Why is there no sticky here? I wanna master cooking, but can't without a proper sticky

Why is there no sticky here? I wanna master cooking, but can't without a proper sticky.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hSjOgcXDY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off don't start this shit up again.

Because surprisingly enough, Veeky Forums doesn't like to spoonfeed retards.

Where do I start though?

google cookbook recipes

cook recipe

practice to see what techniques you like and what you like for taste and adjust your recipes accordingly

there, you have enough unless you're a braindead faggot, and that's all anyone would come to a consensus on anyway

now fuck off

Good Eats with Alton Brown
Jamie's Food Revolution
Culinary Artistry Andrew Dornenburg

That should be enough to get you started. Any more than this and
>lurk more

Seconded on Dornenburg

READ WORDS SON, then practice.

Foodwishes.com

God bless you anons

if you think what you need to master cooking is a sticky on Veeky Forums- you're never going to master cooking

>no sticky info about kitchen essentials for those who have just moved into a new home and are looking for kitchen supplies
>no sticky info about what makes a good kitchen a good kitchen
>no sticky for good websites about

The vast majority of people on Veeky Forums possess no talent whatsoever. Thats where a lot of the anger for reddit comes from.

The creator stole all the memes from this site to build it up, but now its actually a useful tool because people with talent actually use it and post advice.

99% of the time the best you're going to get is someone spouting some nonsense about unitaskers in between BJs to Alton Brown.

>i can only master a basic life skill by reading a permanent post on a bhutanese chamber pot decorating forum

Cooking, unlike fitness doesn't have a defined goal. It's not just about how to gain muscle or lose fat. Nor is there a number of things you need to have to be a good cook. A big kitchen with lots of counterspace and all the works? Some of the best French restaurant kitchens are smaller than your room and serve 50 tickets per night. A good knife? Your grandma probably used a serrated knife to cook better than your ass can ever hope to. An ingredient list for French cuisine would be useless beyond salt, pepper, butter and garlic for Indian cuisine.

Also, if a sticky was somehow made it would be the death knell for Veeky Forums. You'd have the same dishes being cooked by everyone in the same way.

I just want a fast food sticky for the retarded trump worshipping faggots to knock themselves out in

Anyone planning to go out and drop hundreds on cooking equipment is a moron.
You build a collection over period of time by buying what you need when you need it.

>Thats where a lot of the anger for reddit comes from
Are you implying that reddit is anything other than a sticky and 2 billion posts of LOOK AT MY FIRST TRY and WOW WHAT A CUTE DOGGO XDD

With the French. Get yrself a copy of larousse gastronomique
From there you can teach yourself the following;
Techniques for cooking and preparing the entire spectrum of classic french cuisine
The reasoning behind texture and flavour combinations
How to differentiate between types and qualities of produce
Types and uses of culinary equiment
and hella cool shit (culinary history, prominent figures, movements, and regions)
I suggest attempting a recipe a day from it, till you wanna expand.
Kitchen essentials depends wildly on what you'll be cooking
the barest bones are a pot, pan, knife, and board
If you want some bullshit comprehensive comparative guide then fuck off to a middleclass mums site

I am in the process of compiling basic recipes that will push the beginner, as well as some ideas for equipment

Because Veeky Forums has gone to complete shit and is now 80% reddit faggots.

>we don't like helping muh sekrit klub
Or
>we don't spoofeed retards
>here let me spoofeed you
This post backs up what I said previously about this board being shit and full of ledditors.

You are a summerfag yourself, aren't you

you're right, this board is better suited to look at pictures of costco hotdogs

You could try anywhere other than Veeky Forums for starters.

Veeky Forums is less about teaching babbies how to crack eggs and more about people who enjoy cooking more than the average guy enough that you can shitpost about things only like minds will even bother appreciating.

Also we have this same thread every other day

"use google" isnt spoonfeeding, retard

>Veeky Forums is less about teaching babbies how to crack eggs and more about people who enjoy cooking
Let's not kid ourselves. Veeky Forums is one of the most shitpost-saturated boards. McChickens, Jack webms, Costco hot dogs... This board isn't about food and cooking. It's about sperging out with shitposts, and about feeling smug that other people cook worse than you do.