Is this worth reading or is it a meme?

Is this worth reading or is it a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VFZ-0ZIuwi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its a meme. sun tzu lost the war while writting his book, its unfinished and outdated

shit bro it's so good, before I read it my infantry:chariot ratios were WAY off.
and I feel a little ashamed to admit it but I may have led one or two charges...uphill. *cringe* I know, I know.
this book is an invaluable well of information completely relevant to life.

I don't think it says anywhere in the art of war that you should be writing a book instead of waging a war, mister faggot.

bump

youtu.be/VFZ-0ZIuwi8

It's ok. Just a collection of generic proverbs, like most Chinese 'philosophy'

It only takes a few minutes to read without commentary.

Quick read / looks impressive

Read Clausewitz, Tao, or Stoics instead all discuss strategy.

i like

it's a meme

if you have nothing better to do

[citation needed]

Why can't it be both?

read it in the original chinese

Yeah it's a bit of a meme, but hey, i mean it helped me during the sieges during the Trojan war but man other than that it's too short and a bit too similar to Bruce Lee type preaching, probably plagiarised a lot of stuff from him.

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!" Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it! And then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor! Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he herded them onto a boat and then he beat the crap out of every single one!

And from that day forward, anytime a bunch of animals are together in one place, it's called a zoo!

Unless it's a farm!

unless you're going to spend a month reading about broader notions of strategy, fate, power, and cosmology in the Western Zhou and Warring States periods in order to make sense of a phrase like "you've already lost if you have to start fighting" as an expression of fundamentals notions of the world by Chinese cultural thought, and not fortune cookie wisdom, probably not.

idk man just play Shogun: Total War

you know I was glad of the absence of active trip fags for the past year or two but now I'm thinking maybe they help redirect a lot of the ambient rage on here, might keep /pol/ /counterpol/ spam down. I mean there was like a three week period where a Sam Hyde thread never left the front page

It's short enough that it doesn't matter if it's a meme, read it just to see what it's all about.

worth reading.

>I didn't sleep for three weeks
I don't believe you.

It's still shit.
t. Chinese as native language

Also, most Chinese classics are heavily bloated and full of platitude.

This.

And this too.

You haven't read any of them at all
t. same as you pleb

This. 红楼梦 and 聊哉志异 all the way. What a pseud.