So, do engineers really make less than "real mathematicians" or are you anons just cherrypicking data?

So, do engineers really make less than "real mathematicians" or are you anons just cherrypicking data?

I have an MS Math and I never understood all the engineer hate on this board. I had cohorts in grad school who did electrical or aerospace engineering for undergrad.
Some of the most influential mathematicians of all time had engineering degrees. Claude Shannon, von Neumann, Cauchy.

>or are you anons just cherrypicking data?

its a meme

we just shit on engineers because they're socially awkward and think they're hot shit for doing trivial problems

Because the vast majority of engineering students don't actually care about their fields and just fell for the "muh money" meme. They always complain about how hard their mathematics courses are and how "unfair" their professors are for giving them slightly challenging exams. Fuck em.

Most engineers are "chads" though.

There is no money in engineering though

*breath in* Wrong

This. Never understood the "engineers are nerds" meme. Most of them go to the gym and none of them are virgins.

>none of them are virgins.
It's pretty much impossible to be a virgin if you've been in university for more than a semester

f-fuck you

delet this

t. guy who thinks HS move party scenes are reality

>t. guy who thinks HS move party scenes are reality
what do high school movies have to do with my post?

I mean, are you some kind of retard? You can easily find statistical salary data on pretty much every imaginable job position. Why would you ask this question here?

Thirding this. Nowadays engineering is the pathway for higher IQ Chads (especially mechanical or civil/structural). It requires intelligence, it can be fairly hands on, you are forced to work in teams at all times, and you make money.

There's still a big percentage of trackpants wearing autists in it, but it's crazy how the demographic of engineers has shifted.

To make an inflammatory thread of x vs y.

Tell that to the 10s(100s maybe) of thousands of people with engineering degrees who got it from some dumpster school then started at high 5 or low 6 figures while doing essentially nothing challenging.

The idea that its "pretty much impossible" to be in uni and be a virgin only makes sense if you think everyone shows up to uni starts drinking and starts banging re HS movie party scene.

You need more than one internship to get you a job doing shit. You mean to tell me math majors start doing interesting shit with just an undergrad degree? Nigga please.

>The idea that its "pretty much impossible" to be in uni and be a virgin only makes sense if you think everyone shows up to uni starts drinking and starts banging re HS movie party scene.
Which staunchly conservative uni did you go to where this didn't happen?

This. The chaddest guy I know is a chemical engineer and flew on Boeing test flights.

Super nice dude too, great friend.

>engineer detected

Just because you need internships (which are designed for brainlets), doesn't detract that there is money in engineering.

It's just clueless math/physics undergrads reacting to insufferable engineering undergrads. I don't think any serious person in these areas would disagree with you.

second this

pls respond i want to apply there for grad
t. surrounded by normies at state uni

Nowhere in my post did I say there wasn't any money in engineering. Depending where you live, an entry level engineer will make above average starting salary to a lot of other careers doing entry level stuff. I'm just saying it'd be hard for an engineer to start working doing cool shit straight of undergrad.

Engineers make shit salary compared to economists,lawyers, doctors and every over respected higher education field that is out to make money

i-is this the norm?

>people with bachelors make shit compared to people with specialized doctorates and jobs directly pertaining to finances

wOw thanks for the insight

What do "real mathematicians" even do that makes them so much money? Last I checked, professors don't really make that much money unless they have tenure.

>chad is a nice guy and great friend
Yeah what's up with this? Every "Chad" I've met has always been really friendly and fun to be around. Nothing like the "bully" stereotype.

> "bully" stereotype.
That's called a "Brad".

That's because you're a [spoiler]cuck[/spoiler].

No, Yang.
Now go get killed by Terrahu Ackbar again.