Tfw rejected for publication again

>tfw rejected for publication again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." - Mao Zedong

Fuck off and sage.

don't mind if I just slide on in here in order to bump this high quality thread

Same. I got my 25th rejection last month and it's basically killed my drive to write. Not because "much fame" but because 25 rejections from 25 publishers seems a pretty clear indication that my writing blows.

How can you be "rejected" in 2017

Just fucking publish it in the Internet yourself, stupid mong.

At least you can simply send in a manuscript and get a rejection.
It's a lot harder in the world of music, unless you're some sort of shitty electronic producer who doesn't make real music. But actual musicians will have a shit life of forever making money for other people and that's even IF they "make it". The ones who don't make it will still be used by club promoters to sell drinks while sleeping in a van or working day jobs.

It would be so, so much better if one could just send in a demo and then wait for a rejection letter. But you're expected to "pay your dues" which some poor fools end up paying forever.

And there are plenty of old fucks in the world of literature who never let go of their dreams, but if you've got a number of rejections under your belt and you still choose to not give up, that's your fault. In the music world, no one is ever going to reject you outright because there's always a chance they might want to use you for something later.

Is that Seth Putnam?

>shitty electronic producer who doesn't make real music

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY

Maybe if you weren't a shitty musician this wouldn't happen :^) Try making electronic music, you might do much better with it!

Why do you post in all my topics? When I publish my magnum opus, I will not share the not with you.

autistic guy who goes by ulililia
not like, Veeky Forums autistic but proper legit autist
check out his youtube vids on the bubsy games

How do you send in to get a publisher? Everyone's site always say not to send in and they expect you to have an agent.

What kind of music are you making?
I'm a contemporary composer and a virtuoso pianist, and I'm on your boat too.
2 years ago I said to myself ''fuck it'' and abandoned the delusion of making money with my compositions, and started giving lessons to kids to pay my rent.

Winning composition contest, having your music played, writing tons of essays, nothing works. Either you sell out (and you will quickly find out that there is no limit to how much can you dumb your music down, Einaudi is a good example of that) or you'll starve.

Do the same things mate. Teach 4-5 hours everyday your instrument of choice and compose music without thinking not even for a second about earning money.

Of not fame, why do you care if your writing "blows"?

Where the fuck do you send your manuscript to?

Are you writing to publish or writing because you're obsessed?

A lot of great writers had a hard time getting published.
I'm pretty sure Gass struggled for years getting Peterson Kid published, and that's like the greatest short story of all time.

just like beckett

believe in your dreams, user

But you literally can. You can just send a demo to any label.

Magazines i'd assume?

Bump

He's not actually autistic though, just OCD lol

yeah man, you really make REAL MUSIC!!! Rock surely rocks! I love AC/DC :-DD

it's a lot easier to find an agent than get accepted by a publisher. did you get any positive feedback?

I got a string of really kind rejections a few weeks ago. All of them said that while they wouldn't be publishing my story/representing me, they were really interested in my work all the same.

It's something, I guess. Maybe I'm close.

speak for yourself fucko, i just got my first acceptance.

Yeah, that's close. If they say anything at all to you, aside from form rejection, they are genuinely being nice to you and trying to encourage you.

Even if they say some nasty things about your work, keep in mind they're taking time out of their day to say SOMETHING, and any of these emails can be honestly interpreted as, "I like it, but doesn't fit, or I'm just not in love with it."

In any case....there's people who write their whole lives who never get a rejection like this, so feel lucky.