What are some good reads (preferably novels, not philosophical essays) related to existentialism / absurdism / nihilism...

What are some good reads (preferably novels, not philosophical essays) related to existentialism / absurdism / nihilism.

I know those are 3 different philosophies but they all share things like lack of objective morality / lack of objective meaning in life / overcoming the absurd / etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

desu bump

desu bump again

warosu.org/lit/

is that one better than this lit or what

Hijacking this thread

What's the difference between nihilism, subjectivism and relativism? Don't they all ultimately collapse back to nihilism?

The Book of Ecclesiastes is like twelve pages and packs more heat than any of these scrubs.

fuck off jew

>this pleb posts on Veeky Forums and there's nothing I can do about it
pretty infuriated tbqhwy

i said fuck off jew

who's the nihilist?

Nausea
No Exit
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
White Noise
The Stranger
The Trial
The Plague
Notes From the Underground
Crime and Punishement
The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Nihilism is only the first step towards the Truth.

anything by Houellebecq

10/10 comment would read again

>Truth

> lack of objective morality / lack of objective meaning in life / overcoming the absurd / etc.
The reason yóu are playing this language game is that you are boring and uninspired. Probably bullied as well.

/thread

found the religious cuck

he didnt evne mention Tolstoy and you say /thread

desu bump

>lack of objective morality
Who cares. You know you'd feel bad for insulting your brother or killing a nigga so you don't do it for the sake of peace of mind.

>lack of objective meaning in life
Like having that used to make things any easier. "Just hold out fifty or so more years, paradise awaits if you're a good boy". As if that made life meaningful in a profound sense dude. People were just as depressed then as now.

> overcoming the absurd
Ooooh how mysterious and intriguing. Not. There is nothing "absurd" about life. We do what we must to get by and this involves mind numbingly redundant activity for the sake of aquiring currency under capitalism, or plain old survival in earlier times.

Of course you gotta leave it to coddled post war bougie snails to make it about their feels. MUH ANGUISH. MUH EXISTENTIAL ASSPAINED ANAL PAINS. Do you even realize how silly this sounds to men with intact balls?

Sort yourself out kid. Nothing personalle.

fuck off jew this is Veeky Forums go discuss philosophy in Veeky Forums

Good lit doesn't concern itself with superfluous philosophical wankery. Only the meaningful type :^)

Wow you're incredibly stupid.
Go back to r9k or /b/, clown.

Debate me, philistine.

I like you, user
I hope you're racist

found the jew

I've always thought jews were the guys who wanted goyim to fall into nihilism and spend their whole life depressed.

Nihilism is not depressing, only beta teenagers that act like im depressed life is shit i hate everyone think nihilism is depressing.

I bet you are one of those, never heard about übermensch ?

found the nose

desu bump

autism.jpg

What the fuck, Camus would not have said there's a meaning to life

He would if it had gotten him laid

>Implying he was a cuck like you

Watch it

St. Augustine started and said everything of value that is there to be said on the subject. Everything else is garbage for teenagers.

>St. Augustine
kek

fag

Now THAT'S one YOUNG Pope.

A young faggot

Makes me happy that I'm Christian.

I know his domain is philosophy of history but does Oswald Spengler touch upon meaning at all in his writings?

subtle bait i like it

not a bait faggot

lol that is the archive of Veeky Forums.
All past threads, even deleted ones, and deleted messages too.

proud of believing in things that dont exist kek

lul

All this stuff is garbage, worse than useless. Read Nietzsche and Jung. SORT YOURSELF OUT.

>Jung
>Psychoanalyst
kek

toomanyofyou.png

fag

what?

Carl Gustav Jung

the nihilism one seems wrong.

>thinking kierkegaard is valuable because of the shitty solutions he provided to the problems he diagnosed and not for the diagnosis itself

why do stupid people even bothered reading philosophy?

kant LUL

i didnt make it m9

t. someone who never read cunt

This is some thread lads

i did and he was a faggot

but at least he wanst 100% wrong

>i did and he was a faggot
>he said while not explaining in detail why Kant was a faggot

>but at least he wanst 100% wrong
>he said while not explaining in detail why Kant wasn't 100% wrong

you have to do better than that, this is serious business

this is Veeky Forums not Veeky Forums faggot

>associating with a school of thought
>still caring about the meaning of life

>not interested in anything

lul

Existentialism is great when you are 14 but then you grow up and realise that the one true way to comport yourself is by belonging to One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church and studying the writings of Church Fathers.

>is by belonging to One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church and studying the writings of Church Fathers.

wouldn't they not want you if you're above the age of 14 tho?

nice b8

>B8
Tips.

fag

Who's representing Atheist existentialism and nihilism here?