"read Gravity's Rainbow, it's a masterpiece"

>"read Gravity's Rainbow, it's a masterpiece"
>old guy eats shit and drinks piss

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/97/05/18/reviews/pynchon-watts.html
nytimes.com/books/97/05/18/reviews/pynchon-luddite.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't think of any instances where eating shit and drinking pee was better written.

poo poo pee pee
pepe is derivative art

>taking reading advice from edgy murrican teenagers

Is this really what Gravity's Rainbow is about?

It's about Bananas you dingus

Thanks for spoiling the book you BITCH

It's about Dodo birds you dodo

Pynchon is basically a Veeky Forums shitposter before the internet existed, dude's obsessed with 'ironic' racism, deviancy/homosex, gratuitous scat fetish stuff, and being edgy in general.

don't forget unironically believing in 9/11 conspiracy theories and probably a whole host of others he doesn't care to write books about.

>tfw there's a chance Pynchon might have unironically gone alt right

Where the fuck did you get that from? If anything, Pynchon would be a huge SJW.

>dies from E.coli

the end

boner

I don't want to read this book anymore

M&D is better anyways

dfw is the sjw
pynchon has transcended

>read thread
>« Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ » post
>get cancer

This. It's hard to read DFW without getting the feeling he'd write a speech for Obama or Trudeau and lecture poor people about gender pronouns of upper class trannies.

maybe he would have done so for a quick buck, but remember, dude voted for Reagan twice

Certainly not the tour de force I was expecting. More of a tour de force.... of the bowels.

t. somebody who hasn't read Consider the Lobster

Wtf, I like scat now?

pomo everyone

I want to read this book now

>tfw you've never read infinite jest, finnegans wake, or gravity's rainbow because they seem awful and whenever you read a longer passage it's SO much worse than you imagined

okay

He actually does

Post em!

Btw wut you Tolkien a boat?

Does anyone else just think it reads comically?

Pynchon?
Comic?

no way!

>The brigadiers come quickly

That's not the worst part. I found the castration scene harder to read.

Some of the pedophilia was pretty scandalous too.

Doesn't get rolling till book 3 and really good until reread

>leftism squeals Obama and transgender people

what the fuck is wrong with Americans

>people who don't see the metaphor for the unseen horrors of war that haunt people and poison their souls leading to their inevitable deaths from their unseen wounds via suicide
Plebs the fucking lot of you.

That's not very nice

>pomo everyone
The Earth is worthless and ruined because I just had Diarrhea

>unseen horrors of war
>somehow invoked by a guy eating shit and jerking off

well, I mean, he directly mentions it

ITT: newfags
Man, have all of you guys seriously not read Gravity's Rainbow? For how much the book is meme'd on here, I'd assume that the majority of you have actually read it. Besides, the shit-eating part wasn't even that bad. There's far more depraved shit that happens in the book.

Gravity's Rainbow has some genuinely GOAT passages, though.

The little kicks of razored cunt... Hideous.

>Hey, you're Mickey Rooney

>Veeky Forums is Americans

Learn something new every day.

What was the point of the whole toiletship/electric frog part? Did pynchon come up with the log cabin joke himself?

>"read Moby Dick, it's a masterpiece"
>interracial gay sex

Now that's what I call shitposting!

Same

Wait is that book actually really weird? I've never read it, but I've been recommending it to people for a long time now to seem cultured.

I hope you guys didn't fuck me again

They think you're a pervert now.

>recommending something you've never read
I can tell your circle of friends is largely uncultured and uneducated to take your opinion at its worthless face value, like swine in human form eating their grub. Everyone I know won't bother to even hear you out unless you can explain what makes a work worthwhile, and go into detail on any influences it has had on you.

That picture is fucking wonderful

The sad part is I haven't watched this show for several years so for a while i thought they were real examples

Why though?

You sound like you got a lot of vaccines when you were a kid

>all these plebs who haven't read GR

what the hell are you doing on this board? it's lit canon. stick to r/books

It's a single passage out of a 700+ page book.

Pynchon's eruditeness is overrated, he uses beautiful, big words, but at the core of his books are a core of set tenants that he more than makes sure he demonstrates

Don't worry, none of them made it past the first page

Yikes. I've been absent from Veeky Forums for a bit but the fact that they think Pynchon is alt-right just shows how low the reading comprehension and, in general, the practice of reading on this board truly is... lol

nytimes.com/books/97/05/18/reviews/pynchon-watts.html

Smell ya later, brainlets.

my favorite /Pynchon/core

nytimes.com/books/97/05/18/reviews/pynchon-luddite.html

you're a fucking idiot

way to define what a novel is

>pynchon wrote a novel hurrrr

I bet you think you're smart...

The shit-eating scenes are meant to show you just how uncomfortable war is supposed to make you in an age of incessant entertainment being made about conflict.
War is waste. It's eating shit for the sake of nothing, really. This ties into Pynchon's hinting at a broader conspiracy of the allies and axis in secret cahoots in regards to Slothrop's research.

God, you people can't think sometimes.

The whole of Pynchon's output is directly criticizing the powers that be...
He also champions the lower class. I really don't know what these /pol/tards are on about, really.
I wish this board didn't get injected with overly-ironic and depressed 18 year olds.

Say "core" again

> but at the core of his books are a core of set tenants that he more than makes sure he demonstrates

Oh, really? No way! it's like he's a writer writing a novel or something. Shit...

Is the sky blue as well?

Find some IRL friends and discuss literature with them. Unless you're socially awkward, in which case you're stuck with us depressed 18-year-olds.

I can't stand "literary" types in real life.

They're all dim English majors...
Also talking about shit like that irl is boring af.

Well then, since you're here in hell, you might stop wasting everyone's time by complaining about the heat.

But all Gravity's Rainbow is, is a connection of well written, planned anecdotes. They are ALL symbolic, and every single one has a theme.

Being interested in economics, I liked Byron the Light bulb's story the best. Planned obsolescence is a horrifying thought.

I can tell you're one of those people who gets off on explaining obvious constructs to people...

Good lordy lord.

I haven't read GR.

Didn't like it.

No, just discussing literature.

>man slips on banana peel
>"Kill myself"

I legitimately laughed at that.

Still true though. I say this a guy who read V after GR. The basic template is there... also there are some correspondences that were posted here that some guy found in a library? Does anybody have those?

A series of planned, symbolic anecdotes is LITERALLY just literature, they're getting triggered because there is no point to your posts

>All these plebs on Veeky Forums
Hi newfriend.

i only saved this one

Nice
M
E
M
E

nice

Would't that have been better expressed by writing an essay or something?

not necessarily?

Back the fuck off?

yah, if you read Pynchon you'd understand what he means