Raskolnikov

>Raskolnikov
>has faith or spirituality
>believes he is above the morals of society
>fantasizes over Napoleon as the perfect man
>has delirious dream where a man is beating a horse and he's deeply upset over it
>(Nietzsche)

How the fuck did he do it?

Meant to write
>has NO faith or spirituality
by the way.

The dream sequence is my favourite in literature, it alone justifies the dream sequence as a literary tradition/device in my view.

It is honestly pretty strange.

Dostoievski was one of the few chosen by God in our modern day

I don't know what it is, but it's like the greatest artists are in tune with the fabric of reality.

Am I the only one that doesn't know what's going on in this thread

>I don't know what it is, but it's like the greatest artists are in tune with the fabric of reality.

Le Ubermensch

I think they are implying Dosty prophecized Nietschze

Dostoevsky predicted Nietzsche with Crime and Punishment, but the strange thing is the segment where Raskolnikov passes out from stress and has a nightmare of a man beating a horse to death as he watches in horror (Nietzsche's mental breakdown).

The Nietzsche horse story actually came from Crime and Punishment. It never happened in real life.

This is why using literature to interpret reality makes sense. Reality does not work how we've come to believe it works. Just look at PK Dick's experience with the Book of Acts.

I don't think that's true, but Nietzsche seeing a horse being beaten isn't fact.

If you've read The Idiot, how do you think it holds up to Ippolit's dream? Both are pretty awesome, but Ip's is just so surreal and... IDK

It was influenced by the story because OP isn't the first one to connect the two

Nietzsche doesn't have morals.

I thought Nietszche had a nice moment while petting a horse (or liked to?) and then once got very injured by getting kicked by it?

You're saying this like it's a fact when the horse version of the story is widely accepted as true.

Nietzsche had already read C&P and was miming out the scene after collapsing his entire horse-life into the debilitating form of the disciplined Turin horse.

Raskolnikov felt sick, but he couldn't say why when he saw his face reflected in his victim's twinkling eye.
Some things you'll do for money and some you'll do for fun,
But the things you do for love are going to come back to you one by one.

C and P was published when Nietzsch was 22. Not saying you dont know this, but it relates to your post, and saying it for anyone that might not know and if it relates to OP

Man I was singing Love Love Love to myself while at work today.

Funny coincidence.

I think the odds of him having read Crime and Punishment are pretty good, since he piled praise upon Notes from the Underground.