Harvard vs Princeton for Undergrad in Physics + Computer Science?

Harvard vs Princeton for Undergrad in Physics + Computer Science?
>inb4 you wont get in, don't worry about it

Princeton is probably better, but go to Harvard and then do your graduate work at Princeton.

Harvard, you can cross enroll in MIT courses, work with their profs, and sit in on their seminar's lectures, two great uni's for the price of one really expensive one.

Don't go to Harvard for undergrad, they don't care about undergrads. Not sure about Princeton though

Also you're not gonna get in

Princeton focuses on undergrads so go there for undergrad

>Physics + Computer Science
>Computer Science
lmao, are you scared? too pussy to go full physics?
just accept that you will end up as a code monkey

Do Caltech you pussy

Nobody gives a fuck about where you went to college except for you. I've gone to 2 universities. One the lowliest of party schools and the other the nerdiest of scientific based schools. If you get a degree in something that matters [engineering], you'll get a job regardless of what school you went to. When you're two years or more into your career, it will matter even less of where you went to school. It just doesn't matter that much unless you want to jerk yourself off to your 8.5x11 sheet of card stock. Get over yourself Carl Sagan.

this is true. example you can go to the shittiest CS school in the country, but if you have years of experience and are competent you can go work for google because they wont' give a fuck about the school anymore

This is wrong

>pipe dreaming undergrad cs
>worshiping the ivy meme instead of actual top tier undergrad cs schools

Oh and if you're white, I don't suggest going for computer science considering the vast amount of Gupta quota hires you will be competing with that will do your job for 3/4 of the job that a us/Canadian/European would do it for. It's almost a worthless major in my humble opinion. From the looks of it, you and every other cs major wants to be a video game developer of some sort. Take some time and do some thinking about reality because a physics major will get you a job as a waiter at chilis, generally speaking. Go CE/EE/ME not necessarily in that order. You will get your fill of physics and cs any of those routes. All other science majors outside of engr, geophysics, geo, or gis are somewhat of a waste. I'm assuming you're aiming to get a job of course. Otherwise, disregard my advise.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

that

>Physics + Computer Science
why would you do this? either accept you're going to be a developer or go all in for physics.

Physics is not a realistic major for job prospects. My real advise here would be-pick which branch of physics you are most fascinated with, be it mechanics/heat or e&m. Then find the engineering major that corresponds, i.e. Mechanical/electrical engineering. Or if you like it all, go with industrial. If you happen to like e&m then you're in luck, you won't have to have a minor or a double major because it's a total package. You'll do a shit ton of programming with different languages and physics. Boom-done and you'll get a decent job. End of story. Forget about the school. Choose the one with the hottest bitches.

Princeton

Doesn't fucking matter about undergrad physics.

You could self learn undergrad physics via purcell and griffiths and any GR textbook, what matters is where you go to grad and to get into the best grad school of your choice you gotta focus on making some research papers or if you are lucky and or really good getting some of those papers to be published, you get a single research topic/paper published in a science journal as an undergrad then you really don't have to worry much.

Jjust focus on research and research and research

relating on this guy You can also do undergraduate physics and take a physical geology and historical geology course (or more if you have the extra time) then transfer to a graduate school for a masters in geophysics, then you would be finding oil and minerals and doing general geoengineering, also to make a note everything that you learn in geophysics is just applied E&M concepts.

Fortunately as with everything that is a applied variation of a theoretical concept, the applied is easier compared to the theoretical so to put it bluntly in terms of difficulty an undergraduate degree in physics is > than a master's in geophysics, difficulty wise.

Truly anyone who says you can self learn undergrad physics has never even done first year undergrad physics, it's not your kiddie high school bullshit, undergrad in physics is much more expansive than any of you brainlets would ever know

t. Physics and CompSci degree

How do you write a paper as an undergrad? I'm working as a research assistant with a grad student and I still don't know how I'd even get started.

Harvard ftw

what ends undergrad B.S.? intro to quantum mechanics and solving some exam problems with them?

the one you can afford, the one that wouldn't be a crippling financial mistake.