Approximately how big a portion of your bookshelf is unread?

Approximately how big a portion of your bookshelf is unread?

0%. i don't buy books i don't read and i also clean out my shelf and get rigd of everything i don't need anymore every now and then

that picture scared me.
I have 10 books I bought that I haven't read yet.

Maybe 5%

You fuckers have memed me into buying some rubbish books.

On my book shelf? Nothing. I've read everything there at least once. If I haven't read a book, it goes in a small pile that moves between my bed and my desk. The idea being that, because the pile represents a physical obstacle, it encourages me read, if only to keep the pile manageable.

Half.

I get rid of books after I read them unless they were expensive or I liked them a lot.

33% percent, roughly. They will be read eventually. Occasionally I find very cheap classics at thrift stores, and I buy bulk.

I don't put my books I haven't read on my bookshelf

The only book that I own that I havent read is lord of the rings which I got off of an "antique" shop. It had a pretty badass map inside

About 30% I guess. I have a lot I plan to read but haven't got around to yet.

Around 35% (~500 books), some of which are things that I'll never read the whole way through, like anthologies.

about 70% topkek

mostly because of the fact that I am constantly trading books I've read but don't like it enough to keep it in second-hand bookstores, and also the fact that I am always looking at stores and if I find a book I plan on reading with a good price I just buy it. For instance, I pretend to read W&P one day but wasn't planning on buying it just yet, but then I go and stumble across a W&P for U$ 3,00...what can I do?

but I plan on reading all of them, there is not 1 book in those 70% I regret buying.

same here

IT'S PAYNE

GET HIM

Sam Lake is my favorite videogame writer desu despite his last game being dogshit. Max Payne gave me a lot more appreciation for noir detective style writing.

I give/throw away everything I don't read

99% out of 180 classics.
I buy them, read 2 chapters, and then pass on the next classic.

about 1/3

roughy 25%

nice bait

Cut me some slack guys, I know how pathetic that sounds.
>tfw ADHD

About 90%

If we exclude all my reference books
Around 3-5%
If we include them it's around 7-8%.

I rarely put books I haven't read on the shelf.

I got someone's whole collection after they went to a retirement home.
And I buy too many. Plus I still go to the library.
So I think 70%.

I don't put books on my shelves until I read them. The books I have yet to read sit in a pile next to my desk.

You don't have to read all the classics moron.
Also, take your medicine, it makes a world of difference.

Around 40% of the shelf is unread. All of the books I haven't read are stacked horizontally.

Around 10-15%. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Arabian Nights (I've read a portion of it though), and I still have like the last 20% of Herodotus to finish, and Napoleon's A Life. I'm sure there are some others but idk what.

>having the luxury of a bookshelf

Must feel good still living at home I guess

go to ikea you mongrel

About half of my shelf, maybe even upwards to 60% is unread. I frequent used bookstores and frequently find loads of sub 10-dollar copies of shit that I want to read so I scoop them up on weekends.

Am a slow reader, so my shelf is always expanding faster than I can read it. Which, I love. Because it means when I need something to read, I don't have to go search around for it; I just have to walk into my living room and pluck up another great book I've never read before. Keeping the majority of my three meager shelves unread makes me feel like I'm a kid in my father's enormous library again--wandering around the shelves packed full of books filled with shit I've never even considered. I suppose it's comfier that way.

Most of it. Maybe 2/3 to 3/4. I don't tend to hold onto books I've already read and don't intend on rereading or sharing with possible future children.

50%.

Larger part of it. Too much time on my e-reader.

But user, I own my own home. Bookshelves can be really cheap if you buy them from places like Ikea.