Fuck all you food nazis, to me this is chinese food. the "authentic" stuff I've seen looks fuckin gross...

fuck all you food nazis, to me this is chinese food. the "authentic" stuff I've seen looks fuckin gross. not into eating entrails sorry.

Thats not pork fried rice

I like the little pieces of broccoli flower to go with your carb and sugar meal. It really spruces it up. In all seriousness though, that stuff is like crack. The corn starch battered meat and sweet and slightly spicy sticky sauce. So good some how. Mostly a twice a year type thing, though. Kind of like pizza.

>Mostly a twice a year type thing, though.

Hah, way to overindulge fatty

For me it's a once in two decades type of thing

I doubt you've even celebrated two decades yet.

I used to enjoy American Chinese food before I moved to the northwest. Literally every "chicken" is just a tiny bit of meat deep fried in a ton of dough with liquid sugar poured over it. In the south it was actual pieces of chicken shallow fried and with a savory-sweet sauce.

I have actually, had my second pizza and everything

It depends. Most of the time you see these sorts of American Chinese food places (IE cheap-looking place, a fast food chain, or a place inside a grocery store), they're ridiculously flavorless, if not just shit left to sit out in the open in a buffet-style heating tray for hours on end. But even if you do get it fresh, it ends up having about 5% of the flavor you get from actual chinese restaurants.

I mean, it's not like every chinese-owned restaurant sells shit straight from china, you ought to be able to find a place that sells just basic chicken dishes pretty easily. Even if you're scared to try anything new, just go to an actual chinese place and get their chow mein/orange chicken, and you'll immediately be able to tell why people hold distain for the fast food version.

I lived in China for a few years. Some of the food is good but i prefer American chinese desu. Everyone who bitches about it and acts like authentic chinese is amazing is just the equivalent of weebs but for chinks whatever that is called.

If you're not eating "Chinese" food with a mountain dew you fucked up.

Then thank compromised immigrant ingredients.

And that's not a joke, standards really helped.

Cheebs.

Honestly though, like really honestly thought, this.

You shouldn't be eating your fatty meals with cold drinks. It congeals the fat within you which can compromise circulation

Sinoboo

uma delicia

To me, American Chinese and Chinese Chinese are two different tngs, but both are good.

>It congeals the fat within you

Lol, no. A "cold drink" is warmed up by your body heat within moments of eating it. Your complaint is fiction.

I know that you're just shitposting but it really is amazing how there are people out there who will believe stuff like that.

Thanks 18th century doctor!

>Everyone who bitches about it and acts like authentic chinese is amazing is just the equivalent of weebs but for chinks whatever that is called.
Or maybe they don't like food that is pumped full of transfat, sugar and chemical additives.
Maybe they enjoy eating healthy?

Chinese American food is an amazing cultural artifact - it's an entire codified menu of dishes developed here based on Chinese cooking that bear little resemblance to anything you'd actually find in China. You had these people arrive who were isolated from mainstream culture by looks, religion, language and culture. They tend to cluster together in Chinatowns. But they're mostly Cantonese, and food is everything to them, so some of them open restaurants or end up as cooks for railroad labor camps. They're good because they can cook anything - literally anything that's edible - and make it taste good, because that's what they did in their home country. And over the course of a century they develop a new cuisine tailored to American taste. Chop suey, egg foo yung, chow mein and the apotheosis of the cuisine in the form of General Tso's chicken. And that's where things stopped. More recent immigrants open shops devoted to regional cuisines involving hand pulled noodles, soup dumplings or bing, but the development of the Chinese American menu seems to be over. While still popular it's fast becoming a relic of 20th Century Americana, like chili joints, hot dog joints and red sauce pasta restaurants.

As someone who lives in China I have no idea how American Chinese food became Chinese food.

Maybe it's more Hong Kong cuisine?

Probably your second pizza today 2bh familia

>carb and sugar meal
>half the food is protein

You a retard or what?

This. But it's not just "American taste" which shaped the cuisine, it's also what ingredients were available. There was a great deal of ingredient substitution being done because the Chinese immigrants couldn't get many of the things they were used to so the recipes changed based on what they could get.

You can see the same thing elsewhere in the world. Southeast Asia is a great example, especially Malaysia. Many dishes there are based on Chinese technique but with local ingredients. And it's damn amazing.

ROAST

His was funnier.

>tfw no 火锅 outside of China

No doubt. Cantonese speaking Chinese traveled all over the world, and wherever they went the created great new cuisines based around their style of cooking, what was available locally and local tastes. But the development of the American Chinese take out menu as a codified thing during the 20th Century is still a remarkable cultural artifact.

American food is an amazing cultural artifact - it's an entire codified menu of dishes developed here based on European cooking that bear little resemblance to anything you'd actually find in Europe. You had these people arrive who were isolated from mainstream culture by looks, religion, language and culture. They tend to cluster together in Cities. But they're mostly White people, and food is everything to them, so some of them open restaurants or end up as cooks for railroad labor camps. They're good because they can cook anything - literally anything that's edible - and make it taste good, because that's what they did in their home countries. And over the course of a century they develop a new cuisine tailored to American taste. Corndogs, hushpuppies, baked potato with sour cream, and the apotheosis of the cuisine in the form of an all American Beef Hamburger. And that's where things stopped. More recent immigrants open shops devoted to regional cuisines involving hand pulled potatoes, cheesy bratwurst or pasta alfredo, but the development of the American menu seems to be over. While still popular it's fast becoming a relic of 20th Century Americana, like chili joints, hot dog joints and red sauce pasta restaurants.

It's never happened before that I had to click "Hide Post" on a post, but you did it. Congratulations.

>I clicked that 20 minutes ago

I wish this would stop.

UMA DELICIA MHMMMM

thanks user

There is literally nothing wrong with sopa de macaco

>carb and sugar meal
>sugar is carbs
>chicken is protein
Stupid faggot

>tfw moved and no more p.f changs near me

all the authentic places suck dick

holy fuck what a moron

So this is what anger on the internet looks like. Interesting.

I live near an old school Chinese restaurant. It's not a franchise, everyone that works there is Chinese & speaks Chinese, the teller is like 40 and looks 25 and is just bitchy enough in her engrish that it's cute. The dishes are almost like OP's only there's actual balance of meat, vegetables, and rice that I can't for the life of me duplicate. Half the dishes have warnings about how spicy they are. OP's pic isn't real Chinese, but neither would I want traditional Chinese either. Luckily the place I like has found a good balance.

Sugar or oil, choose your poison.

Entrails are delicious but yes, "authentic" chink food is gross.

>literally swimming in sugar and fat

Nah, you can get knockout authentic Chinese food. The terrible stuff is generally either shit the serfs would have to scrounge up in the fields (roast whole rodents, dog, rancid garbage, etc.), or the overly decadent Eyes Wide Shut-tier food for the wealthy (baby mice fried alive in boiling oil, birds nest soup, or fancy rancid garbage, etc.).

LOW
O
W

I
Q

can confirm this shit will kill you. I was at a job where the only food available panda express and I put on 50lbs in 3 months, when the job ended I went back down to my human weight eating a human diet. I have never paid attention to my calorie intake but god damn I thought there was something wrong with me or that I was just getting old.

It's nothing like Hong Kong cuisine either.

The only similarities are sweet and sour pork and beef and broccoli. Even then, the sweet and sour pork from a good Chinese place isn't 90% batter and doesn't taste like pure corn syrup.

In fact, the fried rice and chow mein is drastically different that the Hong Kong stuff.

Hong Kong cuisine consists mainly of seafood dishes and meat/veggie stir fries with a corn starch slurry and superior stock sauce.