Is this the greatest american poem of the 20th century?

is this the greatest american poem of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkNp56UZax4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ever putting the words Great and Ginsberg near each other

Yes, considering its artistic impact.
I'd don't personally like it, however.

It's one of the worst things ever written. I do not say that lightly either.

I even kind of like Ginsberg for antagonistic affiliation with NAMBLA. Burroughs is the only beat worth salt in terms of writing. He and Neal Cassady were the only two of the bunch truly dedicated to getting the fuck out of society and staying out permanently as well. Kerouac and to a less extent Ginsberg were just floating posers.

Is it the one with "to the ones that sucked some bikers off"?

i like the kaddish better.

No, that would be the bridge by Hart Crane.
That is only if you don't count Eliot, pound and H.D. as "American" poets.

>""""free""""
>""""""""verse""""""""
>""""""""""""""""""""""""poetry"""""""""""""""""""""""""

You like someone for being a pedophile? Don't cut yourself on that edge.

I'd go with The Idea of Order at Key West, and that's counting the other poets you listed

>I'd don't

Really gets my nogging jogging

Seconding Crane's Bridge, along with the same limitations.

Oi. If you were 4 animator deep, you'd fuck up too. You know what I mean.

It's up there, but there are objectively better Stevens poems. Granted, that poem is what lead me to Stevens' work. He is after all my favorite poet.

It's a fun poem but I'm not sure about "greatest"

What sets Borroughs apart in your opinion?

out of curiosity what is your favorite stevens poem?

Gubbinal

Yes. Whiman for the 19th century, Ginsberg for the 20th.

explain yourself

well it's quite simple, you see I'm retarded

"the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness" or retardation

It was just a joke, my man, I also fuck up when writing.

America is better.

>It's one of the worst things ever written.
You know how I know your opinion now does not matter?

so what if people look like Marlin Brando?

Posting the Poem, for The People (who havent heard) to be The Judge:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkNp56UZax4

I think its silly (read: stupid) to waste time and energy arguing 'greatest, or best' poem: I think the poem is poetically inspiring, and impressive, for its variety (of content, subject matter), stylings, 'passion', vision, breadth, etc.

you're part right. it's stupid to argue whether or not this is the best poem because it's clearly one of the worst.

no prob. We cool man.

No, it's shit.

The greatest is probably Prufrock or the Cantos.

Of course a pseud with bad taste doesn't want to talk about comparative quality

literally
>DUDE WEED LMAO

more like
>i licked a butthole

Pseud.

This is the best! No this is the best! No forget that, this is better! No this is better! whew... that was fun, lets call it a day

My point is; the poem itself is infinities times more significant than the totality of opinions about it. You guys can jerk each other all you want, but the poem still stands there, towering over yall

I said it was stupid to say "this is, or is this the greatest", when there are obviously multitudes of great works in the great works ballpark

The beats were like the slam poets of their time. I'm quite happy to not have an eternal monument to my mediocrity thanks

>I don't know the history of American poetry.

If you say so

>I can lump this entirely original and unique poet into this category, which pretty much equals badness, and just be done with it all: you see that everyone... we know beats equals bad... this poet was associated with the beats... you do the math... all beats poetry equals A... this poet was associated with the beats (the teacher of my teacher coined that name and called them that and then told me to do the same), A equals crap (compared to classics and european poetry), therefore this poet equals A. Its really that simple

Yeah das rite

>also, it is impossible for slam poetry to have any redeemable qualities, certain mediums preclude the possibility of being able to culminate any value. If it was possible for a slam poem to have any poetic, literary values... no it is impossible, because it is slam poem, and by definition, you know... in case you dont, it is impossible for a slam poem to have any value, it is impossible for one associated into the 'beats' category to have poetic value, and it is impossible for anyone who browses pol to not be a retarded misogynist nazi racist

Of course a tripfag is who gets this triggered over the beats being called out

>Of course a tripfag is who gets this triggered over the beats being called out
Of course a non tripfag gets triggered and assumes calm cool and collected rational intelligent btfoing in the form of attempted mockery in hopes of a reply proving my sentiments wrong is 'being triggered' ... lol... "thiissss triggerrred"
always said by someone who gets btfoed "hey... man... your soo triggered... lmao.... I was just jo...well know I wasnt joking... and you were while joking being serious and mocking my non joking statement, but I cant respond to it and back up my initial thoughts so I can only attempt to ad hominem you and deflect from the convo, while again lumping in and using the term 'beats' thinking it has any worthy meaning or value as a term at all, also thinking you care about the term or those who are lumped into it at all, also I cant imagine ever typing more than a paragraph so I see that you have typed more than a paragraph which leads me to believe you must have majorrr butthurt lmao

By the way, Ginsberg is the greatest beat poet, and Howl is the greatest american poem of the 20th century.

Prove me wrong
Pro Tip: suck my wang

Filtered

>Filtered
>unironically, unsarcastically, my loss, sarcastically

I thought that John Shade did a pretty nice poem in the 20th Century.

I guess, until you read Ezra Pound's Cantos.

Kerouac was at least self aware and made the fact that he was a poser the main point of his novels.

>visits greetings-card stores to read the "poetry"

>the greatest american poem of the 20th century
High praise indeed.

Kerouac

moloch and nambla, pizzagate anyone? the roots run deep, the roots run deep.

Not the greatest, but a good one. I personally like Kaddish, America, and A Supermarket in California better.

Then why did you make this post?

>poetry that impresses 16 year old girls
>not frank o'hara
baka

He wasn't a pedophile. He was supporting their right to freedom of speech.

he could do that without joining NAMBLA and speaking at their events. besides nobody said they weren't allowed to voice support for pedophilia, people just said they were twisted bastards for it which is a consequence of freely expressing this type of opinion...