Why the fuck didn't anybody tell me arugula was so good?

Why the fuck didn't anybody tell me arugula was so good?

The thumbnail looked like a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream with some mint or other plant as garnish

don't know, i've loved arugula for years and years.
try having some nice bread with arugula,good mozzarella and some italian cold cuts. shit's so cash

Here's another secret, mustard greens. It's bitter and spicy, it would go well with an especially sweet, fruity vinaigrette

Goes great in a sandwich with thick wholemeal bread and prawn mayo. Anything you want to add a bit of peppery bite to.

>prawn mayo
whatt
theee
fuckkk
sounds awful on its own, and youre adding rucola

It's rocket, not arugula. Get your mangled guido slang the fuck out of here.

well looky here boys, we got ourselves a genuine retard.

it's like tuna salad, not prawn flavored mayo

The rest of the world calls it rocket, rucola or roquette. 'Arugula' was a phonetically-spelled word invented in 1960 by an American writer who misheard local guidoese.

It's a little bit like Imperial measurements or driving on the right hand side of the road. Americans do it because they're too fucking stupid to realise that the rest of the world actually has it right and they're in the wrong.

Maybe the country that invented the automobile gets to decide what is the right way, my little ass blasted yuropoor.

doesn't really matter, it has a few generally accepted names which includes both arugula and rocket.

>ass blasted yuropoor

You do realise that the automobile is a European invention, my poorly educated American teenage friend?

'Arugula' is an Americanism not generally accepted by the rest of the world.

The more you know...

mercans BTFO

amerifats BTFO

murilards eternally btfo

Arugula wasn't misheard faggot, it's dialect in most Italian regions.

fine, it's used all over europe and usa then, that's still quite a big chunk of the world.

>it's dialect in most Italian regions

GABAGOOL

Arugula (/əˈruːɡələ/), the common name now widespread in the United States and Canada, entered American English from non-standard (dialect) Italian. (The standard Italian word is rucola, a diminutive of the Latin "eruca"). The Oxford English Dictionary dates the first appearance of "arugula" in American English to a 1960 New York Times article by food editor and prolific cookbook writer Craig Claiborne.

Arugula is not used in Europe any more than pommes frites are referred to as 'French fries'.

It's almost as if you don't realise that other countries with thousands of years of history and culture do things a little differently to your country.

who fucking cares dude
let the sharts use whatever word they want to use
there is always bound to be some kind of regional language variation

Because you have no friends to tell you, your mum's a fat cunt who eats lard and your dad is unaware of your existence as he was just a client.