So what exactly would Gandalf's plan had been, had the party stuck together all the way to Mordor...

So what exactly would Gandalf's plan had been, had the party stuck together all the way to Mordor? The book points out that the way Frodo and Sam end up entering Mordor through Shelob's lair was a bad idea and that Gandalf wouldn't have approved, but what the fuck WOULD Gandalf had had them done? What would the company do once they reached the main gate?

Used those goddamn eagles

Gandalf also thought Moria was a bad idea but he had to go in anyway.

>Leeroy through the main gate
>drop the ring
>get wiped
>get a 50 fucking DKP minus
>have some chicken

honestly that was pretty dumb. There was really no other way to get to the southern half of middle earth? I mean, sure they were pressed for time, but then they spend a fucking month or whatever jerking off with the elves immediately after Moria. I feel like the elves would have had a better way to get them as far as Rohan at least.

He was counting on the king of Gondor not being such a dick

What was his tax policy?

>50 dkp minus
I appreciate that reference.

MORE DOTS

You'd think Boromir'd have tipped him off

Teleport into the real world and come back with Tolkein's old army buddies to blast a Somme-sized crater into Middle Earth.

Is Shelob anyone else's waifu?

I like them mature. Ungoliant is more my type

Teleported them to the goal, that ring-burning thingy?
Oh wait, his magic powers are limited. By what? By the needs of the narration of course.

>By what? By the needs of the narration of course.
Actually, by the order of the Valar.

/thread

O-ok. I just got scholard cuz I havent read the books, I just watch the movies like 6 times in 2 different languages.
Tfw I wont ever be able to read the books without remembering everything from the movies.
Fuck.

FUCK!

Watched*

Either he would have known a different passage into Mordor or he'd choose the way Frodo and Sam took, despite Shelob. It's not like getting all the way into the heart of the enemy is supposed to be easy and safe.

Maybe this will help

I think that it's fair to say that Gandalf would have known about some long-forgotten passage through.