What does it mean when my belly hurts after drinking a glass of milk? i can consume cheese, icecream, butter...

what does it mean when my belly hurts after drinking a glass of milk? i can consume cheese, icecream, butter, and any other dairy products without any ill effect

it means you have ebola

/ i am a docrot i can confirm that

You need to get gluten free milk

You're an asian subhuman

i confirm awarding docrot degree to this individual

You're lactose intolerant. Cheese, ice cream, and butter have less lactose than fresh milk. There are a few things you can do.

You can try regularly having small amounts of milk so your digestive bacteria adjusts to the lactose. Have a tablespoon of milk every 4-6 hours. If you feel fine with that, increase it to two tablespoons after a few days. Keep adding another tablespoon every few days until you're able to drink a full glass.

If that doesn't work, you need to get lactose-free milk or drink yogurt instead. When yogurt ferments some of the lactose is eaten by the bacteria. People who can't drink milk can sometimes have yogurt since it has less lactose. Switching to goat's milk is also another option since it has less lactose than cow's milk.

that means you're a big boy now and that you should move on from baby food

>he can't digest lactose anymore so he has to make fun of people that can

t. eats babyfood just to feel superior

I don't eat it to feel superior, I eat it because it's nutritious and tastes good. You're the one trying to make others feel inferior.

Scientist theorize milk is one of the last foods humans conditioned their bodies too. We only began domesticating animals for 10,000 years. This is why white people from Europe tend to handle milk no problem, and other races and cultures are lactose intolerant. It simply means your ancestors didn't drink it and they passed their babby genes on to you.

Hurt tummy?
My mom used to give me a glass of milk. Have you tried that?

>can eat anything without problems
>eat yogurt at all and get terrible heartburn

Alright, body.

I'm fine with milk
I'm fine with banana
Eating a banana and chasing it with milk gives me a stomach ache

What did my body mean by this?

That's stupid and terrible advice. Just drink almond milk instead.

Do you eat any other fermented foods? It could be your digestive system adjusting to the influx of live bacteria in the yogurt. If it's the acidity, you might be able to have Greek yogurt because it has less whey which is the acidic part.

What part of it is stupid and terrible?

Too much sugar maybe? 12 oz of milk and one banana is about 32 grams of sugar, or 8 teaspoons. It's not as bad as eating refined sugar but it might still upset your stomach. It depends on how ripe the banana is too. If you like firm and less ripe bananas, combining that with milk which basically turns into cheese in your stomach could be too hard for your body to digest together.

probably the part where you don't go straight to recommending memejuice

Thing is I've been eating yogurt daily for months and this only started happening a couple weeks ago, plus I have no problem with other acidic things like orange juice.

>memejuice

Please return to this board when you stop being 12.

>calling me underage because I know almond milk is a fucking hipster meme
ok son

>person I didn't like does thing so now thing is bad!

Faggots eat food. You eat food. You must love dick in your ass.

It's a different kind of acidity, but maybe you ate too much and it's your body's way of saying eat something else now.

your stomach family probably can't handle it. sometimes you just need more fiber or whatever.

it serves no fucking purpose, it's just the same as fake meat. there's literally no reason for it to exist other than people not accepting their limitations or the limitations of their choices.

With this kind of utilitarian mindset I really hope you aren't eating anything besides plain oatmeal for breakfast and carefully measuring every single physical movement you make to ensure optimal calorie burning.

Ice cream is mostly milk tho

Good ice cream will have more cream than milk, and it's usually eaten in smaller servings than how much milk someone would drink, so you get less lactose. Most lactose intolerant people can handle a small amount of it, they just have trouble digesting larger amounts.

Not at all
Good ice cream is good ice cream
10% or 16% milk fat means shit all, what matters for a good product is good ingredients and air content.

True, you can have high fat ice cream with a bad texture or other issues. But a lot of cheaper ice creams will have more milk and less cream, and thickeners to mimic the rich and creamy texture although it just ends up with a thick but still watery texture instead. You can still have a good quality product made with more milk but for the most part good ice creams will use more cream (it's in the name after all) and people will consider the richer and creamier ice creams to be better too.

High fat content being desirable depends on your area for the most part, if you live in hot areas lower fat contents are better in most situations than high fat content and colder areas can handle high fat content better.

But anyways 'gelato' manages to be creamy despite being 5% dairy fat, it just has 30% overrun which makes it seem creamy.

if the first thing you consume in the morning is a glass of any cold drink, it can feel rather uncomfortable

>eat yogurt
>fucking love yogurt
>the back of my mouth starts to feel tingly every time I have some
>worried I cant eat yogurt anymore

What does it mean when my whole body feels tired and I can't keep my eyes open when I drink one(1) glass of milk?

Honestly, I'd probably throw in the towel and kill myself if I became lactose intolerant. I drink milk almost everyday of my life. Fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk are one of the few pure joys in life.

Take a benadryl

you ever get that feeling with a large milkshake? then it might be a mild lactose intolerant

>neighbor installs wifi
>suddenly get headaches
shall i sue him

It could just feel tingly from the acidity. Usually allergic reactions will be itchy and unpleasant, not just tingly.

The milk in ice cream has been cooked, that probably affects it in some way. Ice cream is typically a frozen mixture of cooked custard.

>you are lactose intolerant
Wow thanks Internet doctor! You surely aren't just confirming a placebo symptom that was placed in his head by people like you in the first place, he most definitely, for sure, 100% certainty, by all means, IS lactose intolerant ! Milk is poison and murder and girder!

2/3 people are lactose intolerant so it's a pretty good guess, and what he's describing is common among people who are lactose intolerant. It would've been pretty silly of me to say "it's all in your head, keep drinking milk".

I never said anything against milk either, not sure if you assumed I was anti-milk so that's why you got so hostile. If you had read the rest of my post you would see that I didn't tell him to stop completely drinking milk.

This seems like an overreaction to suggesting that someone is lactose intolerant, I hope that if something else in your life is bothering you and making you randomly lash out at people on the food & cooking board on Veeky Forums that things get better for you.

2/3 are lactose intolerant around the world, and it's a useless statistics because most lactose intolerant people are Asian and African. European descendant, or some groups of "white people"( no /pol/ intended, please) which make up a significant amount portion of this website ( given the racial proportion of Europe and America [i.e. most of this imageboard]) are not lactose intolerant. Besides, the flood of (mis)information on the health effects of food is so huge nowdays that the average person could easily misinterpret an unrelated tummy ache as being lactose intolerance. The best advice you could give is " go to a doctor, you MIGHT be lactose intolerant"

By the way, my "overreaction" comes from Dr cletus giving medical advice like he is qualified just because he read a couple of papers at best

Oh I'm sorry, let me throw you an easy one so you have a chance to reply to the basic common sense argument of "you are not a doctor :

>REEEEEE I HATE DEM VEGANS EAT SOME MEAT BACON BACON REEEEEE

Do you prefer the strawman? I can tell this is the kind of post you like to reply to, given your last paragraph

I'm also lactose intolerant. Shit came out of no where. I love milk. I used to drink about a half gallon a day. The only decent tasting lactose free milk I've found is fairlife. Its actually really good. The whole milk taste like regular 2 percent. Which isn't bad.

Jesus, you're quite a man to be reckoned with, aren't you?

Hurt feelings? Cry about it in /pol/ faggot.

It's not that difficult to figure out if you are. Drink milk irregularly. If on those days you end up with really bad gas, the shits, or in some people really bad heart burn than chances are your lactose intolerant.

....or not. Just go to the doctor, op, don't listen to these self diagnosed ignorangutangus. Or do , you dont want to be a " carnist " right?

>Or do , you dont want to be a " carnist " right?
What are you even talking about?

>or do (listen to these self diagnosed ignorangutangus) (because) you dont want to be a carnist (mocking your quickness to diagnoss a guy with lactose intolerance by implying it was based on extreme poorly resarched vegan views)

reading comprehension man

"it" refers to your quickness to diagnoss a guy with lactose intolerance in case you`re wondering

And by poorly researched vegan views you mean that most people are lactose intolerant and drinking milk will give them a stomachache? That has nothing to do with veganism. I'm not really sure you keep bringing up "carnists" and veganism, it's really strange. Only one person is a possible vegan who suggested OP drinks almond milk, but you keep bringing it up in responses to people who didn't say anything about milk being inherently bad or suggesting a vegan alternative. You're just as bad as the preachy vegans you're complaining about. Maybe OP can't or doesn't want to go to a doctor for whatever reason, so we're helping him as best we can. You're just shitposting about vegans for no reason and saying everybody is stupid. It's really weird man.

And it sounds like OP has been dealing with this for a while if he realizes that it's only milk giving him a stomachache. It doesn't seem like he drank a glass of milk once and got a stomachache and then posted here.

gluten has been proved to have almost the same malicious effects on the average person as alcohol. If you actually read studies instead of parroting the daily wire you would know that

It means you are a non white race

>most people are lactose intolerant and drinking milk will give them a stomachache
We`ve been over this...
please stop ignoring posts than are not just strawman

>We`ve been over this...
Yeah and you assumed that OP is a white European which you believe means he can't be lactose intolerant for some reason. Not all white Europeans can digest lactose, even though they're more likely to be able to than other groups, it's not 100%.

God dammit i was abundantly clear when i said it was LIKELY he was not lactose intolerant based on ethnic majority AND the lactose free diet fad that preaches milk is pooison (even on this board). I even ended with YOU MIGHT BE LACTOSE INTOLERANT BUT ASK A DOCTOR.
But it seems like someone identified as the ignorangutangus.

YOU are the one who categorically said "you are lactose intolerant"

Sounds like you're just frustrated with people who say milk is bad for you so you're taking out your frustration with name-calling and sarcasm on random people in unrelated threads who aren't saying milk is bad for you. I'll agree with you that it's silly to say milk is bad for everyone, but I think you're being too emotional and it's making you act obnoxious. I even gave OP instructions to see if his body can handle lactose by having small amounts of milk and increasing the amount after a while, I didn't tell him that he's lactose intolerant and to just give up like you seem to think. That's most likely what a doctor would tell him to do anyway, since running other tests apparently take hours and probably aren't cheap to do, and involve fasting/blood tests. OP might not want to do all that.

You're kind of just nitpicking what I said anyway and paranoid about anti-milk people. It's unhealthy to think that way and get stressed to the point of lashing out at random people. I just posted in this thread to help OP, you turned me into someone you have a problem with and acted rudely over and over. I hope you can calm down and speak from a higher place eventually because right now you just seem like someone who's in a pit of mud flinging it at random people who walk by.

>the american version of that pic

tl;dr