too, you non-fiction autist.

A psychologist I see recommends this to everyone. I ordered it yesterday because it seems perfect for me, since I'm a petulant, resentful, ornery little fucker. Maybe it could help you too.

>it really doesn't warrant focusing on

You're wrong there. And especially when white people get accused of "appropriating" other cultures, I think it's reasonable to look at what separates people of different races.

Such an obvious falseflag.

I've thought this myself.

I can believe that there is in reality some nontrivial difference between the average innate intellectual capacity between races.

But I am certain that entertaining that belief, or acting on it in any meaningful way, will inevitably make it appear to be true, even if it is not.

Thus, one might as well just assume there are no significant innate differences between in intellect between races of people.

Also, you never know when you might be at the business end of racist beliefs, so it makes sense to functionally disregard them.

Stop browsing /pol/ and actually get out and meet people who don't share your views.

>anti-intellectual
intellectual culture is just pretentiousness anyway.

If you're aligning different groups into races rather than cultures you've already obliterated any sort of real perspective you could gain.

What is contained within "Black People"? Do you count 'continental, from africa blacks' with 'American blacks'? What about different black people under different colonial regimes - didn't they all form different experiences? What about Ethiopians - etc, etc.

Same goes for white. Try reducing your own culture (assuming you're white) to 'white race' and see what you wind up inevitably shrinking in terms of languages and differences with other white groups.

Also cultural appropriation as a pejorative term is retarded, dismiss that alongside the concept of race, because at the end of the day all of that is totalitarian trash that seeks to supplant the experience of the individual with the baggage of an imagined and ideologically caricatured collective.

It doesn't matter why black culture is so shitty. What matters is that it is shitty and that there is a general lack of self-improvement.

And no: throwing shitfits over #oscarsowhite and whatnot until you get some breadcrumbs like little Uncle Toms does not count.

As long as your people acts like a strata of consumers in a white capitalist society, it will be compartmentalized.

>What about different black people under different colonial regimes - didn't they all form different experiences? What about Ethiopians - etc, etc.

They've all had a remarkably similar experience, just like Europeans have shared a remarkably similar experience. A Canadian could move to Sweden and fit in reasonably well but when Canadians move to India they often feel a visceral sense of revulsion and culture shock.

What breed of cat is that?

British Longhair.

The first step is to realise you are a bigot. You made that one. Congratulations. Now you must embrace your bigotry as a definitional property of yourself. Recognise yourself as something evil and try not to purge it. Read Jung.

t. nuatheist who "converted" to his own straw man of Christianity ironically after reading a Christ-chan comic

David Graeber - Fragments of an Anarchist Anthropology

Binyavanga Wainaina - One Day I Will Write About This Place