Why is rationalism demonized?

why is rationalism demonized?

I haven't seen any actual arguments against it, just a lot of ad hominem "le edge atheist" screencaps etc.

Why don't you read some literature rather than relying on Veeky Forums for an education.

By pointing out my hypocrisy, you have answered my question.

What do you mean exactly? For example, full rationalism isn't possible if you read the literature on neuroscience and psychology
Or do you mean it only in the sense of a scientific mindset? That doesn't free us from cognitive biases

Also it seems rationalism can come at a cost. It requires rigid minds, from what've read but don't count me on it, which means lesser creativity.

There is evidence, some by Baren-Cohen, that autistic people are more rational and logical, very good at figuring out mechanistic stuff, but bad in other areas.

it is only as an aesthetic phenomenon that existence and the world are eternally justified

idk why rationalism and atheism is connected

rationalism is what created the theory of the natural law

its connected to deism if anything

>hurr durr le A E S T H E T I C S muh philosophistry

what do you mean by rationalism?

>why is rationalism demonized?
>I haven't seen any actual arguments against it, just a lot of ad hominem
If you always explain yourself so well, I'd say it's demonized because people think you're retarded.

ITT: insecure godtards with no front teeth.

>godtards

Because we need religion to keep stupid people from doing stupid things

rationalism isn't demonized. it's the default, in todays world. and it is folly, because it has become an ideology full of misleading assumptions.

thus to reject rationalism is not to say that you reject rationality, or reason.

people are becoming more critical of materialist paradigms because they're becoming more and more obviously fraught with failure. simply put, they don't really work. naturally people look elsewhere.

Because it is literally Demonic.

>"le edge atheist"
In this case it's not rationalism that is demonized, just naive scientism.
You're regular internet atheism equates reason with common sense, back his beliefs with pop-science and makes big metaphysical statements while thinking that what he is saying is 100% rational.

Looking at Materialism in the context of Gnosticism is extremely troubling. It would make Materialism THE avenue for worshiping the Demiurge. The tautology, the reductionism, the apparently inexplicable resistance to both empirical and rational ideas that empower Humanity, the refusal to include a single person into any and all models unless they are figuratively killed; neither of which conform to the supposed goals of Materialism, all of which make sense if we interpret it as a Mental prison.

This is your brain on America.

>christian values

Those are atheists being sarcastic

>rationalism
>atheism
you're confused friend
empiricism/skepticism are more up your alley

Everyone's incompetent

Nietzsche disproved rationalism back in the eigthies.

I'm an American atheist and I find it hard to believe this is both real and sincere.

bump

Really nice.

how to deal with it? I'm an atheist in rehabilitation, but even though I want to have faith, the materialistic mind makes me start having doubts

>having doubts is bad

why are dogmacucks so coward?

That's not the point. The point is that faith is irreconciliable with doubt. You can struggle with your faith, but if you have doubts by definition you don't have faith.

They don't realize it but the answer is in Post-Structuralism and Wittgenstein.
Logic is always reliant on semantics and as such limited by the inadequacy of language to represent reality