Is there anything to evolutionary psychology besides "we're social animals because we're primates" and "we submit to...

Is there anything to evolutionary psychology besides "we're social animals because we're primates" and "we submit to our bosses because we're evolutionarily used to being below the tribe leader alpha male" and "men like to fuck more girls because we have more sperm and girls are selective with partners because they're pregnant for 9 months" and "women like bad boys because bad boys have survival value"?

Can you take an evolutionary psychology course at any college? Are there any more theories besides the one I posted? I'm interested in reading them if there are.

>>>/git gud faggot/

What?

>we submit to our bosses because we're evolutionarily used to being below the tribe leader alpha male
WHO could of wrote such a thing in your state issued textbook? and WHY!?

the absolute state of my side rn

No one did I'm just thinking of commonly memed evolutionary psychologyisms and seeing if there's anything else to it but memes posted on imageboards

>currently in a intro to psych as a natural science to fulfill a social science requirement

So far, we've gone over two things

1. Political polarization might be due to genetic differences between the population

2. Some social cues (like smiling) are innate

DOES A BEE COMPLAIN WHEN HE MUST MAKE HIS WAX? BACK IN LINE BETA BERRY PICKER.

>genetic are the cause of people being herded through the media into believing you're either on one side or the other, even when 'both sides' are in every sense the same and are controlled this way
>implying you could know what a smile is if you never saw anyone do it
hilarious "education" you've gotten

Babies smile you retarded faggot

nice comprehension, for science you should have a child and lock them up at birth so they never see any faces, then see if they will smile.

They will still smile in the same way they shit without ever seeing someone shit

Well actually the political polarization thing has to do with the correlation between reaction to threatening images (measured through skin conduction) and political party. With the advent of transportation (and more recently online dating) people can now be more selective with partners and presumably pick those with similar ideas. The children of this couple will likely display the same response and then this difference would be compounded due to nurture.

The smile thing has to do with blind children social smiling or masking when given an object they don't particularly want or even like. Additionally it has to do with the shared emotional cues across different cultures and species.

Oh I also left out that identical twins, even when raised apart tend to have similar political ideologies.

BLIND babies smile. You are a moron as well as a faggot.

AUDIBLE KEK

op you need to watch some Gad Sadd and Jordan Peterson

>could of

Its could have.

study evolutionary biology, quantitative genetics, behavioral genetics and psychometrics instead
evopsych people are brainlets

I think he was joking.

i really don't think those things are that different to evo psych

evo psych is the broad normie word version of
>evolutionary biology
>quantitative genetics
>behavioral genetics
>psychometrics

... the jews?

>Implying a lot of personality traits are not passed genetically
>Implying there are not studies which show certain genes related with your political stance(conservative, liberal)
>Implying we can´t actually mold this...

If somehow people with severe depression related to genetics, started to reproduce more then the average joe, it will be a matter of time until a larger part of society has the same kind of depression, or even schizo.

And yes, society plays a role, but your genetic background does play a role as well, and to fight that and actually decrease those influences takes a lot of time and practice, something most people don´t actually have the will power to do it.

I will speculate from now on, so don´t take this too seriously, as I can´t prove it:
If you come from a violent background and is raised properly, it is a matter of generations until you develop a new "genetic modus operandi", the more you perpetuate the behavior of old people the more likely you are to lead people to a ants society, the more you perpetuate liberals behavior, the more you lead our society to anarchy and basically chaos.

Kind true, but still is the first science to put all that together and focusing on the human per se, it is just as necessary, but they rely much more on the sciences you just cited.