ITT ugliest words in english language

ITT ugliest words in english language
I'll start
>Earth
is the whole people make when they're retching. What a disgraceful way to describe our homeworld

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpne8fCwFJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=52bP_qUcxYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Earth, but Terra is better

>2017
>earth
>not orb-garden of brilliant fecundity

sounds so much better desu

i-it means dirt, m-morty!

>land
>it's mostly water

Whoa, that's a good idea! Why don't we start using Terra instead of Earth?

t. every science fiction writer ever

>water
>it's mostly demiurge

One can't spell Earth without Hera; nor Terra without Errata.. I like Earth. Terra makes me think of Gone with the Wind, ancient Ireland, subsequently, and therefore seems reductive.

Fecundity makes me think fecal

-Sleuthing
-Pampered
-Nigger
-Womb
-Gastrointestinal

Speaking strictly in terms of sound, these words drive me up a fucking wall

God
>inb4 fedora posting
It started out as the name for an autistic barbarian.

"Girl" also sounds like puking.

"fiend"
how do you even pronounce it ?
it always reminds me of the french "fiente", bird's poo

>puss

fuck off nigger

Are you French? The placement of your question mark suggests it.

Anyway, "fiend" is pronounced in a way where "fie" rhymes with "me" and "tea" and "bee" etc. Feend.

Yeah, and I didn't know that question mark thing. Always thought I was breaking some rule by adding a space. Thanks.

'utilize' for 'use'

E'Arth

erotic

esoteric

>is the whole people make when they're retching. What a disgraceful way to describe our homeworld

Disgraceful sure, but seems like a perfect way to describe it

The real question is, why would you waste one second of your life on this observation and then try to drag me into a conversation about it?

Try febrile or fertile instead, friend

>Spine
>Spindle
>Any noun that has -ster on the end

I'd prefer calling Earth 'Gaia' or 'Eden', but earth isn't really all that bad. It reminds me of 'hearth' and I feel that's great symbolism for our planet.

>I'd prefer calling Earth 'Gaia' or 'Eden'
urgh, gross

As for ugly words, going by sound, since I don't really think of words looking structurally ugly
>chigger
>faggot
>manure
>flaccid
>paint
>ugliest

Is your mother tongue not English or Germanic based? Because those really aren't unpleasant in English. And as far as personal preference, earth and Terra are all soft, single syllabic words which I don't think really embody earth. But gaia and Eden both are polysyllabic, with hard vowels accentuated by a soft counterpart. It's balanced and self contained. Earth and terra feel like there needs to be something more there.

Never mind, I guess terra is two syllables, but the rest of the point still stand valid.

whatever they sound like, they're way too heavily laden with pop-culture. It doesn't matter what they sound like, they sound cheesy and gross.

Eden wd be too ironic, Gaia too politicized. Where I dwell hearth regularly follows heart, or rhymes with John Barth-- birth and mirth the rhymers.

>can't spell Terra without Errata

What about Urth.

it's the norse godess of Fate

>Gaia is too politicized

Yeah, that was kind of the point, considering our modern times.
And yeah, Eden is a bit ironic, but I feel it really does embody the innocence of the natural planet itself. I can't help the modern negative connotations it has, but in it's raw meaning, you've got to admit it's just as homely as earth.

>eden and gaia
>Pop culture

Just because you've heard of it before doesn't mean britney spears has rendered it meaningless.

Earth's spelling is unappealing, but I like the sound. Urth.

My least favorite word is "delicious"

I didn't get it either.
Earth and Hera follows, but Terra and Errata?
Really? A part the letters, they don't sound the same at all.

>what is sci-fi
>what is video games
>what is fucking final fantasy
>dur-hurf
Don't even kid yourself. Everything even remotely fantasy sounding has been milked beyond repair.

What about Зeмля (Zemlya), phampais?
youtube.com/watch?v=jpne8fCwFJ8

And in case you don't know the raw meaning, Eden, tracing it to Aramaic roots, means "fruitful and/or well-watered".

Maybe, if in different ways. Eden is what Candide learns to cultivate, Earth (Terre) a Zola novel. This distinction becomes one of class, I think-- one homey, the other homely (in both senses).

>when anglos pronounce 'Terra' with their shitty, soft r's

The added 'a' is itself an error, but not a mistake. Disdain for what, exactly?

TE-RAH

How do you say it? You roll the r's or something?

You're clearly more well-read compared to be, I can't discuss Voltaire or Emile in depth. Are you French? Or just well studied?

Roll or gargle. But none of that retroflexive anglo autism.

you just say a hard r. t e r a, ra like in Ramos the footballer and te like in television.
lole kys

Gargle. I'm guessing you don't mean it as in when you gargle water but more allow the r sound to come from tensing your throat instead of pushing it off the lip? Like that sound made by an effort like burping while slowly releasing air?

Well yeah, that's how I say it, being from America. I'm trying to understand how the other poster says it. Odds are it's a more intended pronunciation, so I'm curious.

>How do you say it
Correctly
youtube.com/watch?v=52bP_qUcxYo

Don't forget to call the sun Sol

>sol
>not helios

Sorry, I like my Greeks.

I was just making a class distinction between Eden and Earth from a generalized American perspective-- what Candide cultivates is his garden, what the peasants in the Zola novel cultivate are the fields. Similar, but different-- the former an exclusive place, literally.