Be completely honest now...

Be completely honest now. Is there anyone on Veeky Forums whose output (pieces of writing or criticism) you have considered to be of the highest quality?

Don’t say:

>oh, there is only shit here, nobody has ever done anything good, etc, etc.

(However says this is either being insincere, or has never paid much attention to the critic threads, or only lurks here once in a while)

Or

>that time Pynchon posted in here

(There was no prove that Pynchon never posted in here, and to be frank I myself don’t find Pynchon that much of a great writer. Extremely intelligent? Yes, no doubt. Someone with a real literary gift? Is debatable)

I am not talking only about writer who work with English. People who posted their translated material also count.

I am mostly interested in the opinion of people who have been hanging around here for quite a while, people who might have saved some good material from years ago.

pic is click-bait

Other urls found in this thread:

4poet.tumblr.com/
warosu.org/lit/thread/5776861
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen some legitimately brilliant readers on here that offered better insights into books and philosophers than most of my professors.
When it comes to the actual fiction of people here I've never read much that couldn't fit in a post and I can't judge much based on that.
This is a literature board, not a writers board

i've seen some cool witticisms, stylish bantz and fun copypasta desu

I quite like this Anonymous fellow I've been seeing everywhere.

Any nice old posts to share?

aww, thanks

it's very exhausting to write so much every day. glad someone noticed

imm an absolute litersry noob, so my opinion isn't very differentiated. but i've got some constructive criticsm on the stuff i posted that i found helpful.

yes. I don't know there names but the most fun I have on Veeky Forums is when I give my opinion to aspiring writers. I once turned down an offer to be a beta reader(elsewhere) I kind of regretted it and this is a kind of informal way of doing the same. + since I don't know any of the people involved than Im less likely to be butthurt because my idea was not used. I have read a lot of excerpts here that were amazing and my only concern was if such quality could be sustained over the course of a book. I also sometimes read low quality published books and I must say I have seen things here that are miles ahead of published work, which reinforced my view that marketing and connections are the major part of being a successful writer

I think he will go far but won't amount to anything

me

Seriously, do you have a single example of that?

Funny enough I've seen a good amount of legitimate philosophical discussion that went way beyond greentexted sarcastic non-arguments. However ive seen very little legitimate literary criticism, I would even say out right wrong or weak criticism is rare. Its unfortunate because I think it has a lot to do with being vulnerable and this board really suppresses that.

anyone wanna post their favorite lit oc writing they saved and turn this into a best of lit thread

op here. That was the original idea

Just don’t post comical posts, ironical posts. People here tend to say “10/10” and things like that only to clear satirical stuff, but never to material that is indeed great and serious.

okay well i have nothing saved

but gomorrah is obligatory. probably the best writer to come out of lit. then again i havent been here in quite a while and i never pay attention to the oc threads.

4poet.tumblr.com/

get the ball rolling

same here, give examples or link to threads plz

>get the ball rolling

When skies are sick with flu and cold fever
And the veins of the clouds vitrify;
When the spongy blood-cells of the mist crystallize in pearls
And the sick sun wraps itself in foggy blankets,
Then the atmosphere dissolves in diamonds
And the firmament fragments in flour of frost.
So begins the trembling sowing of the winter skies
That covers the wheat and rye fields;
The vineyards where bunches of ruby tadpoles
And tint embryos get fat with sugar;
The dark sea that spark and hisses with salt
And belch foam in the eternal heartburn of the waves;
The herds that are grouped together to share warmth;
The concrete skeletons of the cities
And the black urban asphalt of the roads;
The houses of brick and the buildings of steel;
Cars, streetlights, parks, churches;
The cemeteries where bones and memory sleep:
So begins the silent sprinkling of the winter skies,
The spectral rain of whiteness that covers the whole universe of the surface -
The epidermis of the world who gazes towards the sky
In vain inquiry and confused admiration -
With the ghost that infinity bled as covers,
The glacial shroud that entombs life in a desert of tasteless sugar.

Original thread in the archives:

warosu.org/lit/thread/5776861

It was a great thread btw

icycalm posts here sometimes, he's pretty keen

bump

Someone post that mira bf burn

seconding this

There's an old thread called hall of champions or something, a picture of a red throne in a. Golden hall(?), it was like 300 posts of Veeky Forums's best OC but I can't find it on waruso.