Notebooks & Journals

Are there any Veeky Forums approved notebooks and/or journals? How about pens?

What are some of your favorites? Feel free to post pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=12&Sub=47
twitter.com/AnonBabble

as well as bic ball point pens.

I use a composition book and a pen I asked my mom if I could borrow.

If you use a fancy pen or some kind of fancy journal you're a pseud.

Vanities.

I got an A5 spiral bound blank page pad from muji with an erasable pen to go with it. More freedom than a lined one, especially as my writing is so small I fit what a normal person would put on A4 in that size. I've filled just over half the pages and the pen's almost out of ink; would probably be exactly the right amount of ink for the book if I had bigger handwriting.

Bic is GOAT, yeah.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy. I just remember seeing a similar thread on here a while ago that had some good recs, but I don't remember what they were.

Writing on blank pages is so weird for me. I can do it without lines just fine, but as soon as I start thinking about it, I mess up.

I think they do it without lines too, I picked it up on a whim while looking at their scent diffusion things. It's nothing fancy, just quality materials with a minimalist aesthetic. It fits perfectly in my pocket, is easy to write to the edges on and despite a couple of years wear and tear from being carried around like that is still in good condition.

I think it may be A6, not A5.
muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=12&Sub=47

*with, not without

I use a half a 25 cent school notebook and the fountain pen I got as a gift from my mother when I was younger.

Bics are good but I miss the smoothness of other pens.
It's a shame that mechanical pencils aren't great for writing, visually, because I love to use them.

>Worrying about "Lit approved"
As long as you have a booklet/notebook of paper and a pen, then you're all set.

Evernote

thanks for reminding me! i'm going to muji now! i have to get something . ahhhhhhhhhh i'm so excited :))))))!!!!!!!

jk not now but soon soon

Pretty much this, although I use pads of lined ringbinder paper. If I like what I wrote on the page and consider it relevant, into one of my ringbinders it goes. If I hate it, into the trash.

I like the ballpoints with four colours because I can keep separate thoughts separate by colour coding them.

actualy nvm GOING NOW!!!!!!=D IM SO EXCITED

I've been using a Leuchtturm medium softcover lately. I like it.

Bic are objectively great but that thin, cheap paper is so shitty. A composition book or a legal pad works better if you want to go the cheap way.

Picadilly notebooks are knock off moleskine with paper that is thicker so you can use wet ink pens with no ghosting. They're sold at bookstores and maybe a few other places. Go to a stationary store/office supply and just look for pages that aren't so thin that you can only use one side of every page.

I've always had a fetish for notebooks, there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't get into the bullshit fountain pen stuff.

Just bought an A6 pocket sized LEUCHTTURM1917. Its nice, like a moleskin but with thicker paper.

Leuchtturm is just the best

i've been really enjoying clairefontaine roki books

Leuchtturm 1917 + Pilot Metropolitan is a nice, affordable combo.

I hate all the ghosting (seeing the writing through the other side of the page). Otherwise it is the best notebook.