Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/davidson/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, and you can't prove it either.

Unfalsifiable waste of time.

ask yourself honestly

can you even prove solipsism?

like art

Yes, that's why you should only read what you enjoy and not get spooked by the canon.

>when you try to bait but forget it's not pol9k

i cant but others have presented convincing arguments against solipsism.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/davidson/

i often ask myself what this despooked enjoyment is supposed to look like. What is the source of the despooked man's pleasure ?

You have a spooked man deriving pleasure "by association" from canon, bragging rights.. vanity. Of course also learning some useful life lesson here and there

Then you have a despooked man.. well how does that work anyways, Would a despooked man ever read the canon just for vanity? Utilitaristically so to speak?

confused

No bait

This assumes I buy into commonly accepted philosophical language games. Irony intended.

So I'd rather hear it in your own words and without any isms if you know what I meanism.

I can disprove anyone elses claim of solipsism to myself

This.

If he really enjoys the bragging rights, sure. A despooked man is just lad who is aware of the games he opts into rather than getting tricked into playing and forgetting the rules are made up.

I know that I am conscious and what it is like to conscious. Others act as if they are also conscious. Why should I assume that they are not and I am uniquely conscious?

>tfw too smart for reality

I mean who are you even asking?

hypothetically someone else could but I can't

>can you even disprove solipsism?

Of course not, but this doens't tell me anything about its implications.

>Boy's first attemp at philosophy
How do I know youre 17?

I don't even understand why this is considered such a tough nut to crack by some. Which is likelier, that there are 7 billion robots/simulations that act as if they are conscious and you happen to be the only real mind, or that you are only one of many?

If baiting, than hats off to you, this is very good. If not you should consider killing yourself.

What's likeliness have to do with anything

then* :^)

>Which is likelier, that there are 7 billion robots/simulations that act as if they are conscious and you happen to be the only real mind, or that you are only one of many?

Both are absurd prospects that have no right to be

I assume what is meant is the genre(s) one enjoys, else one winds up re-reading the same few books again and again..

Scientism at work
Kill you are self

Groovy

Very well said.

How about because it can't hold up to basic empiricism? We gain our ideas based on impressions of the world and we can't call to imagination anything that isn't drawn from that experience in some way (we can imagine a lion head on a giraffe body, but not without first knowing giraffe and lion). If we had no prior experience of some world in any form we wouldn't have the sufficient capacity to imagine a world out of nowhere. So by necessity, the world and everything in it must exist independent of our individual thoughts.
d-did I explain that correctly anons?