Do you know any other books by black authors that are completely bereft of black people?

Do you know any other books by black authors that are completely bereft of black people?

I need to convince someone that I'm a diverse reader.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Dumas
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

read some black authors then. you don't need to like them, and you never know, you might like one!

I cannot read about black people, that is simply not an option.

Are there any books by black authors that aren't about race?

i don't know the race of the authors i read

then they're white.

Why?

This makes a lot of sense. Every novel that a black author writes is about race and being black. It must be a cash cow.

No.

No, black literature is solely reliant on race because that's what works and gets the awards.
I swear Maya Angelou and Ralph Ellison made the worst feely feels book ever just to win awards in literally circles.

your pic related might be the only one

most non-american black lit
almost all African lit
Marlon James' Seven Killings
Delany
Walcott
Dumas
Pushkin
de Assis

A lot of genre fic crap

Puskin is black? What?

Are you really willing to give those nigger scholars the Russian Shakespeare?

>Seven Killings
>not about race
It may not be the main focus, but race is a large component in the book just because of the time in Jamaica it deals with.

>Are you really willing to give those nigger scholars the Russian Shakespeare?
my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he's of African descent. Pushkin isn't mine to "give", nor yours or anyone's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Dumas

Maybe?

>Ossip Abramovich Gannibal's father, Pushkin's great-grandfather, was Abram Petrovich Gannibal (1696–1781), an African page kidnapped to Constantinople as a gift to the Ottoman Sultan and later transferred to Russia as a gift for Peter the Great." I mean it was distant but it's there so there's that

I'm going to draw a line in the sand here and say that quadroons count and octoroons don't.

neil degrasse tyson wrote a book about pluto
not many black people in that

The tedious cunt makes everything about himself so there's one.

This. Brazillian pride woo woo woo.
Also pretty sure Tutuola doesn't explicitly say any character was black.

>*SMACKS LIPS*
>AYO HOL UP
>SO YOU BE SAYIN
>*STARTS RUSSIAN LITERATURE*
>WE BE LIKE
>*GETS SHOT BY D'ANTHES*
>WE WUZ PUSHKIN AND SHIET?!?!?!