>Take several CS courses in community college
>Accounting Manager convinced me to take accounting classes
>"They will get you a job quicker"
>Spend a couple of semesters taking accounting classes
>Hate it
>Go back and do general classes
>Have kid, now harder
>Still want to give it a shot and at least have a bar for son to reach

Is it too late for me? Whats the "why are you even trying" age? Should I bother going to a university at all?

Always hear it's never too late, but sometimes I feel that I should just give it up. Always loved Math and Science and was learning on my own on Khan (went from basic to intermediate algebra in a couple of months).

I just dont want to waste resources for other, more promising students that can actually make a difference.

this is not your blog
it is also not /adv/

>Reminder: Veeky Forums is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Damn OP, these two are tough with the rules. I'll tell you this, a 32 y/o graduated as an EE at the same time as me, and he's making his nice 85k a year now two years later.

I suppose they are right, even though I've seen more irrelevant threads on here, but whatever.

Just hope to one day join in the discussion of Math on here in a few years.

Modafinil and fucking do it.

It's never too late man, if you're willing to put in the time then you can make it happen. If you are unable to, then there is simply no one else to blame but yourself.

Sadly, it is also important for me to be honest and say that you have already made choices in your life that have drastically lowered your probability of notable financial or career success. The world is not made to be easy for anyone, and your actions have only further entrenched your struggles. What you need to do now is to be the absolute best father you can be for your son, you need to be present and attentive, you need to listen and believe in his hopes and aspirations. You need to moderate his life through guidance and caring. You have to find meaning in your failings and come to understand that what you were unable to successfully do is the exact thing you now must navigate your child through. Life is a shitty as it gets, but no matter your age there is always room to learn and grow.

will do.

Its never too late man, the first time I went to college I failed out the very first semester. But I went back and now im killing it with a high GPA and good job prospects for the future. It's all about figuring out the long term of what you want to do, if you want to do something that requires a 4 year degree than by all means go for it but thats not for everyone. I know in my area there's a huge job deficit for Machining which is a 2-year technical degree. People are leaving those programs with jobs in hand paying 48k a year which is a lot better than what some people are getting coming out of 4 year programs. You just have to figure out what feels right for you. If I were you I'd stop by my local community college's technical program office (that's what mine was called, your area may have a different name for their programs) and talk to advisers and maybe people in the program and see if you like it; and then do the same at your closest 4 year college for the engineering department or whatever your interested in.

and stuff all that "I just dont want to waste resources for other, more promising students that can actually make a difference" talk. You have to believe in yourself bro, you ARE that more promising student. Do it for your kid. Drive the change you want to see in your own life.

There is a 50 year old woman in my undergrad math program. She got an english degree years ago and decided to come back to uni, and now she's working on getting published.. not to mention doing pretty well in her classes.

Don't put a limitation on yourself.

It's only too late if you say it's too late.. Please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way but don't be a pussy. When you get into school and you try hard, especially at a community college, you will find that there are a lot of saps who are "wasting resources". Listen, don't make the mistake of doubting yourself. If you go into college and apply yourself in a relevant field and make something out of it, then you worked the system for what it's worth and made your time there valuable. If you go to uni and decide to piss off with some of the other morons that are taking up space, then yes, you will waste resources.

I understand your frustration. I am almost 26 years old and only a semester or two through college. Sometimes I get a case of the fuckits and feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Fuck that dude, I'm finishing college if it's the last thing I do. I want to do compsci or some sort of software engineering and I want to build IT architecture for spaceships, whatever that means,,, Either way I want to have something to do with man's fascination toward space. Is it too late? Only if I decide that it is.

OP, you seem like a man who can handle that shit. Go for it brah.

If you don't haven't completed your undergrad by 22, 24 at the ABSOLUTE latest you don't stand a chance.

Better start learning how to force a smile while you ask "would you like fries with that?"

Enjoy your 60hr work week at minimum wage you fucking degenerate loser. God poor people should just kill themselves so my taxes stop going up.

CS grad here.

At least 1/4 of my classes in undergrad were full of 30+ yo people. Go for it, OP.

What have you been doing for the last 14 years after high school?

You're supposed to be dicking around at junior college at 22, not 32, but if you are in 100-115 IQ, and just want a comfortable, boring, and moderate income job, finish you fucking accounting classes. Book keeping is just one of those things that every company, big, and small, needs. Sure, some of it is going to get outsourced in the future, but it's such a universal thing that you'll never be unemployed. You'll never get rich, but you'll make ends meet, be able to support your family, and have some fucking pride.

If you're not particularly interested in anything specific, and not particularly GOOD at anything specific by 32, then you are almost certainly not going to get rich based on some special talent--it would have manifested itself already. You're not going to be a research scientist. I suppose you could do IT if you enjoy that stuff.

Barring something you haven't told us, I would suggest IT or accounting. You can get a job in those fields with a degree from a non-prestigious institution. You need to get the fuck out of community college when all of your prereqs are finished though.

>I just dont want to waste resources for other, more promising students that can actually make a difference.
Shuuuut the fuck up, faggot.

Oh, and what are you community college grades like?

>Shuuuut the fuck up, faggot.
Why the homophobia?

白左

You never will, fucking old ass brainlet

Please, either help him or don't, but don't spam your fucking autistic disability, it's embarassing

>Post on Veeky Forums
>Get called a faggot
What did you think was gonna happen?

>I just dont want to waste resources for other, more promising students
> that can actually make a difference

Fuck them; do what benefits you and your family. If you feel its not too late and plan to give it 100% then its not too late. 1/2 of those younger fags will most likely end up failing anyway.

A family member of mine went back to do his doctorate and he is in his 50s. You will definitely have trouble learning as quickly as younger students, but you will also have better priorities and hopefully a better work ethic. Just focus on what you plan on getting out of the studies, realistically, and stick with it. Good luck.