Accidentally got a good size drop of .1M Mercury (I) Nitrate in my mouth during chem lab...

Accidentally got a good size drop of .1M Mercury (I) Nitrate in my mouth during chem lab. It got on my glove and then I wiped my mouth without thinking.

How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/health/guides/poison/mercuric-chloride/overview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F

F

F

F

The origin of the phrase, it's believed, is thathattersreally did go mad. The chemicals used inhat-making includedmercurous nitrate, used in curing felt. Prolonged exposure to themercuryvapors causedmercurypoisoning.

You are now officially
/madsci/

you have been blessed with a sacred gift, and a wretched curse

the future of humanity rests on your silver shoulders OP, i can only hope you are up to the responsibility

Please call poison control in your area. If that stuff gets absorbed into your kidneys you are fucked. I would suggest going to the hospital and don't even bother getting tested, also tell them that it was an inorganic form of mercury so they don't induce vomiting.

Vapor is toxic, liquid itself isn't. Was used as a laxative in the past. Go to a doctor though, can never be too careful.

Holy shit, nitrate. THAT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING

Please don't spread misinformation. This is an inorganic form of mercury. If he really did ingest it it will mess with his intestinal tract and kidneys.

>Fucked

If you had all the videos of people being fucked on the internet...
You would be the fuckededest.

:'(

F

RIP OP...

At least you lead a long fulfilling life and didn't waste it on a weaboo gas guzzling stati-

Oh...

Now that I think about it it was after I added HCl to it so it was HgCl, since I spilled it while carrying it to the centrifuge.

look on the bright side OP, it wasn't dimethylmercury.

nytimes.com/health/guides/poison/mercuric-chloride/overview.html

F

OP, please tell us you're trolling...

OP is dead

That's probably something you want to talk to your lab instructor about.

Not OP but I do postgrad research at my university and I accidentally got a drop of dimethylmercury on my arm during an experiment

It went through my coat but I didnt want to tell anyone because I didnt want people to think Im clumsy, im starting to have a little headache and im getting paranoid, what do?

I don't have any of those symptoms.

>things that didn't happen

This stuff is only used inside a glovebox these days.

you're dead in a few months.

F

F