What will vegans eat when its discovered that plants feel pain?

What will vegans eat when its discovered that plants feel pain?

hopefully shitposters like you

Plants don't feel pain but they can get stressed when damaged. It's been shown that they'll release certain chemicals when being attacked by pests to "alert" other nearby plants. It might not be "pain" but it's stress on a form of life. Don't unnecessarily damage plants, but obviously they suffer less than animals since some plants use being eaten as a way to spread seeds around.

Maybe after lab-grown meat is available and veganism becomes pointless because of that, we'll see new kinds of lab-grown plants. Might be interesting.

Also it seems like some plants mainly don't want to be eaten by something that will entirely destroy it and stop it from reproducing like pests or herbivores, but that might not matter to them since we replant their seeds/roots and continue their survival.

Using that argument it should be ok to eat farmed animals.

Vegans usually don't care as much about additionall animal pain as much as they do about environmental impacts associated with animal husbandry / meat production. Cruelty is a secondary concern usually

The difference is that farm animals clearly show that they don't want their necks cut open. It's better for them to be domesticated than to live in the wild, unlike what PETA says. Wild animals suffer greatly all the time, but at least with them being domesticated there's more of a chance of us caring for them.

Who cares. The moment vegans become militant is the moment you get to raise the general population's intelligence by culling them off the face of the planet.

Are you awate cows are not overunity engines?

fug. aware. my fingers are cold because I like washing my hands in icy water.

I don't think vegans are less intelligent. I agree with them that there's a problem with modern food supply but disagree on how to fix it. I think lab-grown meat will do more to help animals because you'll never turn everyone vegan. Although I've seen more than one vegan say they'll start eating meat again when lab-grown meat is available.

You should at least try to understand the people you disagree with instead of just calling them stupid and ignoring everything they have to say.

Has never been the primary case for any vegan I've met.

This is fucking dumb. There is no environmental impact to meat cultivation. You literally let cows walk around and eat grass, then supplement their diet with dirt cheap corn. Their poop doesn't 'go into the rivers' and turn the frogs gay, it is used as fertilizer for crops. Vegans that pretend this is an issue will yell, "Buh buh we could feed africans with the corn!", or "But animals drink a lot of water!", or even "They graze on so much land we could use to plant crops!". The logical response to each of these, in their respective orders is, fuck africans, water evaporates and falls down routinely, the government pays farmers not to plant corn and wheat, so I'm absolutely 100% certain we don't need the flyover land that the cows are using. Fuck vegans. It is ALWAYS about feelings.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Why don't you try to understand the poster you're responding to before presuming he hasn't taken the time to understand vegans and ultimately come to the conclusion that they're stupid? You fucking hypocrite.

>Plants don't feel pain

Have you ever actually grown anything, faggot?

You put a hot ass light on a plant, and it can sense it, and tries to escape it. That's "feelings", pal. When they get attacked by insects, they release chems that attract predators of those insects, again, feelings.

You just don't have the balls to accept the fact that in order to live, you've got to kill, which is why you, and your ilk, should be culled from the gene pool.

Did you only read the first four words of my post and then respond? You said the same thing that I did about the insects, so I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thing. And I'm not a vegan.

Plants obviously dipshit having something resembling a cns doesn't = sentient being

crow

no

Who said I don't understand? I do understand; they're idiots who deserve no attention and should stop posting on Veeky Forums.

Still plants to minimize suffering I guess.

You can't be older than seventeen.

do americans really not eat this?